Welcome to a Perfectly Persian AAR! Why Persia, you may ask? Well,
a) it's a nice change of pace - I've never seen anybody try it.
b) it's a good solid size - it should be possible to do something with it.
c) it's in a part of the world I haven't played until now - that's always nice.
d) Devoted forum readers will know that I just finished augering Mexico into the ground in an earlier AAR - I wanted to try it again, but I hear Mexico/US/CSA will be changing a lot in the Out Any Day Now 1.2 patch, so wanted to try someplace else in the meantime.
and most of all,
e) it has the coolest national symbol in the game! A winged lion wielding a sword!
Beat that! Other countries have winged birds, or lions, but nobody, but nobody, has both!
This will largely be a gameplay/learning AAR. The former because I like gameplay AARs, and learning because I'm not very good at the game , so we can all learn together.
None - this is purely vanilla 1.1, which I hope will still work under 1.2
And with that, we're off!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- (1836-1843) Chapter 1 - opening situation, and early moves
- (1843 - 1857) Chapter 2 - Afghan adventures
- (1858 - 1866) Chapter 3: "a day which will live in fame forever"
- (1866-1869) Chapter 4: 1/3 of the way though
- (1869-1877) Chapter 5: the Lion takes a bite
- (1877-1887) Chapter 6: growing into the new role
- (1888-1899) Chapter 7: V1.2 strikes (and 3 wars)
- Chapter 8: 1900 - the state of things
- (1900-1910) Chapter 9: life in the 20th Century
- (1911-1920) Chapter 10: The Lion Feasts ... and learns
- (1921-1930) Chapter 11: Deja vu all over again
- (1931-1936) Chapter 12: The Red Menace
- Chapter 13: post-game wrapup