+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bugged Techs

Commander: Conquest of the AmericasEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Bugged Techs

Using the DeI for HTTT, inone game my stability investments only added to the cap, so it was not giving me any stability gains at all.

So I resigned, and reloaded and same issue.

Figured I'd try a different country, did it as England this time. This time, it was the trade tech. Instead of adding to the cap, it actually subtracted from my invested amount, and actually said I'd gain the next level in 1297, however that is possible.

Are you sure that the amount of investment you were losing was equal to the amount you were spending from the budget? Nothing like this ever happened before, are you sure that you have the latest beta patch? I've heard on the polish forum that when sometimes things get messed it helps to delete the DeI folder, get the latest patch (even if one has already done it) and install DeI once again.

Also note, that DeI has some nasty modifiiers from various events or ruler types that add minus values to some investments (for example, "bloodthirsty tyrant" ruler modifier steals a lot from stability investment making it sometime impossible to reach next level even if investing all the money you have). So make sure you have no such modifier.

Commander: Conquest of the AmericasEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi

I don't have a screen, but literally it would add to the amount needed to reach the next stability level. IE, it would say I invested 8.4 into stability each month, and the next month the total needed to reach the next stability level would increase by 8.4.

It was saying it would take over 150 years to gain one stability level.

The trade tech was the opposite. It would subtract from what I had invested every month, and was telling me that even though I had -200/5000 towards next trade tech, that I would reach the next level 100 years before the game started.

Strange indeed. I've played several campaigns on this version and nothing like this ever happened.
    Has it happened only in these two games you mentioned, or is it a rule for every game? As I said, try deleting DeI folder (copying the save games before somewhere else if you prefer so), installing latest beta patch 4.1f, and then maybe use this download link for DeI:
    http://wrzucacz.pl/file/9701283857198

I only played 2 games, and since both were bugged I gave up and posted here. Figured it too "random" of a coincidence to be a coincidence.

I've deleted and re-installed, but haven't had time/desire to restart a game with this mod yet. Maybe sometime this week if I find time, or next weekend since that is normally when I have time to play.

+ Reply to Thread