Closed Thread
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: [CONTEST] Write a V2 AAR - 110.000 Blue Coins to win!

Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2500k club

Now now, at least 3 of those 99's are 'out' already, plenty of room left...
    Why are you dodging like this, they couldn't hit an elephant at this dist(ance*) -John Sedgwick, moments before being shot through the eye
    *whether the sentence was actually cut or finished is disputed

10+ Years on the Forum Demi Moderator SAS's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDiplomacyFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsMagicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
    Warlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gigau View Post

I really liked your style. You could even have had a better not, if it hadn't been for your continuous negative comments on France, calling us frogs in each and every updates... Sorry, i'm french and proud of it

And i would have done the same for any writer making any negative comments on any country...
    Valid point, lets all play nice.
    - March of the Eagles mod: The Gods

- When I speak in Cyan its as a Demi-Moderator. Please review the following links: FAQ / Forum Rules / General Usage

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Wow, this is a surprise. I hope everyone had a wonderful time writing and I hope nothing was too hard for the Judges.

Art - Games - History Alexspeed's Avatar
    82 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur IIThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    I present you now AAR Number 6:

scholar - Portugal's Second Coming

Your AAR ranked number 6, congratulations!

You where the second last one to join my contest.
    But neverthless you managed to bring your AAR to the end date!
    You where the only one that accieved this and i think you got your
    place in the Top 10 rightfully

But not only for that! You made a great and enjoyable AAR
    that attracted also quite some readers.
    You deffinatly can look proudly on what you reached
    in this contest and with your AAR!

You also didnt get any 99 scores from the judges,
    so you see there is still room for improvment
    Neverthless you wrote a solid top 10 AAR that was
    never in real danger to fall out of the Top 10.

If memory dosent trick me you where even on Rank 3 very early in the judging.

You do the AARland a favour by writing AAR´s,
    i hope you will continue to do so for a long time!

I thank you for competing, congratulate you to your Top 10 Score, and i wish you all the best!
    Platypus rutilus, in hoc signo vinces - In honorem Paradox!
    Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign for a diseased mind! – Terry Pratchett
    ----------- -----------
    Alexspeed´s MIP - Map Improvment Package and Untransparent Map Mod for Victoria 2.
    Alexspeed´s Canvas Worldmap, SexiiColours Intense and Clear Map Overlay for Victoria 2.

Mount & Blade Custom Flag Tutorial - Alexspeed´s Victoria 2 Wallpapers and Loadscreens & Wallpapers for EU3

Member of The Iconians Club 50 and the 200k Club - - Proud Owner of the SAS Award for Forum Dedication.
    My finished Victoria 2 AAR Contest - My AwAARds: Fan of the Week: 7-Nov-2010

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scholar View Post
    Wow, this is a surprise. I hope everyone had a wonderful time writing
    I hope so too.... that it was as wonderful for the writers writing, as it was wonderful for us readers (judges or not) reading.

and I hope nothing was too hard for the Judges.
    As already said several times, it was hard on us trying to rank all your AARs... especially with Alexspeed regarding points
    Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual
    If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...

Europa Universalis IV
    MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<<

M&T Subforum | M&T en Français | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3
    Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp.
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication
    Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club !

82 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    DiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur IIThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black Plague
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gigau View Post
    (...)
    As already said several times, it was hard on us trying to rank all your AARs... especially with Alexspeed regarding points
    I made little voodoo puppets of every judge, a needle for every revision... some must have had alot of pain in the last days

Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign for a diseased mind! – Terry Pratchett
    ----------- -----------
    Alexspeed´s MIP - Map Improvment Package and Untransparent Map Mod for Victoria 2.
    Alexspeed´s Canvas Worldmap, SexiiColours Intense and Clear Map Overlay for Victoria 2.

Mount & Blade Custom Flag Tutorial - Alexspeed´s Victoria 2 Wallpapers and Loadscreens & Wallpapers for EU3

Member of The Iconians Club 50 and the 200k Club - - Proud Owner of the SAS Award for Forum Dedication.

82 games registered

Blog Entries
    We are approaching the Top 5!

Everyone still excited?

Whos still missing?

- Communitarian! - Letters from an unquiet August - A Middle Kingdom AAR
    - Tanzhang (譚張) - Onze Plaats in de Zon: The Rise of Frederik de Grote (van Holland)
    - Alerias - The Legend of the Marble Emperor - Hellenic AAR
    - Planck - Making Of: The Empire of Brazil
    - naggy - Sick Man of Europe - an Ottoman Empire AAR

Suprised anyone? I was

I obviously wont make it till 24:00, but i guess around 01:30 we will know the winner

Thank you that you are still there with me and reading & commenting!
    ----------- -----------

Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexspeed View Post
    I present you now AAR Number 6:

scholar - Portugal's Second Coming

Your AAR ranked number 6, congratulations!

You where the second last one to join my contest.
    But neverthless you managed to bring your AAR to the end date!
    You where the only one that accieved this and i think you got your
    place in the Top 10 rightfully

But not only for that! You made a great and enjoyable AAR
    that attracted also quite some readers.
    You deffinatly can look proudly on what you reached
    in this contest and with your AAR!

You also didnt get any 99 scores from the judges,
    so you see there is still room for improvment
    Neverthless you wrote a solid top 10 AAR that was
    never in real danger to fall out of the Top 10.

If memory dosent trick me you where even on Rank 3 very early in the judging.

You do the AARland a favour by writing AAR´s,
    i hope you will continue to do so for a long time!

I thank you for competing, congratulate you to your Top 10 Score, and i wish you all the best!

I'm not sure what's more amazing, that my AAR actually made it into the top ten, that it made it to be sixth place, or that I was in third in the beginning! I'm not sure I deserve this, but thank you all for having faith in my AAR!

83 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    I made little voodoo puppets of every judge, a needle for every revision... some must have had alot of pain in the last days

Yeah... i got that
    Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual
    If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...

Europa Universalis IV
    MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<<

M&T Subforum | M&T en Français | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop

83 games registered

Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsMagicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard

Blog Entries

So thats why my back hurt!

- When I speak in Cyan its as a Demi-Moderator. Please review the following links: FAQ / Forum Rules / General Usage

83 games registered

Blog Entries

I'm not sure what's more amazing, that my AAR actually made it into the top ten, that it made it to be sixth place, or that I was in third in the beginning! I'm not sure I deserve this, but thank you all for having faith in my AAR!
    I had you at 4th place, good work.

A Smooth Operator Brandenburg III's Avatar
    A Game of DwarvesHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company Collection
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIThe Kings Crusade
    Majesty II CollectionRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

On the corner of Breaking Hearts & Forgetting Names
    Blog Entries
    I finally got around to signing on a little bit ago but won’t be able to stay. I’m doing my own little hit-and-run with another semi-busy day and since I missed my own placement, I’ll probably comment about the competition later on - if its too late, I’ll probably just place it as a comment in my AAR where only the dedicated few will read it.

I will say that I like Alexspeed’s commentary on each AAR underneath the pictures. Its much better than just posting a pic and rank.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexspeed
    We are approaching the Top 5!

Everyone still excited?

Whos still missing?

- Communitarian! - Letters from an unquiet August - A Middle Kingdom AAR
    - Tanzhang (??) - Onze Plaats in de Zon: The Rise of Frederik de Grote (van Holland)
    - Alerias - The Legend of the Marble Emperor - Hellenic AAR
    - Planck - Making Of: The Empire of Brazil
    - naggy - Sick Man of Europe - an Ottoman Empire AAR

Suprised anyone? I was
    Only one of these AARs were in my personal top 5.
    My Ink Well updated 30/June Contains AARs, Mods and Projects
    They Call Me The Swede
    HOI II Library Updated through 13 March 2009

Blog Entries
    I'm guessing the ranks are:

Hellenic #5
    Brazil #4
    Letters #3
    Ottomans #2
    Dutchman #1

Was I close...?

Thank you SAS!

And Brandenburg III, if only one made it into your top five, then who do you think should have been in the top five? I'm sure the other four people would be more than happy to learn that they had someone who enjoyed their AARs enough to put them above four top five contest winners. I'm pretty sure you'll get a thank you!

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandenburg III View Post
    [...] - if its too late, I’ll probably just place it as a comment in my AAR where only the dedicated few will read it.
    [...]
    Be sure, that i'll be coming back to your AAR, read it, comment on it... hoping you'll continue it to the end

Europa Universalis IV

Ill Growl of Talking Polar Mongoose's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - ImmortalsMagicka
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

Wow, wasn't even expecting top ten let alone 7th place, so I'm happy. Thank you for the positive feedback, I'd welcome any feedback any of the judges choose to give as well. Thank you once again to Alexspeed and the judges for the time they have put in to this contest.

And thanks to all the other writers, many excellent reads in the contest.
    ¡Viva ArgentinAAR! - My Vicky 2 AAR (1836-1880)

82 games registered

Blog Entries
    The Top 5! Here they start:

Planck - Making Of: The Empire of Brazil

Your AAR ranked number 5, congratulations!

I am happy that you where part of my contest,
    and I am honest when i say that i didnt wanted anyone more
    to see updates from than from you!

You not only managed to bring in a memorable Character with your King,
    you told a great story AND you explained the gameplay really great.
    The Pictures that accompanied your AAR where awesome,
    and likely the best one of any participating AAR!

Hell you even invaded Europe as Brazil! That deserves some appreciation
    That was bold and unexpected, but very exciting for the reader,
    and you sucseeded formidably!

Please get on writing again and continue your AAR!
    If i told anyone this is your first AAR, he would have a hard time beliving me

You did get one 99 score from a judge, but even without it
    you would stay in the Top 10 for sure, you where never of danger
    of falling out of the Top 10, but you also never ranked higher than 4.

Your AAR is really a great read, and deserves its place
    up in the rankings in my opinion.

It also deserves to be continued! Please continue writing! like NOW!

----------- -----------

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDungeonland
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Leviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    V2 AHD BetaPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Wow! I'm also surprised to see that I got this place. I was honestly skeptic thinking I wouldn't even make the Top 10... It makes me really glad to know people found it interesting

And I'll continue updating it for sure, as soon as possible (I know I keep saying it, but I'll do it as soon as I get rid of some RL stuff on the way in a few days).

Thanks again Alexspeed for the contest and all the judges for their hard work! Also thanks to all the participants and congratulations

Crazy Cat Person. Meow! Moderator Qorten's Avatar
    61 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    DungeonlandElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine Wind
    For The GloryGettysburgHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Teleglitch: Die More EditionWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

I am happy that you arranged it so that you were a bit tdelayed so I could enjoy more of the Grand Finale. Thank you, Alexspeed. I got home from work an hour ago and have been skimming over the last five or six pages to see who ended up where so far.

When I use this color I am speaking as a Moderator.

82 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Planck View Post
    Wow! I'm also surprised to see that I got this place. I was honestly skeptic thinking I wouldn't even make the Top 10... It makes me really glad to know people found it interesting
    And I'll continue updating it for sure, as soon as possible (I know I keep saying it, but I'll do it as soon as I get rid of some RL stuff on the way in a few days).
    Thanks again Alexspeed for the contest and all the judges for their hard work! Also thanks to all the participants and congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Polar Mongoose View Post
    Wow, wasn't even expecting top ten let alone 7th place, so I'm happy. Thank you for the positive feedback, I'd welcome any feedback any of the judges choose to give as well. Thank you once again to Alexspeed and the judges for the time they have put in to this contest.
    And thanks to all the other writers, many excellent reads in the contest.
    Thank you guys for participating! It was my pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by Qorten View Post
    I am happy that you arranged it so that you were a bit tdelayed so I could enjoy more of the Grand Finale. Thank you, Alexspeed. I got home from work an hour ago and have been skimming over the last five or six pages to see who ended up where so far.
    Great to have you on board!

I am getting alittle tired now with more than 12 hours updating this thread,
    but i will keep it going till we are done, its fun neverthless!

Qorten, i think there will be a Forum Downtime in about an hour if i am right?
    Do you know exactly how long that takes? i think around 30-40 minutes?

I guess i wont make it before this downtime with the last ones,
    but i will continue after the downtime is over
    ----------- -----------

Crazy Cat Person. Meow! Moderator Qorten's Avatar
    61 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    DungeonlandElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine Wind
    For The GloryGettysburgHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Teleglitch: Die More EditionWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Originally Posted by Kallocain
    Forum Downtime - again!

This is the last planned downtime for a while now, but I hope you have all noticed that the forum is faster? This time the forum will be down from about 06.00 some morning until around noon. CET that is. In conjunction with the move we will also adjust the configuration to make better use of all the new memory, so hopefully everything will be up to speed after this.

Edit: Due to sickness we have been forced to postpone this downtime, we will try again asap and announce it here when it is time. Hopefully this week.

Announcement from Kallocain from the 29th.

When I use this color I am speaking as a Moderator.

Closed Thread
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast