• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Also you should add local wars like Arab–Israeli wars, Iran-Iraq war, Falklands war...

And i hope that you will make the political scene in country that there are political parties,different ideologies, needs of people and so

As a bridge between the WWII simulations on SR2010/2020 this looks promising enough.

Still one question: though the UN and the NAM will play a role, would there be the possibility to form political/economical supranational entries like the EC/EU, outside of the historical scope (for instance, that the countries that nowadays form the OAU create an economical union like the EU)?

also you should add local wars like arab–israeli wars, iran-iraq war, falklands war...

And i hope that you will make the political scene in country that there are political parties,different ideologies, needs of people and so

x2!

Just replying to say that 1) It's great you post dev diaries 2) It's even better you stick around after them like PI does
For me that increases the odds I pre-order the game. :D I get the feeling I know exactly what I'm going to buy.

Political elements (political parties / leaders with political leanings) take a much greater role in Supreme Ruler: Cold War, that's definitely an area we're going to be expanding on.

The EC/EU (or similar organizations) is a tougher call; certainly the EU didn't reach "full power" until after the Cold War was over; for most Cold War events the EC/EU is a footnote if anything. So I'm not sure how much game design effort we should put in for this sort of entity.

Just replying to say that 1) It's great you post dev diaries 2) It's even better you stick around after them like PI does
For me that increases the odds I pre-order the game. :D I get the feeling I know exactly what I'm going to buy.

There was a proposal of a European joint defense pact in the early 50s, but France dropped out and the project crashed. But there should be the possibility.

Political elements (political parties / leaders with political leanings) take a much greater role in Supreme Ruler: Cold War, that's definitely an area we're going to be expanding on.

The EC/EU (or similar organizations) is a tougher call; certainly the EU didn't reach "full power" until after the Cold War was over; for most Cold War events the EC/EU is a footnote if anything. So I'm not sure how much game design effort we should put in for this sort of entity.

I agree. If your time can either be spent getting NATO and the Warsaw Pact right, or modelling the EU, choose the former. EU really wasn't that relevant in this era.

An end date would be the wrong way to go on the sandbox play.For scenarios fine.But sandbox should be up to the players on when the cold war ends.Just like its up to us on who wins.

Meh, the game will be unplayably slow with a zillion units on the map by 1960 anyway.

We have not listed an end date and have not determined if/what it will be. There are other developments related to improving game speed/late game performance as well as data compatiblity with pre-existing (current era) data. As these developments play out we'll announce their effects.

We have not listed an end date and have not determined if/what it will be. There are other developments related to improving game speed/late game performance as well as data compatiblity with pre-existing (current era) data. As these developments play out we'll announce their effects.

Cool. I'm really starting to look forward to this now. Thanks for coming here and answering our questions.

It would be useful to make it possible to upgrade existing units to next level , for example M60 to M60A1 or M60A3, this will reduce the number of units and you will be able improve your army and put the factorys into operation without building new units

Uh. The wallpaper with the map attached to the dev diary? Why does it show a map that includes Kazahkstan? Outdated world maps are plentiful enough to have one of a united soviet union...

Uh. The wallpaper with the map attached to the dev diary? Why does it show a map that includes Kazahkstan? Outdated world maps are plentiful enough to have one of a united soviet union...

It's alpha/pre-alpha concept material, give them time to do some actual production.