+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Crime Mod

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaRome GoldVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

The Crime Mod

The Crime Mod
    DOWNLOAD VERSION 1.0: Rapidshare | Strategy Informer

This is a very small and self-explanatory modification: it's a mod that adds more crimes.
    Code:
    Crime:
    effects (conditions)

Prostitution: 
    -RGO output, -CON

Outlaws: 
    -rich income, -middle income (colonial only)

Trusts:
    +rich income -middle income, -poor income (factory, non-colonial provinces, Anti-Trust Law is not invented)

Murders: 
    +CON

Piracy: 
    -RGO output, -factory output (coastal and colonial only)

Cattle Raiders: 
    -RGO output (livestock and wool only)

Confidence Tricksters: 
    -rich income, -middle income (low literacy only)

Quackery: 
    -growth (low literacy only)

Truck Systems:
    -poor income (colonial only)

Illegal Gambling:
    -throughput, -RGO outptut, -CON

Bureaucratic Corruption:
    +MIL

Judicial Corruption:
    +MIL, +CON

Ballot Stuffing:
    +50% voters, +5% random votes (no secret ballots or lower)

Vigilantes:
    -CON, -growth (4 avg MIL)
    Other changes
    • Renames Mafia to Organized Crime
    • Vote-related crime only appears if reforms allow it

Installation and Compatibility
    Backup the txt, gfx and dds files altered by this mod, then extract the zip into your V2 base folder, or use JSGME to install [recommended]. Delete the files to uninstall manually.

Compatible with anything that does not alter crime too drastically. The UI (.gfx) files may clash with mods such PDM that add resource sprites. To fix, open the gfx files in the conflicting mod, search for the "crime" values and change their noOfFrames from 9 to 23

Known issues
    Some of the original crimes are not supposed to appear until an invention is discovered, but do so from the start anyway: Anarchic Bomb Throwers, Citizen Guards and Terrorist Cells. I have reported this as a bug, and tried adding those inventions as triggers in crime.txt, but am not sure if that has fixed it.

Credits
    http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...olver_icon.svg
    http://www.fatcow.com/free-icons/

Suggestions are welcome for: more crimes, better effects for crimes, and better graphics (I am NOT a graphics artist! )
    Last edited by chann; 29-09-2010 at 06:51.
    Victoria II unofficial fix pack for 1.2 (last update 2010-12-23)
    Dominion: British Imperial Relations v 1.3 (2010-11-01)
    Australia/New Zealand Improvement Mod (WIP, mate)

1 Labourer has been promoted to Bureaucrat this month

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMajesty II CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRise of Prussia
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Hello, I see that you used income modifier effects for some of your crimes. Did you test them to see if they had any effect?

So far, my impression is that those modifier effects do nothing at all...
    Imperium 1.4 (Mod for Victoria II)

Austria: efficient like the Germans, musical like the Italians and refined like the French.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrelvis View Post
    Hello, I see that you used income modifier effects for some of your crimes. Did you test them to see if they had any effect?

So far, my impression is that those modifier effects do nothing at all...
    I only went as far as checking that the effect would show up in the tool-tip. Your impression may be right, they don't show up as income modifiers on the POP screen.

Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRise of Prussia

Quote Originally Posted by chann View Post
    I only went as far as checking that the effect would show up in the tool-tip. Your impression may be right, they don't show up as income modifiers on the POP screen.
    Aye, they don't. And when I tried giving the POPs -100% income modifier for all three classes, they continued earning their living as normal.

Austria: efficient like the Germans, musical like the Italians and refined like the French.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrelvis View Post
    Aye, they don't. And when I tried giving the POPs -100% income modifier for all three classes, they continued earning their living as normal.
    You know what that means... a second release, of an underrated classic! Coming Soon. I'll probably just change the negative income modifiers to extra pop needs if that works.

Quote Originally Posted by chann View Post
    You know what that means... a second release, of an underrated classic! Coming Soon. I'll probably just change the negative income modifiers to extra pop needs if that works.
    Hehe

One idea is to replace them with reduction to local RGO/Factory/Artisan outputs.

+ Reply to Thread