+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vassal benefits to their overlord

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Vassal benefits to their overlord

Something I have wanted since EU3 was released (which EU2 had) was for vassals to contribute militarily to their overlord even if they were not actively allied (or just not involved in the current war) similar to what the HRE Emperor gets from member states. In later patches of EU2 the overlord could get manpower for each vassal they had. Not sure if any mods currently do anything like this but I recently realized that with the 'overlord' scope introduced Napoleon's Ambition and the 'variable' effects and trigger added in In Nomine this was actually possible. Here's what I've done so far; it seems to be working correctly in my limited testing.
    Two events to activate and deactivate the bonus:
    Code:
    country_event = {
    	id = 102130

title = "EVTNAME102130"
    	desc = "EVTDESC102130"

trigger = {
    		overlord = { war = yes }
    		war = no
    		NOT = { has_country_flag = supporting_overlord }
    	}

mean_time_to_happen = {
    		days = 10
    	}

option = {
    		name = "OK"
    		set_country_flag = supporting_overlord
    		overlord = {
    			change_variable = {
    				which = vassal_supporters
    				value = 1
    			}
    		}
    	}
    }
    country_event = {
    	id = 102131

title = "EVTNAME102131"
    	desc = "EVTDESC102131"

trigger = {
    		war = no
    		check_variable = {
    			which = "vassal_supporters"
    			value = 1
    		}
    	}

mean_time_to_happen = {
    		days = 10
    	}

option = {
    		name = "OK"
    		set_variable = {
    			value = 0
    		}
    		any_country = {
    			limit = {
    				OR = {
    					vassal_of = THIS
    					junior_union_with = THIS
    				}
    				has_country_flag = supporting_overlord
    			}
    			clr_country_flag = supporting_overlord
    		}
    	}
    }
    EVTNAME102130;Vassal Support for Our Overlord;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    EVTDESC102130;Our overlord has requested our support in their current war.;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    EVTNAME102131;Vassal Support Ends;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    EVTDESC102131;With the war over our vassals have ended their military support.;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Triggered_modifiers.txt:
    Code:
    vassal_support1 = {
    	trigger = {
    		check_variable = {
    			value = 1
    		}
    	}
    	land_forcelimit = 1  # applied before % modifiers
    	global_manpower = 1
    }
    vassal_support2 = {
    	trigger = {
    		check_variable = {
    			value = 2
    		}
    	}
    	global_manpower = 1
    }
    and more modifiers for each number of vassals contributing. I plan to change these so that only only one modifier will be active at a time to reduce clutter. (I don't usually bother doing localisation for modifiers if the name is self-descriptive.)

This setup gives the bonuses only if the overlord is at war and only when the vassal is not so it doesn't support a larger permanent army like the HRE gets and doesn't give you an extra bonus when you already have the indirect use of the vassal's whole army.

Several interesting variations can be done on this:
    It could be a decision for the overlord instead of automatic.
    It could cause a relations drop with the vassals being forced to contribute.
    The contribution could be made optional by the vassal with some consequences if they refuse.
    It could give the overlord actual units instead of just a manpower bonus.

EDIT: packaged as a mini-mod
    EDIT2: new version compatible with DW 5.1
    EDIT3: new version compatible with 5.2
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jdrou; 04-07-2012 at 03:14. Reason: new version for Divine Wind 5.2
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSword of the StarsVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by jdrou View Post
    Something I have wanted since EU3 was released (which EU2 had) was for vassals to contribute militarily to their overlord even if they were not actively allied (or just not involved in the current war) similar to what the HRE Emperor gets from member states. In later patches of EU2 the overlord could get manpower for each vassal they had. Not sure if any mods currently do anything like this but I recently realized that with the 'overlord' scope introduced Napoleon's Ambition and the 'variable' effects and trigger added in In Nomine this was actually possible. Here's what I've done so far; it seems to be working correctly in my limited testing.
    Two events to activate and deactivate the bonus:
    Code:
    country_event = {
    	id = 102130

title = "EVTNAME102130"
    	desc = "EVTDESC102130"

trigger = {
    		overlord = { war = yes }
    		war = no
    		NOT = { has_country_flag = supporting_overlord }
    	}

mean_time_to_happen = {
    		days = 10
    	}

option = {
    		name = "OK"
    		set_country_flag = supporting_overlord
    		overlord = {
    			change_variable = {
    				value = 1
    			}
    		}
    	}
    }
    country_event = {
    	id = 102131

title = "EVTNAME102131"
    	desc = "EVTDESC102131"

trigger = {
    		war = no
    		check_variable = {
    			value = 1
    		}
    	}

mean_time_to_happen = {
    		days = 10
    	}

option = {
    		name = "OK"
    		set_variable = {
    			value = 0
    		}
    		any_country = {
    			limit = {
    				vassal_of = THIS
    				has_country_flag = supporting_overlord
    			}
    			clr_country_flag = supporting_overlord
    		}
    	}
    }
    EVTNAME102130;Vassal Support for Our Overlord;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    EVTDESC102130;Our overlord has requested our support in their current war.;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    EVTNAME102131;Vassal Support Ends;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    EVTDESC102131;With the war over our vassals have ended their military support.;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Triggered_modifiers.txt:
    Code:
    vassal_support1 = {
    	trigger = {
    		check_variable = {
    			value = 1
    		}
    	}
    	global_manpower = 1
    }
    vassal_support2 = {
    	trigger = {
    		check_variable = {
    			value = 2
    		}
    	}
    	global_manpower = 1
    }
    and more modifiers for each number of vassals contributing. I plan to change these so that only only one modifier will be active at a time to reduce clutter. (I don't usually bother doing localisation for modifiers if the name is self-descriptive.)

This setup gives the bonuses only if the overlord is at war and only when the vassal is not so it doesn't support a larger permanent army like the HRE gets and doesn't give you an extra bonus when you already have the indirect use of the vassal's whole army.

Several interesting variations can be done on this:
    It could be a decision for the overlord instead of automatic.
    It could cause a relations drop with the vassals being forced to contribute.
    The contribution could be made optional by the vassal with some consequences if they refuse.
    It could give the overlord actual units instead of just a manpower bonus.
    Hey, this seems great. It would be an honour, if I may use it in my mod .

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Absolutely. Any mods are free to use this.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)

Actually, vanilla could use some more events between vassals and their suzerain. Right now the relationships seem to stagnate. I might incorporate some flavor events like this into my personal mod too.
    Europa Universalis 3 Player
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated versions of triggered modifiers:
    Code:
    vassal_support1 = {
    	trigger = {
    		check_variable = { which = "vassal_supporters" value = 1 }
    		NOT = { check_variable = { which = "vassal_supporters" value = 2 } }
    		}
    	}
    	global_manpower = 1
    }
    vassal_support2 = {
    	trigger = {
    		check_variable = { which = "vassal_supporters" value = 2 }
    		NOT = { check_variable = { which = "vassal_supporters" value = 3 } }
    	}
    	land_forcelimit = 2  # applied before % modifiers
    	global_manpower = 2
    }
    #. . .
    vassal_support10 = {
    	trigger = {
    		check_variable = { which = "vassal_supporters" value = 10 }
    	}
    	land_forcelimit = 10  # applied before % modifiers
    	global_manpower = 10
    }
    I have left the effect capped at 10 vassals so far.
    Note that this will also inadvertantly include junior partners of personal unions the first time around and then never again since the flag doesn't get cleared for them; I'll probably leave the effect in and just fix the flag-clearing.

Playing EU4

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteMagickaEuropa Universalis: Rome500k club

Great job! Never thought about this before.. Thanks! this gives me some good ideas
    My modding stuff:
    Wave's modding guide:
    a tutorial for adding countries to EU: Rome, works with EU3 too!
    Wave's modding guide #2: Understanding and creating events

Ongoing AARs:
    Letters from wAAR - An experimental Rome AAR with Epigoni Mod
    Winner of the Best character writer of the week award 1/6/12
    This is SPARTA! Can the world be dominated by squads of 300 men swinging spears and crying the name of their home country?

Legions of Rome! RISE and show them all our might!

Updated code in first post to clear flag in personal union junior partners.

Playing EU4

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    83 games registered

Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Well, well... this is just in the scope of my 20 000 blue coins contest

It's a really nice feature, i could include in MEIOU if you accept.
    Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual
    If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...

Europa Universalis IV
    MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<<

M&T Subforum | M&T en Français | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3
    Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp.
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication
    Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club !

Quote Originally Posted by gigau View Post
    It's a really nice feature, i could include in MEIOU if you accept.
    Certainly; anyone is free to use it. Don't overlook the suggestions I made for variations; given the basic framework most of those are very easy to add.

Playing EU4

Quote Originally Posted by gigau View Post
    Well, well... this is just in the scope of my 20 000 blue coins contest
    I had completely forgotten about that. Maybe I'll package the files up with localisation for the triggered modifiers and some of the optonal variations added.

Playing EU4

83 games registered

Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    I had completely forgotten about that. [...]
    *starts crying*

Why don't anyone want my blue coins ?

Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual
    If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...

Europa Universalis IV
    MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<<

M&T Subforum | M&T en Français | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop

Sorry. I only created this now because I suddenly realised it was possible. Kind of embarrassing considering how much time I've spent looking at the triggers/scopes/effects on the wiki.

Playing EU4

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    Hehehe, happens to me every now and then

Europa Universalis IV

I want to add this, but i dont where to put what

Packaged as a mod and attached to first post. Extract to the game's mod folder and select in the launcher.

Playing EU4

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I was doing something similar for my mod, I'll include this one instead and modify it a bit, if that's okay.
    1914-1964 - the Ultimate Strategy Game

Quote Originally Posted by tuore View Post
    I was doing something similar for my mod, I'll include this one instead and modify it a bit, if that's okay.
    Sure, go ahead.

Playing EU4

Uploaded new version compatible with Divine Wind (latest beta patches). Differences are no forcelimit effect since DW includes that already and the manpower boost will be triggered by horde wars as well as normal wars.

Playing EU4

Just found another issue with the logic: if a country receiving benefits from a vassal or union partner loses that vassal or union partner he will continue receiving the benefits until the war ends. Not sure yet if there's a way to fix that. Also the former vassal/junior will continue to have the support flag which could cause problems later but that's easy to fix.

Playing EU4

200k clubCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    East India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Just found another issue with the logic: if a country receiving benefits from a vassal or union partner loses that vassal or union partner he will continue receiving the benefits until the war ends. Not sure yet if there's a way to fix that.
    whats about with a triggered_modifier which has the "is_subject=yes" trigger inside for make the benefits work. only an idea...
    EU4-MOD:
    HaREM: Heirs and Rulers Education Mod (English & German)

Deutsch statt Paradoxisch?
    -> Besseres Deutsch für EU IV: Community-Deutschkorrektur
    -> Besseres Deutsch für EUIII (inkl. Erweiterungen): Deutsch_0.4, Deutsch_IN_v3.00, Deutsch_HttT_v4.10 oder Deutsch_DW_v5.17
    -> Besseres Deutsch für EU:ROME und EU:R Vae Victis / ROME:Gold: EUR_deutsch_v1.1 oder EUR_deutsch_v2.34
    -> Besseres Deutsch für Victoria II: VIC2_DeutschKorrektur v0.16, AHD_DeutschKorrektur v2.05 und HoD_DeutschKorrektur v3.02
    -> Besseres Deutsch für Sengoku: Sengoku_DeutschKorrektur v0.30

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast