• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Therion

Field Marshal
21 Badges
Sep 7, 2006
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Deus Vult
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II
Is someone able to turn these rice and corn gfx in bmp. I attempted myself but the shadow stays red in-game..

Also, does someone have or can he make gfx for the following goods:

- silk
- hemp
- dye
- saltpetre
- dates
- hides (as in skins of african wild animals )
- porcelain
- carpets (middle eastern)
- timber
- cattle
- tin
- gemstones (will include precious stones like diamonds, sapphires and rubies but also pearls and amber)

I did some myself but I don't reckon they're good enough. What do you think?

A possible image for honey and wax. Perhaps can be a bit modified (to add shadow).
resource1.png

Ok I managed to convert those rice and corn gfx so no help is needed there. I discovered that in irvanview, palettes can be imported so making gfx should be a lot easier now. :)

I finished goods.txt, goods.csv (except for rollover help - I''ll do that later) and all graphics for the new goods. I placed the new goods in a few regions so you can see how the graphics appear in the game. Make sure you have ExtraWatk installed and extract attached rar into FTG/mods.

Next in line is good placement. Hopefully I'll receive some much needed help there. :cool:

Last edited:
I'll reproduce them for other people or modders.

carpets-cocoa-dates-dyestuffs-glass

Dye is from Victoria. Not quite happy with it as it's more "cartoonish". Guess carpets could be better too.

Any idea about representing Alum for clothing? Or could it be represented by dyestuffs?
Do we know other province that produced alum other than Lazio?

marble is very good for Massa province in wagceep! And Verona and Istria too.
Interesting, but I do feel we need more provinces than that.

As for tropical wood, do you mean Brazilwood?
Collective term for brazilwood, ebony, rosewood, etc.

Do we know other province that produced alum other than Lazio?
In a map from a school book I have found the already mentioned Tolfa, Murcia, Bougie (Algiers or Constantine in wagceep), Karesi or Smyrna or Lesbos (where is Focea on the wagceep?) Sivas or Pontus (Colonea or Colonia was the site), inner Egypt

Note that alum was discovered in Tolfa in 1460, there is also an event in agceep.

Interesting, but I do feel we need more provinces than that.
Well Tunis, Egypt (the province), Greece (attica), India (ajmer, but also karnataka = bangalore for granite), Turkey (smyrna or karesi)...

And not talking about China...

I think we mean marble together with granite and other quarries such as slate, don't we?

Collective term for brazilwood, ebony, rosewood, etc.
ok.

Last edited:
Province Goods

Foodstuffs: grain, wheat, barley, rice, maize, fish^, cattle, dates

Beverages: wine, tea, beer

Textiles: cloth, wool, fur, silk, linen, carpets, dyestuffs*

Raw materials: naval_supplies, timber, salt, marble

Metals/Minerals: copper, gold, iron, tin, silver, saltpetre, sulphur, alum, coal, mercury

Plantations: coffee, cotton, sugar, tobacco, cocoa

Exotic: slaves, ivory, chinaware, porcelain, gemstones**, spices, opium, hides, bamboo, tropical_woods***

Others: olive_oil, horses, wax, hemp, glass

Placement likely
Scrappage likely
Placement considered
Pending graphic

^can be divided in cod (North Atlantic) and herring (Baltic & North seas)

*dyestuffs can be divided in woad (Europe), cochineal (Mexico) and indigo (India) ... woad would gradually disappear because of competition from indigo

**including amber (Baltic coast) and pearls (Ormuz, Caribbean, etc.)

***perhaps divided in brazilwood and precious woods (ebony, rosewood, cocobolo, kingwood) in order to simulate demand increase for brazilwood by the textile industry

Last edited: