• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(227442)

Recruit
1 Badges
Sep 18, 2010
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
Since the very first EU, my favorite way to play Paradox's excellent games is insane, aggressive, no-quarter, bloody WC. I have my real life to be sensible, kind, and realistic. I want all-out world domination in a game. It seems that this is no longer possible in V2 because of the eventual loss of jingoism as you absorb nations, and the meager jingoism gain during a war.

In my current game, my first real V2 attempt after two false starts, I tried the 'easy' route: WC as Britain. I started out by annexing Burma and Indochina, recruiting heavily from there and India to eventually annex China around 1841. While I mopped up the unciv's in the Himalayas and the Kush, I ferried troops across the Pacific to Canada from where my next stop was mounting an invasion of the USA.

I had to fight three wars with America to get them down to just Washington....My first real slowdown was the lack of Diplo points. But with my tech I could at least add an 'aquire state' war goal every 2-3 months.

Fast forward to 1865. My economy's humming. Minor rebel annoyances, nothing like the complaints I've heard about on these boards. Population is mostly conservative. Have a 2k brigade army. Have the US, Mexico, USCA, most of the Ottoman empire, every unciv in the world (except Sokoto), and South African minors annexed, I have improved diplo techs now, but now my problem is that jingoism hovers around 5-7. I'm fighting Russia now. I'm slaying them. Haven't lost a battle. Their casualty rate is about 5 times mine in battles. Have half the nation under my control, the other half blanketed by occupation forces. But jingoism still creeps up at 0.01 per day. I add an 'aquire state' goal, jingoism tanks to roughly 5.4, need to wait 6 more months to get it up to 7 to add another war goal?!? At this rate, it appears the only way to WC might be by playing Russia, and even then it seems unlikely because England has about as many regions starting out. And oh boy, you want frustration, realize you're going to have to wait 6 months just to add some dinky one-province region. :wacko:

I've seen some pointers on here: Call elections, make the pro-jingoism choices. When your population is 321 Million, adding 30% jingoism in one province isn't going to budge anything. Manually mod after adding each war goal is too much of a pain.

Can anyone provide any help? Am I missing something obvious?

(By the way, I'm not looking for a cheat, I could write my own event. I'm trying to beat the game on it's own terms...of course asking for help here might be violating that principle...;)

Last edited:
Since the very first EU, my favorite way to play Paradox's excellent games is insane, aggressive, no-quarter, bloody WC. I have my real life to be sensible, kind, and realistic. I want all-out world domination in a game. It seems that this is no longer possible in V2 because of the eventual loss of jingoism as you absorb nations, and the meager jingoism gain during a war.

In my current game, my first real V2 attempt after two false starts, I tried the 'easy' route: WC as Britain. I started out by annexing Burma and Indochina, recruiting heavily from there and India to eventually annex China around 1841. While I mopped up the unciv's in the Himalayas and the Kush, I ferried troops across the Pacific to Canada from where my next stop was mounting an invasion of the USA.

I had to fight three wars with America to get them down to just Washington....My first real slowdown was the lack of Diplo points. But with my tech I could at least add an 'aquire state' war goal every 2-3 months.

Fast forward to 1865. My economy's humming. Minor rebel annoyances, nothing like the complaints I've heard about on these boards. Population is mostly conservative. Have a 2k brigade army. Have the US, Mexico, USCA, most of the Ottoman empire, every unciv in the world (except Sokoto), and South African minors annexed, I have improved diplo techs now, but now my problem is that jingoism hovers around 5-7. I'm fighting Russia now. I'm slaying them. Haven't lost a battle. Their casualty rate is about 5 times mine in battles. Have half the nation under my control, the other half blanketed by occupation forces. But jingoism still creeps up at 0.01 per day. I add an 'aquire state' goal, jingoism tanks to roughly 5.4, need to wait 6 more months to get it up to 7 to add another war goal?!? At this rate, it appears the only way to WC might be by playing Russia, and even then it seems unlikely because England has about as many regions starting out. And oh boy, you want frustration, realize you're going to have to wait 6 months just to add some dinky one-province region. :wacko:

I've seen some pointers on here: Call elections, make the pro-jingoism choices. When your population is 321 Million, adding 30% jingoism in one province isn't going to budge anything. Manually mod after adding each war goal is too much of a pain.

Can anyone provide any help? Am I missing something obvious?

(By the way, I'm not looking for a cheat, I could write my own event. I'm trying to beat the game on it's own terms...of course asking for help here might be violating that principle...;)

I'm very impressed! I like to do the world dominance root too, but I've never been this aggressive! Go for it!

Don't want to sink Paradox, but there are plenty of good games created for WC. It's not so challenging therefore (as you do what's intended), but in higher difficulty you get your WARRRRGH and it's enjoyable. For example, Supreme Ruler - game published by P-x - is more about it. Or great game Rise of Nations. Or even Civilization. Using V2 this game is artificial challenge like "Run this game in 15 minutes" or "Complete FPS game without killing anyone".

Last I played jingoism was insignificant. Just get a high enough war score, and you will be able to add your war goals.

well, if you're planning on doing a WC, I suppose nothing is stopping you from getting as many wargoals as you can with your jingoism, getting them in a peace, and immediately breaking a truce, since I don't think infamy is really factoring into your plans here :p