+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: The Winged Lion attempts to soar and roar - a Persian AAR

Cities in Motion 2Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteHeir to the Throne500k club

You should try loading the game as Switzerland to see how they got such a huge industrial score, relative to their size at least. Maybe just a proportion of craftsmen allowed them to build a lot of factories.

First Lieutenant Communitarian!'s Avatar
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2

What an AAR! A great finish, great focus, and I learned a lot from reading it. Those industrial scores at the end though were absolutely crazy!... Maybe it's a 1.2 thing? Either way, great read!
    Chatting with the friendly ghosts of Voltairine, Haywood, Goldman, Makhno, and Berkman.

Nationality: Cajun
    Religion: Erisian
    Ideology: Syndicalist
    Issues: Community Ownership/Full-Citizenship
    Current Work: Researching: Full-Time Employment
    Cash Reserves: 5
    Revolt Risk: i = 1
    Militancy: 8.15
    Consciousness: 9.68 (+0.50 daily)

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2
    500k club

Now do a new one! :P

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2

I enjoyed this AAR, and as with your Mexican one I've learned alot . I hope you make another one soon!

Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the Arcane

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzhang (譚張) View Post
    100K! Who needs a standing army when you can incite that many rebels! I'm glad you stuck it out until the end despite those massive rebellions..
    Quote Originally Posted by aldriq View Post
    ... I'm a bit scared of upgrading to 1.2 after Brandenburg III's warnings and your 100K rebel stack Interesting that your population didn't change much ideologically... having said that, if that communist rebellion had won..
    Actually, I thought the rebellion was very well-done (by Paradox) - rebellions should be rare and scary, and this was both - much better than the routine stomping of little 3K rebel stacks every year or two. While it did scare me, in hindsight I did put it down in 4 months, so it wasn't too bad. If anything, maybe they should get turned up a little higher (maybe they should get a leader or two? Or march on the capital?)

And I would definitely upgrade to 1.2 over 1.1, while it regresses in some ways the UI is much better, the SOI 'outliner' and the 'flags that show your troops when zoomed out' are both big winners.

Odd that you found the capital of Russia in Moscow in the first war, historically St. Petersburg was the capital all through the 18th and 19th centuries... did they change the capital back to Moscow when the communists took power?
    Hmm, I could've sworn I remember seeing that big red dot on Moscow when I invaded the first time, but maybe I'd just had too much Jolt Cola ....

If you feel intrigued about how that war with Italy would pan out, you can always take it to HoI3
    When considering whether to buy HOI3 or wait for Vicky2 I stumbled across Myth's outstanding Italy HOI3 AAR, I almost feel like I already have played Italy in HOI3

Anyway, congratulations on completing this AAR!
    Quote Originally Posted by Communitarian! View Post
    What an AAR! A great finish, great focus, and I learned a lot from reading it. Those industrial scores at the end though were absolutely crazy!... Maybe it's a 1.2 thing? Either way, great read!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lusen View Post
    Now do a new one! :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sometimes View Post
    I enjoyed this AAR, and as with your Mexican one I've learned alot . I hope you make another one soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzhang (譚張) View Post
    are you planning on writing a third AAR in future?
    Thanks so much for the positive feedback, folks - much appreciated!

Re another AAR: I'm thinking about it, right now I'm thinking either Sweden or Denmark, focusing on navy/colonization.
    Author of the CK2 Matchmaker - a tool that analyzes your save-games to help you find that perfect noble.

Author of the Victoria2 advisor - a tool that analyzes your save-games and gives you useful info.

Author of Vic2 AARs for China, Switzerland, Denmark, Persia and Mexico.
    EU3 AARs for Venice and Hungary.

Argentina Delenda Est Tanzhang (譚張)'s Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossMarch of the EaglesVictoria: Revolutions
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Refusing to Play Between Dream and Reality...
    Go with Denmark, Sweden's too easy, and as Denmark you have a few colonies to get you started.
    Loyal we Began, Loyal we Remain: A History of the British Empire After the Great War
    A New Canadian Kaiserreich AAR for Darkest Hour [KR 1.5]
    Winner of: AARland Choice Awards Q1 2014

From Eagle to Phoenix: The Rebirth of the Roman Republic
    A New Roman Republic AAR for Europa Universalis IV
    Winner of: WritAAR of the Week: 08/09/2013, Weekly AAR Showcase: 13/10/2013, Best Character Writer of the Week 01/12/2013, AARland Choice Awards: Q3/4 2013

- I was Fan of the Week: 01/01/2012 and 26/05/2013 and WritAAR of the Year: 2013 ~ Proud recipient of two Kenshin Cookies ~
    - ~ More AARs avaliable at my Inkwell! (硯臺) ~ -

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I'd love to see you do another AAR. I'd say don't be afraid of picking a Great Power next time. I'm playing as Prussia > NGF > Germany at the moment and it's really interesting. I became almost fully democratic by 1849 (all political reforms, bar universal voting). I'm interested to see how this will affect the game, as I never really had much pressure to enact social reforms as Japan or Colombia.

Also as Prussia the SoI game is far more interesting as you need to keep certain states to form the NGF and then Germany.

On top of all that, you're in the middle of Europe and border on France, Russia and Austria, which keeps things interesting.
    AAR in progress
    Yet this will go onward the same: the Yamato Destiny - Continuation of the last AAR in Victoria 2. Last updated 17th October 2012

Completed AAR
    The Yamato Destiny: A Japan HTTT AAR

Detective Lt., Police Squad Eams's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

Congratulations on finishing a really fun AAR! It would be great to see you tackle Prussia, though you could try Sweden and avoid the obvious bits, like conquering Finland.
    "Taking over the world with the USSR isn't a mission... it's just a passtime." -blue emu

o=||==Official=Poet=Lauerate=of=Suenik==||=o

Proud recipient of one phargle-O==|======-

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Blog Entries
    Great AAR. Very informative.

Denmark sounds interesting to me. A HUGE neighbour gives a real incentive to expand elsewhere.

Ask how many Divisions I have! InnocentIII's Avatar
    A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDiplomacy
    East India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Sorry for being late to the party again, but another great AAR. Happened to come across this when I had just finished your OE AAR and started a Persia game myself.

Thanks!
    I follow Paradox on Twitter and have Johan's photo on my phone for Twitter messages. I also follow the Pope. When the Pontiff tweets, I see the picture and lately I wonder "yes, but is Johan speaking ex cathedra?"
    Check out my Vicky2 AAR: Last Tango in 1.3 - An Argentine AAR Favorite Gameplay AAR, Vicky1/2 2011 (Round 3) - Completed
    Five for Fighting - A Canadian HoI3 AAR WritAAR of the Week (December 11th - December 18th, 2011) AAR Showcase Week of 6/17/12 - Completed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6