• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tommy4ever

Papa Bear
43 Badges
Sep 13, 2008
  • Rome Gold
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Diplomacy
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
Explain.

Civilization V had Babylon as free downloadable content (for some editions at least), so it was not "part of the game", but was available for free for those that wanted it. Vicky 2 is copying that idea, Babylon obviously wasn't appropiate enough to include in core Civ V, and obviously not appropiate to include in core Vicky 2, but as DLC you can always have it :D

Babylon obviously wasn't appropiate enough to include in core Civ V, and obviously not appropiate to include in core Vicky 2, but as DLC you can always have it :D

Babylon Has been in every CIV since the first. They aren't adding content for pay they are restoring content for pay. That seems opportunistic and low to some of their customers it seems.

Personally, I won't be getting CIV5 because I will not deal with online verification schemes as I have a temperamental internet connection and don't think it's fair to not be able to play just because my ISP sucks at being an ISP.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Babylon Has been in every CIV since the first. They aren't adding content for pay they are restoring content for pay. That seems opportunistic and low to some of their customers it seems.

Personally, I won't be getting CIV5 because I will not deal with online verification schemes as I have a temperamental internet connection and don't think it's fair to not be able to play just because my ISP sucks at being an ISP.

That's actually not true. You have to be online the first time you run the game and register it. After that is finished you can play it off-line

You can remember Fallout 3 were you can get good ending and continue exploring world only after buying DLC. Nobody liked original ending.

As for Babylon... Do I understand correctly that only player can create it (and Byzantine) if he crazy enough? AI won't do it?

But to think of it... Germany and Italy were considered just geographical (and unstable) things at the time. Core Russian provinces include places were it's hard to find Slav but nobody cares. So in case some state takes Babylon lands... Why not call themselves as such? It's a time of nation forming!

Please stick to the topic at hand, folks: Victoria 2. Thanks.