• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the recruitment poster - as an entry prize, will contestants recieve a pickelhaube? ;) hmn, I think 1.2's gonna kick things up a notch!

Thank you, just threw it together rather quick :)

A Pickelhaube... well, be more specific, there are quite some to choose ;)

prussgenhaube.jpg.w300h423.jpg
prusoffguardregt.jpg.w300h400.jpg

prusgarderegtem.jpg
saxartem.jpg.w300h401.jpg

Okay, I'll sign up. The free Pickelhaube won me over :)
Link

I will definitely participate, my AAR will begin using your graphics mod package within a couple days following 1.2's release. :) I already use it and really like it.

I may have a hard time with the chapter limit, but Im okay with only the first few begin judged! The word limit is not an issue, Ill break it up accordingly.

I have an idea of what Ill do, but keeping the surprise.

Last edited:
Since the chapter limit was lowered to 5, why are we keeping the 2000 word upper limit?

We are keeping the 2000 words upper limit so the chapters dont get too long and they stay overall in a comparable and judgable format. (what i have seen till now is that the lower limit of 400 seems to be more of an issue eventually)

Dont forget that only the first 5 chapters are needed to be eligible for the contest and only the first 10 chapters will get judged if you write that many.
You can of course say that you only want the first 5 chapters judged if you write more, thats also ok.
If you write after that then 50 chapters more, you can write them in whatever length and style you prefer :)

I will definitely participate, my AAR will begin using your graphics mod package within a couple days following 1.2's release. :) I already use it and really like it.
I may have a hard time with the chapter limit, but Im okay with only the first few begin judged! The word limit is not an issue, Ill break it up accordingly.
I have an idea of what Ill do, but keeping the surprise.

Glad you are liking my MIP, thank you for using it. Great to see you planning to sign up for the contest, i look forward to read what you are writing. :)

------------------

To make it crystal clear, i explain it in a few words here:

- You write 5 chapters according to the rules.

You are now eligible for the contest to be judged. You can decide to write as many chapters more as you want to, and the next 5 chapters will still be judged as long they are still according to the rules.
You can also decide that the chapters after your 5th chapter dosent get judged for the contest any more and then the rules are all off for your AAR there.

- You write 5 chapters plus 5 chapters more.

You are still eligible for the contest to be judged. You can of course write as many chapters more as you want to, but everything after the 10th chapter wont be judged for the contest any more.
The rules are all off for your AAR after the 10th chapter in any circumstance.
If one of the chapters 6-10 is not according to the rules, they all will be excluded from judging and only your first 5 chapters will get judged.

You can allways modify any chapter till the 01-11-2010, that is the date on what the judges will be invited to begin reading the contesting AAR´s.
You can still write new chapters after this date till the 15-11-2010, but not modify older ones.

I hope that clarifies everything, if anyone has further questions just ask them :)

Last edited:
I have absolutely no idea how I'm going to do this, but as soon as the patch comes out, I will get something* done. I'm a bit newbie-ish, so the gameplay probably won't be perfect, but eh, someone's got to be the 3/3/3 rulers. Might even be Fun†.

*Moonstruck takes no responsibility for any damage to fictional worlds and/or sanity caused by this AAR.

†Capital F fully intentional. See Also: Dwarf Fortress

I have absolutely no idea how I'm going to do this, but as soon as the patch comes out, I will get something* done. I'm a bit newbie-ish, so the gameplay probably won't be perfect, but eh, someone's got to be the 3/3/3 rulers. Might even be Fun†.

Well that sounds great to me, it dosent matter how good a player you are,
just do your best with the AAR in terms of writing and presentation and i am sure you will have a chance like everyone else :)

Thank you for your interrest, i am looking forward to see your AAR!

Can't find it. There's only 6 buttons

Jeah and one of them is labeled "Private Message", when you click on it you can send me a Private message in this forum (like a email for example)

Here i made a picture for you:
8151839pm.jpg

The rules keep changing, but there's still no discussion of what criteria the judges will be using to differentiate a winning AAR from a losing one.

Well, i hope the rules will have found their balance now and dont need any further adaption, sorry for that,
but i think they are better now than they where at the start of the contest, and allow for more participants and better expression.
And i think that the changes dont affect any of the allready started AAR´s in any way that would make a difference for them.

According to the criteria, the judges will judge freely on their own taste, i havent, and wont,
give them any rules they would have to take into account besides the rules of the contest itself.

There are at this point six judges that confirmed their interrest in judging for me,
all respected and known members of the community, and i await answers of 3 more persons if they want to judge.
It is possible that i will sign up more judges for the contest till the judging starts.

Last edited:
Excellent, more fresh blood! :D Glad to see you on board too, Tanzhang! Moonstruck, I'm looking forward to seeing your fully built dwarven utopia - Er, AAR! Maybe there'll even be some carp in it? :p

And as for pickelhaubes... I choose this one!
Time_01.gif

Nice thats a 1842 Pickelhaube, allegedly the first german design.

Status
Not open for further replies.