• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(133691)

Corporal
9 Badges
Feb 2, 2009
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Iron Cross
  • Majesty 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
Well, after having played CORE a couple of times on 1.03 and 1.04 I am hooked.

Now that 1.05 is out I have gone back to vanilla AOD but I got severe withdrawal symptoms.
I have gotten so used to the research and ship building times that it looks like I can no longer live without the CORE mod.

Any news from the CORE team on the new version? :D

Thanks in advance!!

We started work on a 1.05 compliant 0.5.0 version last week. :)

Super, then I will jump back on the Core wagon :)

@Hagar tell the AoD team to create a mod loader for next patch version.

I use the Generic Mod enabler it works well enough.

Yes, well if that means it will be hurried like the launch of IC then I would rather wait a few weeks more. ;)

On a sidenote; would it not be great if we could have AOD with CORE, SKIFF and the E3 map? Now THAT would be a product I would happily pay for!
And more than 10 euros.

Tegethoff is working on the 1.05 version of CORE for AOD this weekend - we don't rush things, we much prefer them to work before we release them to the world - or at least, work as we were expecting until some happy player points out a bug to us !

Tim

Tegethoff is working on the 1.05 version of CORE for AOD this weekend - we don't rush things, we much prefer them to work before we release them to the world - or at least, work as we were expecting until some happy player points out a bug to us !

Tim

Good point :)

Hows things going so far? I haven't actually played with CORE yet but im looking forward to trying it out on AOD 1.05.

Tuscan said:
Hows things going so far? I haven't actually played with CORE yet but im looking forward to trying it out on AOD 1.05.

no idea and i'm no CORE dev. but if everybody works like Hagar (that guy works like a dog, EVERY DAY, and very accurate) - this will be very good (at least graphically).
and that was an understatement.

no idea and i'm no CORE dev. but if everybody works like Hagar (that guy works like a dog, EVERY DAY, and very accurate) - this will be very good (at least graphically).
and that was an understatement.
Well you're not doing bad yourself either. ;) Anyway, in part it depends on the scope we want to cover for 0.5.0 - just a migration or more than that. Though we actually haven't discussed it in detail I think it's a migration including economic balancing, i.e. somewhat more than we did for the first run.

AUI stalling is always a priority. And the AUX madness the result of BL-Logic actually fixing bugs... :rolleyes: We use the nuclear submarine slot as of now, which now actually work as submarines for once. So that one needs to be moved to another model type.

On a sidenote; would it not be great if we could have AOD with CORE, SKIFF and the E3 map?
Besides the migration to AoD, are there plans for the migration to the E3 map? Since rebalancing for a new map would be doubling the work, this would be a nice to have for the next version.

Besides the migration to AoD, are there plans for the migration to the E3 map? Since rebalancing for a new map would be doubling the work, this would be a nice to have for the next version.
We have discussed it, but for several reasons decided against it. In the current setting the time involved is better spent elsewhere...

We have discussed it, but for several reasons decided against it. In the current setting the time involved is better spent elsewhere...
To bad, so I will stay torn apart between the great E3 map and the perfect tech tree, AI, events and settings of CORE. :(

I feel the same. But I understand Hagar as well; the incredible amount of man-hours to convert all the CORE events to the E3 map alone would make this less of a priority.
But who knows, maybe one day.... ;)