+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Vassal benefits to their overlord

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by mate0815 View Post
    whats about with a triggered_modifier which has the "is_subject=yes" trigger inside for make the benefits work. only an idea...
    The problem is that modifiers can't include scope-changes so there's no way to communicate from the vassal to the overlord.
    Unfortunately once a vassal/union ends there's no easy way to contact the former overlord to adjust the variable either (although we can clear the no longer valid flag with an event that fires if a country that is not a vassal/junior has it).
    It's probably possible to 'brute force' it with either a huge number of flags or with a 'polling' event that refreshes the variable periodically but that might be too much effort for a small benefit.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

Ruler of the Queen's Navee George LeS's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

How in the world did I miss this? I've got to incorporate it in my own games.

Thanks, very much.
    'Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing--absolutely nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.' -- the Water Rat

GRIN Mod--Historical leaders mods: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...46994-GRIN-Mod

Rex Maris--SRI-based naval and exploration mod. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...4#post11451354

I was wondering if I would be able to incorporate this into my vanilla game of EU3 Chronicles? I've only owned the game for about 4 weeks now and never had modded the game before. I was interested in getting the Magna Mundi mod's but unfortunately my friend told me that neither MMP2 or MMU was compatible with my game.

If it's possible, how do I go about 'installing' this?

EDIT: Ok I saw the download links, my bad. I was in a rush before and had a quick read of the OP but somehow missed it :P
    Last edited by Oxea; 29-09-2011 at 11:10.
    Regards,
    Fylkja Ingfrid I 'the Hunter' (Ingfrid Shokshasdottir of House Ivaring)
    Empress of Scandinavia,
    Queen of Svitjod,
    High Chieftess of Svitjod,
    High Chieftess of Bergslagen,
    Daughter of Fylkja Freyja I 'the Great',
    Granddaugther of Fylkir Ivar I 'the Boneless',
    Great Granddaughter of Ragnarr Lođbrók.

A true professional is someone who can do their best at a time when they don't particularly feel like it”- Alistair Cooke

Quote Originally Posted by jdrou View Post
    Absolutely. Any mods are free to use this.
    I just found this and plan on adding it to RTG.

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

New version compatible with 5.2 beta patches.
    Includes changes the beta made to triggered_modifiers.txt and reduces the manpower bonus by 5x to match the manpower reduction done in the May beta.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

just a question by someone, who has very limited modding experience with EU3 DW
    - What would AI do with this Mod?

Edit: recognized that EU3_:_DW includes a smiley when posted xD - see: EU3W

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Simply click the "Disable smilies in text" option when making an Advanced post - EU3:DW. :)
    Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Ancestor Moth scribe for CK 2: Elder Kings - can you rival Tiber Septim's power?
    Burgundy: A Dream of Lotharingia (a Death & Taxes AAR - in torpor)
    The Three Certainties of Life (a Byzantine D&T AAR - updated 19.02.14)

Quote Originally Posted by ben_mit_b View Post
    just a question by someone, who has very limited modding experience with EU3 DW
    - What would AI do with this Mod?
    AI doesn't need anything new to make use of it if that's what you mean.
    The additional manpower would presumably affect some of its decisions while at war (may be included in War Capacity for example).
    AI is probably not smart enough to consider the effects of the modifier before it actually has it though so it wouldn't affect its decision to go to war.

Playing EU4

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by jdrou View Post
    Absolutely. Any mods are free to use this.
    Thanks *integrated into D&T*
    MEIOU and Taxes for EUIV - Download Now!
    Development Diary | Wiki | Release announcement | Facebook
    'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except Death MEIOU and Taxes' -Benjamin Franklin
    Death and Taxes - an EUIII DW mod
    'Is this version save game compatible?' -Everyone

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2