Closed Thread
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: [CONTEST] Write a V2 AAR - 110.000 Blue Coins to win!

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDungeonland
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Leviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    V2 AHD BetaPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Yeah, I'd like to thank all of the judges for their work! I'm sure it's not easy to read through all the AARs, trying to be as fair as possible spreading the points according to Alexspeed's magic point system.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLegioLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Aye you judges must have had a hard time especially because many of the AARs are so different that it is hard to compare them imo.

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

I'll include more detailed comments later, but I want to put this out there to salve the feelings of a couple of the authAARs (and I would also to others whose placements didn't do their talents justice).

Judges, of course, have their different tastes and opinions, and things they look for in an AAR. For what it's worth, I was shocked that Brandenburg III (Bukkhara) and Surume (Iceland) didn't rank in the top 10! I ranked them 5th and 6th overall, respectively.

Great work, both of you!

I'll include more detailed comments on these AARs and others later, after the results are all known.

Thanks, Alex, for asking me to participate, and for the joy and honour of doing so! It's been great fun, and I've been able to explore some very good AARs!

Rensslaer
    Serenity - (V2 v1.3) - An isolationist Japan tries to stay out of everybody's way (Updated July '13)
    Kriegsgefahr (Impending War) - (HOI3/SF/HPP) - Germany attempts to remain at peace! (Updated Apr '13)
    Locarno - Italy vs. Germany (HOI3/SF/HPP) - What if Mussolini stood with France against Hitler?
    The Die is Cast (Roman Civil War) - Caesar will make a name for himself! (Updated June '12)
    Império Novo - An Axis Portugal AAR for HOI 3 (Updated May '13)
    Fire Warms the Northern Lands - A Prussian Victoria 1 AAR (Awarded the VictAARian Cross for Jan-Jun 2006)
    Castles In the Sky (Vicky 1) * Sforza!!! - A Milan AAR (EU III) (Updated May '13) * I Am Siam (V2 Minor) (tied for Silver VictAARian Cross for Best AAR completed in 2011) * A Long Time Ago... (HOI 1 Argentina)* Check Rensslaer's Inkwell! (list of online writings)

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Poh View Post
    Aye you judges must have had a hard time especially because many of the AARs are so different that it is hard to compare them imo.
    The difficulty, for me, was not so much related to the differences between chosen nations or anything like it, as of the overall quality of all the AARs.

Even the AARs ranked 16 to 19 were really good. I only ranked 'em last because they didn't complete the requirements...

The nice idea of Alexspeed was to have that many judges, to avoid the bias cause because people often one style or the other...

I'll my ranking tommorrow, and post commentaries in some of the AAR threads
    Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual
    If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...

Europa Universalis IV
    MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<<

M&T Subforum | M&T en Français | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3
    Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp.
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication
    Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club !

Art - Games - History Alexspeed's Avatar
    82 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur IIThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    We are beginning the countdown with this AAR, Rank 10:

Poh - A Pope's Tale - A Papal States AAR

Finally we are at the lucky ones, and i am really happy for you to be among them!
    Your AAR ranked number 10, it was very close, but neverthless you made it.

Your AAR is also some kind of Favorite for me,
    altough i have nothing about the pope or the Papal State,
    its more the humor and the "Popaphant"

You made your AAR very unique and entertaining in a quite short time,
    a good achievement, also with a nation that is hard to play.
    Its actually hard to belive its your first AAR!

You where most of the time very little under the 10th place,
    only with the final score you got enough to jump 2 places
    and get the number 10 sunny spot. I was happy that you did

You didnt got any 99 Scores, if you had you would have ranked even higher!

Keep up the great writing, I, and many of your readers,
    look forward to read more of you!

I thank you for competing, congratulate you to your Top 10 Score, and i wish you all the best!
    Platypus rutilus, in hoc signo vinces - In honorem Paradox!
    Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign for a diseased mind! – Terry Pratchett
    ----------- -----------
    Alexspeed´s MIP - Map Improvment Package and Untransparent Map Mod for Victoria 2.
    Alexspeed´s Canvas Worldmap, SexiiColours Intense and Clear Map Overlay for Victoria 2.

Mount & Blade Custom Flag Tutorial - Alexspeed´s Victoria 2 Wallpapers and Loadscreens & Wallpapers for EU3

Member of The Iconians Club 50 and the 200k Club - - Proud Owner of the SAS Award for Forum Dedication.
    My finished Victoria 2 AAR Contest - My AwAARds: Fan of the Week: 7-Nov-2010

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneIron CrossKing Arthur IIMagickaMajesty 2
    Majesty II CollectionPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Being in the Top10 without any particularly high score (ie. no 99) means that you were liked by mostly everyone. I guess it can worth more than having one or two extra-high scores and low ones otherwise...
    Sir NeoCore Slan, OLIR, beta of FtM, appointed judge of Alexspeed's Victoria 2 AAR Contest, Fan of the Week (22-11-2011) and I also play HoItCG.
    The Historical Plausibility Project 1.0.4 for HoI3, 2.0 for HoI3 - Semper Fi and 2.7 for FtM

My latest work from my Ink Well (which is post #200 in the Ink Well thread):
    Hitler's gamble - An alternative German Strategy (Vanilla HoI3 - Semper Fi 2.03c) finished
    Ten Reasons why Europa Universalis III is the worst game EVER (Vanilla EU3 - Divine Wind) finished
    The New Adventures of the United Nations... in Space - A Space Empires V AAR canceled after Season I

"Always write things on the forums that you’d be happy for your mom to read." - Fredrik Wester

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLegioLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I feel delighted to have been able to participate and even getting to the middle of such a hard field of competitors even though I have had a little help as my gf read the chapters and corrected the worst spelling ^^. The Popaphant however is not taking it well ... it is sitting in the corner weeping

82 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    DiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur IIThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black Plague
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    On the way to number one we are now at the AAR with the Rank 9:

TekcoR - Beer, Chocolate, Waffles and a Road - A History of the Benelux

Your AAR ranked number 9, congratulations!
    For you it was also a close thing to get into the Top 10.

Your AAR is unique in alot of aspects.
    I truly did enjoy reading about "Brother Jacobs" and his madness.
    It was a skillfull balance between humor & character writing i would say.

Sometimes, i think, the pictures & the gameplay come a little short on your AAR,
    but that is your style, like you do your updates too. So thats perfectly fine.
    The readers of your AAR will surely agree with me

You made alot of short updates, it was hard for me to get it included
    in the pattern that i wanted the contestor AAR´s to be,
    but you found a good way to make chapters, so everything went fine

You dropped in and out of the Top 10 several times,
    in the end you got enough points to be Rank 9.
    Strangely you didnt got any 99 Scores,
    i would have expected you to get some.

Dont ever change your style, its great to read your AAR and i am looking forward to read more

I thank you for competing, congratulate you to your Top 10 Score, and i wish you all the best!
    Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign for a diseased mind! – Terry Pratchett
    ----------- -----------
    Alexspeed´s MIP - Map Improvment Package and Untransparent Map Mod for Victoria 2.
    Alexspeed´s Canvas Worldmap, SexiiColours Intense and Clear Map Overlay for Victoria 2.

Mount & Blade Custom Flag Tutorial - Alexspeed´s Victoria 2 Wallpapers and Loadscreens & Wallpapers for EU3

Member of The Iconians Club 50 and the 200k Club - - Proud Owner of the SAS Award for Forum Dedication.

10+ Years on the Forum Demi Moderator SAS's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDiplomacyFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsMagicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
    Warlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Blog Entries
    I would like to thank Alexspeed and Paradox for hosting this Epic event, and also the invite to judge. I personally rated each AAR on several different areas: writing style (ie...story or narrative), image use (screen shots and "historical" images) with extra points being given to eye pleasing pics and placement, AAR content (did the player attempt something grand?), and humor. My top 4 were very close, great job all!

EDIT: and yes it was VERY hard to judge due to the high quality of work by all writers!
    - March of the Eagles mod: The Gods

- When I speak in Cyan its as a Demi-Moderator. Please review the following links: FAQ / Forum Rules / General Usage

Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2500k club

Aww, Waffles already? I did expect this to be even higher, but I suppose some might not enjoy the style as much as I did, it somehow reminded me of either Terry Pratchet or Douglas Adams in the way it 'wanders'..
    Why are you dodging like this, they couldn't hit an elephant at this dist(ance*) -John Sedgwick, moments before being shot through the eye
    *whether the sentence was actually cut or finished is disputed

83 games registered

Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsMagicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard

Blog Entries
    I almost gave it extra points for its name

- When I speak in Cyan its as a Demi-Moderator. Please review the following links: FAQ / Forum Rules / General Usage

82 games registered

Blog Entries
    We are now at the AAR ranked number 8:

Forgiven - Legacy of Metternich - Austrian AAR

Your AAR ranked number 8, congratulations!
    It was a sure thing you will be in the Top 10
    from the first judges score till the last one.

I truly enjoyed reading about Austria in your AAR,
    and not only because i am from there,
    but because its a great and enjoyable read!

We allready talked about your detailed battles,
    maybe alittle too detailed, but enjoyable neverthless.
    Its a different perspective on the gameplay
    than most other AAR´s take.

I think you made also the most updates from all contestors!
    And with a very good time span between them,
    you also got alot of readers, and thats proof that your AAR is very good!

You where allways in the Top 10, the highest you ranked was 4.
    For quite a while you where in the top 6 and only lost some ground in the end.
    That you only accieved one 99 score might be the reason you dropped to 8.

It was a pleasure to read your great AAR!

----------- -----------

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2

Thank you to all the judges! Im very glad that i got 13 with my first AAR,

And Thank you to Alexspeed for hosting the contest! heres to many more!
    Check out my V2 AAR Venice, Queen of the Adriatic

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twichy_boy View Post
    Thank you to all the judges! Im very glad that i got 13 with my first AAR,

And Thank you to Alexspeed for hosting the contest! heres to many more!
    Keep writing! (I had you higher than 13)

82 games registered

Blog Entries
    I am not replying alot to all of you because i work my ass off to update as fast as i can,
    be sure all your comments are very appreciated & thanks for all the good wishes and the gratulations,
    thanks for dropping in, i am updating again
    ----------- -----------

Alternative Affairs Specialist TekcoR's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Blog Entries
    9th Place isn't bad I think, I actually expected I would be a lot lower, just because sometimes the character is harder to follow. Thanks Judges.
    Visit TekcoR Productions and get additional news and information about all characters and writings featured! While your at it, become a fan by liking the page!

Featured::
    Prince Imperial - Best Character Writer of the Week (November 7th - November 14th, 2010)
    Descendants of Alexander - Weekly AAR Showcase (August 4th - August 11th, 2011)
    In den Augen Gottes - Prussia in an Alternative History Affair
    Alptraum (Nightmare) - Writer of the Week (December 4th - December 11th, 2011) & AARland Choice AwAARd 2012 (Round 1)

82 games registered

Blog Entries
    Number 7 is the next AAR on the way to the top:

Polar Mongoose - ¡Viva ArgentinAAR!

Your AAR ranked number 7, congratulations!
    The last one to join the contest, with his first AAR and still in the Top 10.
    You must have made something right

Following Argentinias way through your AAR was very inspiring,
    so much that i actually played a Argentinia game!
    See what you did there

I really liked your AAR, i somehow have something for Argentinia,
    not sure why, but for me it was somehow special.
    You where mostly focused on the gameplay, thats a solid ground to base a AAR on,
    and I personally enjoy those normally most (with exceptions).

The fact that you didnt had a 99 points score wasnt
    in the way for you to get a great place in this contest!
    This shows that your AAR pleased most of the judges.
    The most time you where going up and down between rank 10 and 6.

It was great to read your AAR, please dont stop writing, with practise you will only get even better!

----------- -----------

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TekcoR View Post
    9th Place isn't bad I think, I actually expected I would be a lot lower, just because sometimes the character is harder to follow. Thanks Judges.
    I really liked your style. You could even have had a better not, if it hadn't been for your continuous negative comments on France, calling us frogs in each and every updates... Sorry, i'm french and proud of it

And i would have done the same for any writer making any negative comments on any country...
    Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual
    If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...

Europa Universalis IV
    MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<<

M&T Subforum | M&T en Français | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3
    Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp.
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication
    Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club !

Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2500k club

Ah, thank you, in my acceptance speech I'd like to thank all the readers, organizer(s) and judges, even though the fact that I didn't know who they were reduced the bribing opportunities. Then again I was sure I'd be in top 10 when I signed up. The moment contestant number 11 signed up did drop my hopes quite a bit thou, so I'm happy to have gotten this high.
    Why are you dodging like this, they couldn't hit an elephant at this dist(ance*) -John Sedgwick, moments before being shot through the eye
    *whether the sentence was actually cut or finished is disputed

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDungeonland
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Leviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    V2 AHD BetaPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Judging from the number of 99 scores posted previously, I think I might be the next one or (if I'm lucky) the one next to it

Closed Thread
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast