+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Divine Wind - Developer Diary #2

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - ImmortalsEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by Kolonel View Post
    Somehow I feel four Daimyo's is a bit low... but I'm not a history buff so I'm not sure how historical that would be.
    Increasing the number might provide for a more interesting internal struggle, I think...

Sounds good otherwise, though.
    I'm not a buff on Japanese history at all, but having played MM, (which strives to be as accurate as possible) there seems to have been alot more

But well, I'm not too worried whether they got the correct ammount or not, there'll be some to mod it anyway, as long as it's entertaining, and gives modders the opportunity to make it even more fun, I'm quite satisfied :b
    Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. - Murphy's law

The Dream of Dumbarton Watch the rebirth of Strathclyde in my first AAR!

Best Character Writer of the Week: 3/2/13 Fan of the week: 1/6/13

"Fear not what will be, fear what has already come to pass"

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Junuxx View Post
    The problem is you see them from straight above, that is what is making it harder to see them
    Of course I am seeing them from straight above but when compared with similiar shots from the old map the view (or flagpole) extended in a way so that the you could still recognize what flag you're looking at. Could be nothing. If it is fine Vic2 I'm sure I'll get used to it but it does concern me a bit.

Mastermind Paradox Dev Team Birken's Avatar
    March of the EaglesPirates of Black Cove

Modding question: will it be possible to duplicate this shogunate and authority system, for example for France and her vassals?
    No, currently, as with the hre, there can only be one. What you can do is remove the shogunate and use it for france though.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses

I'll be definitely buying this expansion. It sounds great, the new map looks fantastic. I will finally play as Japan when Divine Wind comes out.
    Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn
    - Unknown

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Usually I'm not a big fan og specializing each faction to much, even though it of course can be defended in certain cases like Japan. Four internal factions seems low, but afaik there were seldom more than a few challengers to the shogun title anyway, so why not have a few strong candidates, instead of HRE, with a few strong candidates and a dozen of unimportant OPMs.

However more interesting than Japan itself, will the system that is used for Japan, be something that could be added for other nations as well? Even though I don't find it realistic to be used for France for instance, it could be very interesting to use, especially in the medieval mods.
    Germany: 7
    Brazil: 1

¿What the f...?

Magna Mundi cancelled! Can't stop laughing!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Birken View Post
    No, currently, as with the hre, there can only be one. What you can do is remove the shogunate and use it for france though.
    Well, thanks for answering that anyway, it appears to be a popular question
    Quote Originally Posted by Filip de Norre View Post
    However more interesting than Japan itself, will the system that is used for Japan, be something that could be added for other nations as well? Even though I don't find it realistic to be used for France for instance, it could be very interesting to use, especially in the medieval mods.
    Answered above

Blog Entries
    This is kind of disappointing. The ability to create new HRE-style arrangements through modding would have been a huge bonus.
    Crisis of the Confederation - Crusader Kings - IN SPACE!
    A Game of Thrones - A Song of Ice and Fire Mod for Crusader Kings II
    The Duel Engine - Standalone Mod and Generic Mod Utility for Crusader Kings II

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Galle View Post
    This is kind of disappointing. The ability to create new HRE-style arrangements through modding would have been a huge bonus.
    Probably engine limitations or too hard to make fool-proof.
    Like, what if a nation is in several of these arrangements? How would these interact? How would you integrate that in the interface?

It would have been nice but I can totally imagine several reasons that they'd rather not.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Colombo View Post
    thats just... awasome
    Same here, awasome, finaly getting to play as the Taira Daimyo in the Sengoku Jidai, my dream.
    Come on guys, at least use Uesugi, Oda, Mori and Shimazu for the 4 names....

Sure sounds as a lot of fun to play a Japanese Daimyo. Awesome flags/shields too I wonder if it will be noticeably different for European nations' dealings with the Far East though.

Modding question: will it be possible to duplicate this shogunate and authority system, for example for France and her vassals?
    Good idea. Surely woudl be a good fit for the early HRE in mods with earlier timeline.
    Read my first AAR: Wittelsbach- A CK AAR
    http://www.europa-universalis.com/fo...d.php?t=293636

Probably engine limitations or too hard to make fool-proof.
    Like, what if a nation is in several of these arrangements? How would these interact? How would you integrate that in the interface?

It would have been nice but I can totally imagine several reasons that they'd rather not.
    Something for on the list for EU4 in 2013 or so.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Santôka View Post
    Same here, awasome, finaly getting to play as the Taira Daimyo in the Sengoku Jidai, my dream.
    Come on guys, at least use Uesugi, Oda, Mori and Shimazu for the 4 names....
    What's in a name? And the four you picked don't work particularly well in 1399 any more than the Paradox four work in the sixteenth century.

I'm happy to see the new system in place, but I share concerns that this could seriously imbalance a united Japan with respect to China and Korea.
    AAR in progress
    Yet this will go onward the same: the Yamato Destiny - Continuation of the last AAR in Victoria 2. Last updated 17th October 2012

Completed AAR
    The Yamato Destiny: A Japan HTTT AAR

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Quote Originally Posted by Filip de Norre View Post
    Four internal factions seems low, but afaik there were seldom more than a few challengers to the shogun title anyway, so why not have a few strong candidates, instead of HRE, with a few strong candidates and a dozen of unimportant OPMs.
    I don't know... Four is only... four.
    I still believe the internal struggle could be more interesting with a more contenders. Like... six. Six is more than four.
    "Hic iacet inclitus Godefridus De Bulion qui totam istam terram acquisivit cultui Christiano, cuius anima cum Christo requiescat. Amen."
    -- Alleged inscription on the tomb of Godfrey of Bouillon, Advocatus Sancti Sepulchri

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

There is one thing I wonder about: How will this work if another power, perhaps China attacks Japan, wins the war with enough warscore to demand the territory of an entire clan? Also, what if say war was about a claim to the throne?

EDIT: Two things actually
    Last edited by Sard; 22-09-2010 at 16:14.
    Medlem af Det Monarkistiske Forening.

Ned med skændigkratiet! Leve skandivolutionen! Leve skandituret! Snaps og knive til alle!

What will happen if they use an abtraction like that in Europe ? If HRE in EU4 only have 10 medieval duchies, there will be chaos in the forum. But in Japan, it is fine because nobody cares about Asian history anyway. Lame excuse.

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEast India CompanyElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black PlagueRome GoldMount & Blade: Warband
    Pride of NationsRise of Prussia

It saddens me to say this, but it looks like the system will be very static (the 4 same factions from 1399 to 16XX ? Det kan inte vara ! You used to strive for "historicity") and "light" (you will play a faction of Japan just like any other country, with a twist). So I will not be looking forward playing in Japan - which defeats one of the main point of the expansion. I guess this is due to too little time for proper research for your team.

I would have much preferred a system like MM (without the bugs), which was more "historic" and extremely dynamic and allowed one "faction" to rise and crumble within a decade, before being replaced by a "new" faction that never was on the map before.

Well, to each its own I suppose. And since it is moddable...
    Last edited by Narwhal; 22-09-2010 at 16:35.

Cities in MotionDeus VultDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

There were almost two thousand separate rulers in the HRE, but Paradox abstracts that to thirty or so. I don't see anyone screaming because the Counts of Löwenstein-Wertheim-Virneburg aren't individually represented in EUIII with their own tag... So why complain because the three hundred or so daimyo families are also abstracted down to four alliances?

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    95 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    But am i right to assume that, on the other hand, one can add more than four nations in the Shogunate ? MEIOU and several other mods add many japanese clans...
    Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual
    If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...

Europa Universalis IV
    MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<<

M&T Subforum | M&T en Français | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3
    Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp.
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication
    Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club !

Lore Lady Paradox Dev Team SolSara's Avatar
    200k clubEuropa Universalis 3500k club

Yes, you can add more daimyos. The only thing you need to add to the country history file is 'daimyo = yes' and voila: you have another daimyo! Of course, you'll need to add provinces to the country as well and add some other files...
    Narrative Designer - Runemaster

Vita Brevis, Ars Longa

Mastermind Paradox Dev Team Birken's Avatar
    March of the EaglesPirates of Black Cove

Quote Originally Posted by gigau View Post

But am i right to assume that, on the other hand, one can add more than four nations in the Shogunate ? MEIOU and several other mods add many japanese clans...
    Yes, any country can be scripted to be a daimyo in the country history files. So in theory you could make a bunch of opm daimyos.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast