+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: CORE and 1.05

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron IIIIron CrossMajesty 2Victoria 2

CORE and 1.05

Well, after having played CORE a couple of times on 1.03 and 1.04 I am hooked.

Now that 1.05 is out I have gone back to vanilla AOD but I got severe withdrawal symptoms.
    I have gotten so used to the research and ship building times that it looks like I can no longer live without the CORE mod.

Any news from the CORE team on the new version?

Thanks in advance!!
    "Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I love the CORE!"

East vs West developer
    CORE Minister of Propaganda
    200k clubAchtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandRise of Prussia500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

We started work on a 1.05 compliant 0.5.0 version last week.

East vs. West softcoding department

Doing my bit for the boys - CORE2 Developer & Beta tester

CORE 0.41 for Armageddon is released! Download it here
    CORE 0.62.8 Open Beta for Arsenal of Democracy is released! Download it here
    The CORE Travel Guide for AoD version 6 is released! Download it here

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete

Great news!
    Thanks Hagar, I am really looking forward to it.
    "Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I love the CORE!"

Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest Hour

So do I.

There are some very tasty triggers and command lines to use.
    Poland conquers the world - my first and only AAR - abandoned after the conquest of New Zealand, China, Japan, India, Canada and the USA due to a fatal HDD failure...

The exiled - Dutch CORE AAR

Cegorach's CORE improvement pack

CORE improvement pack for AoD

Arsenal of DemocracyFor The Glory

Super, then I will jump back on the Core wagon

@Hagar tell the AoD team to create a mod loader for next patch version.
    \,,,/ AOD \,,,/

East vs West developer
    200k clubAchtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandRise of Prussia500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkegaard View Post
    @Hagar tell the AoD team to create a mod loader for next patch version.
    You mean a mod selector EU3/HoI3 style?

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron III Collection
    Iron CrossSword of the Stars500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I use the Generic Mod enabler it works well enough.
    It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. -Voltaire

If you can't get them to salute when they should salute and wear the clothes you tell them to wear, how are you going to get them to die for their country?
    - General George Patton Jr

Arsenal of DemocracyFor The Glory

I don't play EU3/HOI3 but think so yes, like FTG and as I remember EU2
    \,,,/ AOD \,,,/

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHeir to the Throne500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
    We started work on a 1.05 compliant 0.5.0 version last week.
    Hurry!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuscan View Post
    Hurry!!
    Yes, well if that means it will be hurried like the launch of IC then I would rather wait a few weeks more.

On a sidenote; would it not be great if we could have AOD with CORE, SKIFF and the E3 map? Now THAT would be a product I would happily pay for!
    And more than 10 euros.

Achtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEast India Company Collection
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMajesty 2Victoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiMount & Blade: Warband

Tegethoff is working on the 1.05 version of CORE for AOD this weekend - we don't rush things, we much prefer them to work before we release them to the world - or at least, work as we were expecting until some happy player points out a bug to us !

Tim

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHeir to the Throne500k club

Quote Originally Posted by HistoryMan View Post
    Tegethoff is working on the 1.05 version of CORE for AOD this weekend - we don't rush things, we much prefer them to work before we release them to the world - or at least, work as we were expecting until some happy player points out a bug to us !

Tim
    Good point

Hows things going so far? I haven't actually played with CORE yet but im looking forward to trying it out on AOD 1.05.

Beltz, Mayn Shtetele Beltz bestmajor's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEast India CompanyHearts of Iron III
    Iron CrossMajesty 2Semper FiMount & Blade: WarbandRise of Prussia
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Tuscan
    Hows things going so far? I haven't actually played with CORE yet but im looking forward to trying it out on AOD 1.05.
    no idea and i'm no CORE dev. but if everybody works like Hagar (that guy works like a dog, EVERY DAY, and very accurate) - this will be very good (at least graphically).
    and that was an understatement.

East vs West developer

Quote Originally Posted by bestmajor View Post
    no idea and i'm no CORE dev. but if everybody works like Hagar (that guy works like a dog, EVERY DAY, and very accurate) - this will be very good (at least graphically).
    and that was an understatement.
    Well you're not doing bad yourself either. Anyway, in part it depends on the scope we want to cover for 0.5.0 - just a migration or more than that. Though we actually haven't discussed it in detail I think it's a migration including economic balancing, i.e. somewhat more than we did for the first run.

Well it would be good if at least the most striking balance issues were fixed - Germany AI stalling, invincible Auxialiaries madness, etc.

East vs West developer

AUI stalling is always a priority. And the AUX madness the result of BL-Logic actually fixing bugs... We use the nuclear submarine slot as of now, which now actually work as submarines for once. So that one needs to be moved to another model type.

On a sidenote; would it not be great if we could have AOD with CORE, SKIFF and the E3 map?
    Besides the migration to AoD, are there plans for the migration to the E3 map? Since rebalancing for a new map would be doubling the work, this would be a nice to have for the next version.

East vs West developer

Quote Originally Posted by datachild View Post
    Besides the migration to AoD, are there plans for the migration to the E3 map? Since rebalancing for a new map would be doubling the work, this would be a nice to have for the next version.
    We have discussed it, but for several reasons decided against it. In the current setting the time involved is better spent elsewhere...

We have discussed it, but for several reasons decided against it. In the current setting the time involved is better spent elsewhere...
    To bad, so I will stay torn apart between the great E3 map and the perfect tech tree, AI, events and settings of CORE.

I feel the same. But I understand Hagar as well; the incredible amount of man-hours to convert all the CORE events to the E3 map alone would make this less of a priority.
    But who knows, maybe one day....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast