Closed Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: [CONTEST] Write a V2 AAR - 110.000 Blue Coins to win!

Art - Games - History Alexspeed's Avatar
    92 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur IIThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Communitarian! View Post
    Love the recruitment poster - as an entry prize, will contestants recieve a pickelhaube? hmn, I think 1.2's gonna kick things up a notch!
    Thank you, just threw it together rather quick

A Pickelhaube... well, be more specific, there are quite some to choose

Platypus rutilus, in hoc signo vinces - In honorem Paradox!
    Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign for a diseased mind! – Terry Pratchett
    ----------- -----------
    Alexspeed´s MIP - Map Improvment Package and Untransparent Map Mod for Victoria 2.
    Alexspeed´s Canvas Worldmap, SexiiColours Intense and Clear Map Overlay for Victoria 2.

Mount & Blade Custom Flag Tutorial - Alexspeed´s Victoria 2 Wallpapers and Loadscreens & Wallpapers for EU3

Member of The Iconians Club 50 and the 200k Club - - Proud Owner of the SAS Award for Forum Dedication.
    My finished Victoria 2 AAR Contest - My AwAARds: Fan of the Week: 7-Nov-2010

Unrepentant Literal Democrat Tanzhang (譚張)'s Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossMarch of the EaglesVictoria: Revolutions
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Refusing to Play Between Dream and Reality...
    Okay, I'll sign up. The free Pickelhaube won me over
    Link
    So Close to God: An Empire of Mexico AAR
    A New PDM Mexico AAR for Victoria II: Heart of Darkness

Loyal we Began, Loyal we Remain: A History of the British Empire After the Great War
    A New Canadian Kaiserreich AAR for Darkest Hour [KR 1.5]
    Winner of: AARland Choice Awards Q1 2014

- I was Fan of the Week: 01/01/2012 and 26/05/2013 and WritAAR of the Year: 2013 ~ Proud recipient of two Kenshin Cookies ~
    - ~ More AARs avaliable at my Inkwell! (硯臺) ~ -

92 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    DiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur IIThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzhang (譚張) View Post
    Okay, I'll sign up. The free Pickelhaube won me over
    Link
    Thank you for taking part Tanzhang, and good luck to you as well!
    Linking your AAR in the first post.
    Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign for a diseased mind! – Terry Pratchett
    ----------- -----------
    Alexspeed´s MIP - Map Improvment Package and Untransparent Map Mod for Victoria 2.
    Alexspeed´s Canvas Worldmap, SexiiColours Intense and Clear Map Overlay for Victoria 2.

Mount & Blade Custom Flag Tutorial - Alexspeed´s Victoria 2 Wallpapers and Loadscreens & Wallpapers for EU3

Member of The Iconians Club 50 and the 200k Club - - Proud Owner of the SAS Award for Forum Dedication.

Since the chapter limit was lowered to 5, why are we keeping the 2000 word upper limit?

I will definitely participate, my AAR will begin using your graphics mod package within a couple days following 1.2's release. I already use it and really like it.

I may have a hard time with the chapter limit, but Im okay with only the first few begin judged! The word limit is not an issue, Ill break it up accordingly.

I have an idea of what Ill do, but keeping the surprise.
    Last edited by Alerias; 04-10-2010 at 08:34.

92 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinOverlord View Post
    Since the chapter limit was lowered to 5, why are we keeping the 2000 word upper limit?
    We are keeping the 2000 words upper limit so the chapters dont get too long and they stay overall in a comparable and judgable format. (what i have seen till now is that the lower limit of 400 seems to be more of an issue eventually)

Dont forget that only the first 5 chapters are needed to be eligible for the contest and only the first 10 chapters will get judged if you write that many.
    You can of course say that you only want the first 5 chapters judged if you write more, thats also ok.
    If you write after that then 50 chapters more, you can write them in whatever length and style you prefer

Quote Originally Posted by Alerias View Post
    I will definitely participate, my AAR will begin using your graphics mod package within a couple days following 1.2's release. I already use it and really like it.
    I may have a hard time with the chapter limit, but Im okay with only the first few begin judged! The word limit is not an issue, Ill break it up accordingly.
    I have an idea of what Ill do, but keeping the surprise.
    Glad you are liking my MIP, thank you for using it. Great to see you planning to sign up for the contest, i look forward to read what you are writing.

------------------

To make it crystal clear, i explain it in a few words here:

- You write 5 chapters according to the rules.

You are now eligible for the contest to be judged. You can decide to write as many chapters more as you want to, and the next 5 chapters will still be judged as long they are still according to the rules.
    You can also decide that the chapters after your 5th chapter dosent get judged for the contest any more and then the rules are all off for your AAR there.

- You write 5 chapters plus 5 chapters more.

You are still eligible for the contest to be judged. You can of course write as many chapters more as you want to, but everything after the 10th chapter wont be judged for the contest any more.
    The rules are all off for your AAR after the 10th chapter in any circumstance.
    If one of the chapters 6-10 is not according to the rules, they all will be excluded from judging and only your first 5 chapters will get judged.

You can allways modify any chapter till the 01-11-2010, that is the date on what the judges will be invited to begin reading the contesting AAR´s.
    You can still write new chapters after this date till the 15-11-2010, but not modify older ones.

I hope that clarifies everything, if anyone has further questions just ask them
    Last edited by Alexspeed; 04-10-2010 at 12:32.
    ----------- -----------

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaMajesty 2Semper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Sorry i cant find where to message you so i jsut post my link here http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...3#post11708673

92 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lazysunside View Post
    Sorry i cant find where to message you so i jsut post my link here http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...3#post11708673
    Thank you for taking part, linked your AAR in the contestor-list
    To message me, just klick on my Username with the left mousebutton, you get a list of options, one of them is to send me a private message.
    ----------- -----------

I have absolutely no idea how I'm going to do this, but as soon as the patch comes out, I will get something* done. I'm a bit newbie-ish, so the gameplay probably won't be perfect, but eh, someone's got to be the 3/3/3 rulers. Might even be Fun†.

*Moonstruck takes no responsibility for any damage to fictional worlds and/or sanity caused by this AAR.

†Capital F fully intentional. See Also: Dwarf Fortress

92 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonstruck View Post
    I have absolutely no idea how I'm going to do this, but as soon as the patch comes out, I will get something* done. I'm a bit newbie-ish, so the gameplay probably won't be perfect, but eh, someone's got to be the 3/3/3 rulers. Might even be Fun†.
    Well that sounds great to me, it dosent matter how good a player you are,
    just do your best with the AAR in terms of writing and presentation and i am sure you will have a chance like everyone else

Thank you for your interrest, i am looking forward to see your AAR!
    ----------- -----------

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaMajesty 2Semper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by Alexspeed View Post
    Thank you for taking part, linked your AAR in the contestor-list
    To message me, just klick on my Username with the left mousebutton, you get a list of options, one of them is to send me a private message.
    Can't find it. There's only 6 buttons

92 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lazysunside View Post
    Can't find it. There's only 6 buttons
    Jeah and one of them is labeled "Private Message", when you click on it you can send me a Private message in this forum (like a email for example)

Here i made a picture for you:
    ----------- -----------

The rules keep changing, but there's still no discussion of what criteria the judges will be using to differentiate a winning AAR from a losing one.

92 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by umg View Post
    The rules keep changing, but there's still no discussion of what criteria the judges will be using to differentiate a winning AAR from a losing one.
    Well, i hope the rules will have found their balance now and dont need any further adaption, sorry for that,
    but i think they are better now than they where at the start of the contest, and allow for more participants and better expression.
    And i think that the changes dont affect any of the allready started AAR´s in any way that would make a difference for them.

According to the criteria, the judges will judge freely on their own taste, i havent, and wont,
    give them any rules they would have to take into account besides the rules of the contest itself.

There are at this point six judges that confirmed their interrest in judging for me,
    all respected and known members of the community, and i await answers of 3 more persons if they want to judge.
    It is possible that i will sign up more judges for the contest till the judging starts.
    ----------- -----------

I'm in. Here my link. Hope you all enjoy. Going to sleep now. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post11709566

Quote Originally Posted by Johan View Post
    no
    Quote Originally Posted by Gainas
    Sorry if it has been answered before but will it be possible to use the old saved games after patching?
    Felt you guys that are doing AARs should know this.

92 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinOverlord View Post
    Felt you guys that are doing AARs should know this.
    Yes, this is a pitty, thanks for rising awareness about it!
    ----------- -----------

92 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire and Ash View Post
    I'm in. Here my link. Hope you all enjoy. Going to sleep now. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post11709566
    Thank you for your participation and good luck!
    I will link your AAR in the first post.
    Last edited by Alexspeed; 05-10-2010 at 03:33.
    ----------- -----------

First Lieutenant Communitarian!'s Avatar
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Excellent, more fresh blood! Glad to see you on board too, Tanzhang! Moonstruck, I'm looking forward to seeing your fully built dwarven utopia - Er, AAR! Maybe there'll even be some carp in it?

And as for pickelhaubes... I choose this one!
    Chatting with the friendly ghosts of Voltairine, Haywood, Goldman, Makhno, and Berkman.

Nationality: Cajun
    Religion: Erisian
    Ideology: Syndicalist
    Issues: Community Ownership/Full-Citizenship
    Current Work: Researching: Full-Time Employment
    Cash Reserves: £5
    Revolt Risk: i = 1
    Militancy: 8.15
    Consciousness: 9.68 (+0.50 daily)

92 games registered

Blog Entries
    Nice thats a 1842 Pickelhaube, allegedly the first german design.

----------- -----------

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast