+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Thoughts so far

Afther 2 games from 33 to 39 i now finally have some view on the techtree, mostly afther i found out about the Technoview to be honest and the fact that i (and clearly others) need it to figure the techtree out does say something... It might be great, massive and new i still think its a bit over the top, i mean i dont think anybody would have complained about it if you just added a few small things like AOD did.

I did had another surprize with events playing Germany, think the event was called Plan-Z and i just had about every first shipmodel research done when it popped up and it gave me the blueprints of about every shipmodel i had allready researched wich got me a bit pissed, and shortly afther that i got another one for the Luftwaffe that gave me every blueprint for the first planemodels and well afther that i restarted the game^^.
    If there are other similair events it would be great if somebody could inform about it cause i cant find out about it in the event list cause its in Spanish.

Apart from these small isseus it does look really promising and 'massive'.
    The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.

As Germany you can gain blueprints for most shipmodels (depends on the choices during plan-z), including carrier and adapted cag, for most airplanes, all jet-engine related techs and the first and last nuclear tech. This all happens until september 1939. After that I didn't see any new tech_gain entries in the event file.

Second Lieutenant DeathFromBelow's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband

My thoughts:
    • I like the expanded map.
    • The additional nations/ministers are good.
    • I like the improved AI, though it needs some work.
    • The changes to the GUI are unnecessary and ugly.
    • I don't personally care for the new tech tree, though I imagine it's great for mod34 fans.
    • The English localization is really, really bad.

I don't know if it's possible, but it would be great if there was a "light" version of Iron Cross with just the new map and AI for those of us who don't want a total mod34 style conversion.

Just for the record bismarck was launched and ready only by mid 1941 and not 1940,and its sister ship tirpitz only came in 1942.

Big Block of Cheese John Buford's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    Rise of PrussiaCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I might be wrong, but was it possible in the mod34 to trigger a communist revolution in germany early in a game..and is this possible in iron cross too?

great game!
    Last edited by John Buford; 10-10-2010 at 00:03.
    "Bartlet: [reading from a book by George Washington] "In public, put not your hands on any part of your body that is usually covered."
    C.J.: Well... I do what it takes to keep the press corps happy, Mr. President.
    - The West Wing

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyDarkest Hour
    East India Company CollectionFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIIron Cross
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ScarcticCG View Post
    My icons group? This is probably going to be an unbelievably stupid question, but where would I find that?
    If you are still looking for this I found it via Start menu > Programs > Iron Cross > Utilities - extremely useful little utility!!

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by Meanmanturbo View Post
    I dont think he actually speak any English at all and get by with translation programs, which leads to some very odd language. I certainly looked that way in the version of Mod34 I tried about 2 years ago anyway.
    I think "prove" is " Test".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3