• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

birdboy2000

Megalomaniac
60 Badges
Jan 27, 2007
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
I have no clue if this is common. In my New England game, while getting smacked around by myself and the British Empire, the USA ran out of brigades. This, I expect - they got crushed, after all.

What I did not expect is for it not to replace them. Loaded up as them and they had 0/0 soldier pops. Save game too big to upload, but I'd imagine you could reproduce this by declaring war on Britain and getting all your troops killed.

Seems to be like this for me too. Soldier growth seems severly stunted for the US.

Yea im having a issue with my brigade limit. I can field only 10.

The UK also seems to love to add Mexico to its sphere early in the game. Makes it impossible to take the american Southwest from Mexico. Because the UK alone can field 90K men on your border by 1840. And thanks to manfest destiny you are deep in the negatives SOI wise with mexico...and the UK has huge amounts of diplo-power to just keep banning you when you try to dig yourself out of that SOI debt.

Yea im having a issue with my brigade limit. I can field only 10.

The UK also seems to love to add Mexico to its sphere early in the game. Makes it impossible to take the american Southwest from Mexico. Because the UK alone can field 90K men on your border by 1840. And thanks to manfest destiny you are deep in the negatives SOI wise with mexico...and the UK has huge amounts of diplo-power to just keep banning you when you try to dig yourself out of that SOI debt.

Having exactly the same problem. USA needs more soldiers :D.

Code:
promote_to =
{
    farmers = { #and labourers
        factor = 0.01
        modifier = {
            factor = 5.0
            not = { military_spending = 0.5 }
        }
    }

soldiers.txt.

Here is your reason. 0.5 seems a bit high to me, but hey.

Max out poor taxes and put your military spending at 60% or better. Add NF's if necessary. Employ a bit of patience.

edit - My mistake. You're playing as New England. You're on your own.

You can always encourage soldiers via NFs ;)

If you're playing the US, yes. But what if you want 'em as a rival? I already grabbed New York and New Jersey, and at the rate it's going I'll be conquering another state every 8 years.

If you're playing the US, yes. But what if you want 'em as a rival? I already grabbed New York and New Jersey, and at the rate it's going I'll be conquering another state every 8 years.

Bad luck for the US i guess :p Maybe they should rework the AI handling NFs so they actually encourage whatever they need most. Having no soldiers should definitely fall under "needed most"

Bad luck for the US i guess :p Maybe they should rework the AI handling NFs so they actually encourage whatever they need most. Having no soldiers should definitely fall under "needed most"
Yeah, but then usa doesnt get the east coast, not that it ever does anyway.

For me at the start I can only field 14 brigades as the U.S. That's fine for the start because all I do is get the last remaining colonizing out of the way, and the only brigades I use for that are the dragoons to help speed them along. I move the other ones to the border with mexico in 3 divisions. After the colonizing, I would make one NF for soldiers in New York, and Crafts in Pennsylvania. The reason for the craftsmen in that state is to get more in the factory there, then I'd move that NF to another state that needs craftsmen and so on. New York for soldiers because I believe it's one of the most populated states and more immigrants populate there first (not sure if that's accurate).

Anyway, I'll start up a new campaign and try that out and make sure it works to gain more soldier pops. I have not tried it yet, only theorized, so we'll see what happens.

I will certainly try that Al. Sounds better because you are actually attracting new people to the state instead of trying to promote within the state. Makes sense, I'll try that out.

I'm not getting much promotion of anything - clergy, bureaucrats, or soldiers - as the US. The only exception is the colony I have my promote bureaucrats NF in.

I'm not getting much promotion of anything - clergy, bureaucrats, or soldiers - as the US. The only exception is the colony I have my promote bureaucrats NF in.

That's cause the US is so damned big, but the NFs are limited. In smaller countries, the NFs are very damned effectice in terms of getting particular percentages of POPs.

I will agree with this I have had a NF of soldiers in New York for 10 years and gotten 0 more brigades while playing the US this game. I have also jacked up my taxes on the poor to over 60% and max funded my military and this hasn't helped. Whatever they did to the US so that of my 7 million population only 42,000 people want to be soldiers needs to be corrected. My capitalists are going nuts and building all sorts of crap but if I get into a war I am going to get creamed. Most ridiculous thing ever!