• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What an AAR! A great finish, great focus, and I learned a lot from reading it. Those industrial scores at the end though were absolutely crazy!... Maybe it's a 1.2 thing? Either way, great read!

100K! Who needs a standing army when you can incite that many rebels! I'm glad you stuck it out until the end despite those massive rebellions..
... I'm a bit scared of upgrading to 1.2 after Brandenburg III's warnings and your 100K rebel stack :eek: Interesting that your population didn't change much ideologically... having said that, if that communist rebellion had won..

Actually, I thought the rebellion was very well-done (by Paradox) - rebellions should be rare and scary, and this was both - much better than the routine stomping of little 3K rebel stacks every year or two. While it did scare me, in hindsight I did put it down in 4 months, so it wasn't too bad. If anything, maybe they should get turned up a little higher (maybe they should get a leader or two? Or march on the capital?)

And I would definitely upgrade to 1.2 over 1.1, while it regresses in some ways the UI is much better, the SOI 'outliner' and the 'flags that show your troops when zoomed out' are both big winners.

Odd that you found the capital of Russia in Moscow in the first war, historically St. Petersburg was the capital all through the 18th and 19th centuries... did they change the capital back to Moscow when the communists took power?

Hmm, I could've sworn I remember seeing that big red dot on Moscow when I invaded the first time, but maybe I'd just had too much Jolt Cola :)....

If you feel intrigued about how that war with Italy would pan out, you can always take it to HoI3 :D

When considering whether to buy HOI3 or wait for Vicky2 I stumbled across Myth's outstanding Italy HOI3 AAR, I almost feel like I already have played Italy in HOI3 :)

Anyway, congratulations on completing this AAR!

What an AAR! A great finish, great focus, and I learned a lot from reading it. Those industrial scores at the end though were absolutely crazy!... Maybe it's a 1.2 thing? Either way, great read!

Now do a new one! :p

I enjoyed this AAR, and as with your Mexican one I've learned alot :D. I hope you make another one soon!

are you planning on writing a third AAR in future?

Thanks so much for the positive feedback, folks - much appreciated!

Re another AAR: I'm thinking about it, right now I'm thinking either Sweden or Denmark, focusing on navy/colonization.

Go with Denmark, Sweden's too easy, and as Denmark you have a few colonies to get you started.

I'd love to see you do another AAR. I'd say don't be afraid of picking a Great Power next time. I'm playing as Prussia > NGF > Germany at the moment and it's really interesting. I became almost fully democratic by 1849 (all political reforms, bar universal voting). I'm interested to see how this will affect the game, as I never really had much pressure to enact social reforms as Japan or Colombia.

Also as Prussia the SoI game is far more interesting as you need to keep certain states to form the NGF and then Germany.

On top of all that, you're in the middle of Europe and border on France, Russia and Austria, which keeps things interesting.

Congratulations on finishing a really fun AAR! It would be great to see you tackle Prussia, though you could try Sweden and avoid the obvious bits, like conquering Finland.

Great AAR. Very informative.

Denmark sounds interesting to me. A HUGE neighbour gives a real incentive to expand elsewhere.

Sorry for being late to the party again, but another great AAR. Happened to come across this when I had just finished your OE AAR and started a Persia game myself.

Thanks!