• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Afther 2 games from 33 to 39 i now finally have some view on the techtree, mostly afther i found out about the Technoview to be honest and the fact that i (and clearly others) need it to figure the techtree out does say something... It might be great, massive and new i still think its a bit over the top, i mean i dont think anybody would have complained about it if you just added a few small things like AOD did.

I did had another surprize with events playing Germany, think the event was called Plan-Z and i just had about every first shipmodel research done when it popped up and it gave me the blueprints of about every shipmodel i had allready researched wich got me a bit pissed, and shortly afther that i got another one for the Luftwaffe that gave me every blueprint for the first planemodels and well afther that i restarted the game^^.
If there are other similair events it would be great if somebody could inform about it cause i cant find out about it in the event list cause its in Spanish.

Apart from these small isseus it does look really promising and 'massive'.

As Germany you can gain blueprints for most shipmodels (depends on the choices during plan-z), including carrier and adapted cag, for most airplanes, all jet-engine related techs and the first and last nuclear tech. This all happens until september 1939. After that I didn't see any new tech_gain entries in the event file.

My thoughts:
  • I like the expanded map.
  • The additional nations/ministers are good.
  • I like the improved AI, though it needs some work.
  • The changes to the GUI are unnecessary and ugly.
  • I don't personally care for the new tech tree, though I imagine it's great for mod34 fans.
  • The English localization is really, really bad.

I don't know if it's possible, but it would be great if there was a "light" version of Iron Cross with just the new map and AI for those of us who don't want a total mod34 style conversion.

Just for the record bismarck was launched and ready only by mid 1941 and not 1940,and its sister ship tirpitz only came in 1942.

I might be wrong, but was it possible in the mod34 to trigger a communist revolution in germany early in a game..and is this possible in iron cross too?

great game!

Last edited: