• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Monnikje

Secret Agent
99 Badges
Jul 23, 2007
www.gfoto.nl
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Cities in Motion
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
Floris Mod Pack

Welcome to the Floris Mod Pack. This is a combination of a lot of good mods created by the community, bringing them all together and enhancing your gameplay experience.

Originally this pack started as a side project of my After Action Report (AAR) Me, Floris, but soon it had grown into a very full package in its own right. Due to all the different mods and features this pack has grown quite large in size, and asks a lot from your computer. To make Floris available to as many people as possible, we made several different versions:
  • Basic: This is just Native gameplay with some added music, sounds and items. If want to play Native with a little extra, this version is the one for you!
  • Gameplay: This version is a downgraded version of Expanded, allowing people with lower computer specifications to still experience Floris.
  • Expanded: This version contains everything Floris has to offer.
  • Dev Suite: If you're a modder yourself and you'd wish to fiddle with Floris, this is what you need: the source and all resources you'll need to build your own version(s).

Here are some general notes:
  • Since Floris is quite large, it might strain slower pc's. If Expanded tends to run slow on your machine, you might try the Gameplay or Basic version.
  • Because of this enormous size, the loading time of the mod is longer than you are used to. Have patience!
  • The basic version is compatible with any native savegame. Gameplay and Expanded are NOT savegame compatible with Native or any older version of Floris.
  • If you have any request for an additional mod to be added, just head to the Suggestion topic, and I'll see what I can arrange for the next version.
  • If you discover a bug, you can report it in the bug topic.
  • If you might help or if you run across problems, you should first read the FAQ. If no solution is provided over there, you can always ask at support.
  • If you want to use this pack in your own mod, you'll have to ask the authors of each mod in this pack for their permission (check the respective topics!). For the stuff created by me: you can use it as long as you give credit. It would be nice to let me know you've used it.
  • Always make a backup of your native files, so you can easily revert back if you want to.

Download

Here you can download the Floris Mod Pack from different locations.

Important:
This version is NOT savegame compatible with Native nor any versions previous to 2.5.

We've crafted a handy installer for you, which allows you to install all versions of your choosing after just one download.

We've crafted a handy installer for you, which allows you to install all versions of your choosing after just one download.

Floris Mod Pack
Version: 2.54
Compatibility: 1.153
Download size for:
Installer: 1.10 GB
7zip Package: 0.97 GB
Installed Size for:
Basic: 2.06 GB
Gameplay: 1.24 GB
Expanded: 2.33 GB
Dev Suite: 2.49 GB
Total size when all versions are installed: 8.13 GB

Download mirrors
You can download the full installer from:
ModDB, Nexus
Or you can download the torrent!

You can download the 7zip package from:
ModDB, Nexus

If you have installed previously version 2.5, 2.51, 2.52 or 2.53, you can also download a patch and update the mod to the latest version:
ModDB, Nexus

Installation instructions:
First, make sure that you've uninstalled any previous versions of Floris before installing the new one.

After you've downloaded the installer from one of the mirrors, double click it. Please have patience while Windows starts the installer: since it is so large, it might take a minute to start. First you might get a warning (depending on your windows version): just click yes to continue.

InstallerEN00.jpg

After you've clicked yes, you get to choose the language you want to install the mod in. Currently there are four languages to choose from: English (default), French, German and Polish.

InstallerEN01.jpg

After you selected your language, you get to the welcome screen of the installer, stating which version you're about to install. Click Next.

InstallerEN02.jpg

Here you see the license agreement. Don't worry, it won't bite. It just makes you aware of the FAQ. Accept and click Next.

InstallerEN03.jpg

Here you see a short description of the different version you can install. Once you read it, click Next.

InstallerEN04.jpg

Here you select the installation directory. Automatically your Warband's Module folder will be selected, but you can change it if you prefer to install the mod somewhere else. Make sure you select the Main Warband folder. If you have an older version installed, it might include \Modules\ in the path: just delete that extra addition. Once done, click Next.

InstallerEN05.jpg

A message pops up, saying that the main Warband folder already exists. Of course it does. Click Yes to install there.

InstallerEN06.jpg

Now you can select which version to install: The Basic version, Gameplay version or the Expanded version. The Dev Suite is only interesting for you if you want to work with the source and/or devellop your own version. There are also some extra options available. Don't worry if you want to change it later: an extra folder is created which includes these alternative choices, so you can later switch without the need to reinstall.

InstallerEN07.jpg

Once you selected the version)s) you'd like to install, you get an overview. Click Install to start the installation.

InstallerEN08.jpg

You wait a bit untill the installation is done.

InstallerEN09.jpg

You're done! Click Finish to close the installer.

InstallerEN10.jpg

Uninstall instructions:
If you want to uninstall the mod, you can of course just delete it from your Module folder. But the proper way is to use the uninstaller, which you can find in the Module folder. Double-click it. First you might get a warning (depending on your windows version): just click yes to continue.

InstallerEN11.jpg

After that you'll get a notification asking if you're sure you want to uninstall all Floris 2.54 versions (gameplay, Expanded, Basic, Dev Suite) you installed previously. This is in the language you installed the mod in. Click Yes.

InstallerEN12.jpg

You wait a bit untill the uninstallation is done.

InstallerEN13.jpg

You're done! Click Ok to close the uninstaller.

InstallerEN14.jpg

Screenshots

To get an impression of the pack, you might have a look at the screenshot topic. Here's an impression:

Worldmap:
A new feature: the Fog of War

New map icons reflecting how castles look like in the scene:

Lots of new presentations and menus:
Character Creation:

Ports:

Troop tree viewer:

Tournaments are reformed:

Gameplay:
Swadian Opening Scene:

Tavern visit:

Tevarin Castle and its neighbouring village Balanli:

Renewed tournaments:

Battles:

Improved landscapes:

Sources

There are quite some mods, scripts and other sources used, sometimes partially, in the Floris Mod Packs. Here I list them all. I made some handy categories, but I didn't list mods 'double': if I used for example both items and skins from one mod, I listed it under one category.

There are mods that I have explicitly asked and gotten permission from, and there are Open Source Packs that can be used by everyone. To know the difference, I marked all OSP mods like this: [OSP]. You can use these OSP mods freely for non-commercial use, but still need to give credit and notify the creators. For the other mods you'll need permission form the creators.

In total 143 sources have been bundled together:
Animations (2 mod):

Items (44 mods):

Music (4 mods):

Scene Props (9 mods):

Scenes (6 mods):

Scripts (33 mods and scripts):

Skins (8 mods):

Sounds (4 mods):

Textures (14 mods):
Note: One or more textures on this 3D model have been created with images from CGTextures.com. These images may not be redistributed by default, please visit www.cgtextures.com for more information.

And of course (1 game):

Floris specific works and works by Floris members (18 works):
  • [OSP] Character Creation v1.0, Credit: Windyplains, inspired by the work of Rubik
  • [OSP] Faction Arms Coloured v1.0, Credit: Monnikje
  • Freelancer v1.3, Credit: taragoth, the Freelancer Team and the Floris Team
  • [OSP] Estates of the Realm v1.0, Credit: Windyplains
  • [OSP] Floris Item Overhaul, Credit: Monnikje
  • [OSP] Floris Scene Overhaul, Credit: Monnikje
  • [OSP] Floris Specific Items, Credit: Monnikje
  • [OSP] Fog of War, Credit: Duh
  • [OSP] Kingdom Management Tools v1.0.1, Credit: Windyplains
  • [OSP] Landowners/Moneylenders, Credit: Duh, inspired by the Bank of Calradia v2.0 by Garnier, Keedo420 and lazeras
  • [OSP] Map Icons reflecting scenes, Credit: Monnikje, based on the resources from CounterPoint391
  • [OSP] Multiple Troop Trees, Credit: Monnikje, Duh and Caba`Drin
  • [OSP] Pre-battle Orders & Deployment v0.91, Credit: Caba`drin
  • [OSP] Seafaring, Credit: Duh & Caba`Drin
  • [OSP] Special Troops and Tactics, Credit: Duh & Caba`Drin
  • [OSP] Trade Ledger, Credit: Caba`Drin
  • [OSP] Trade with Merchant Caravans, Credit: Caba`Drin
  • [OSP] Tournament Play Enhancements v1.4, Credit: Windyplains

Last edited:
Awesome, i will deffinatly try this out when i get back to Warband, BIG thumbsup on this Monnikje :)

EDIT:
oh wow, 500+ MB, you didnt rewrote the whole game did you? :D
I see its the music & textures, wouldnt have thought that would ammount to such a big size.

Last edited:
I hope you like it when you try it out :).

Hehe, that 500+ MB is just the packed size. Once you unrar it, it's 1.1 GB. Quite a bit larger than the complete installed game :D.

There wouldn't be any chance you could make the mod work as a moduel? :)

It sounds very interresting, and i would definatly want to try it, but i'd rather not overwrite the original files :)

Floris Basic Mod pack:
You'll find the following in the rar-file:
  • \Modules\native\
  • \Textures\
  • add to item_kinds1.txt
  • add to module ini.txt
  • Instructions.txt
When you want to install this mod, make a backup from your native module and the files in the main Texture directory.
Those files Textures that are being replaced, are the black-transparent logo's of the six factions: they are being replaced by coloured versions. If you don't want that, you shouldn't copy that directory.
The Module files in this pack are meant to supplement and/or replace your native files. Therefor you should always make a copy of your native module. You can also rename that copy into FlorisModule (or any name you wish), and copy the files from this pack to there.
After that, you should open the 'add to item_kinds1.txt' and 'add to module ini.txt' and follow the instructions in there. You should add and change something in the item_kinds1.txt and module.ini in the module you install this pack in.
When you done that, your ready to play. And since you made a backup of your native module, you can still play native :).

Floris Expanded Mod pack:
You'll find the following in the rar-file:
  • \Modules\Floris Extended Mod Pack 1.0\
  • \Textures\
  • Instructions.txt
The same applies to this Textures directory as to the one of the Basic mod: if you want to keep the black-transparent faction logo's you shouldn't copy this directory. It's not necessary for the module. Also, the Floris King logo's are in this directory.
For the rest: the 'Floris Extended Mod Pack 1.0' directory you find in the Modules directory is a complete standalone playable module. Just copy and play :). No need to backup your native module, since it won't be touched.

I hope this answers your question :).

It's in .../Mount&Blade Warband/Modules/native/module.ini
The module.ini is not included in the Floris Basic mod pack, since it uses the one supplied by your native version (that's one of the reasons why the basic pack is compatible with any Warband version).
If you can't see it there, you should check if you are hiding hidden or system files. Maybe it's hidden by that?

If you want to use the expanded version, you won't have to edit anything, so no need to search for that file.

Hm... Strange. You're the first I hear encountering that problem. Unfortunately my request for more space on the M&B repository (where I hosted the basic version) has been denied, so I can't upload larger files than 500 MB over there. And the Expanded version is a little over 500 MB.

I'll have soon a look at it, but I'm afraid that it won't do much good, since they say in the readme that rarfiles compress better than creating this exe, and I already have a rarfile. Thanks for the tip :).

For Floris Expanded Mod Pack 1.0.
HOTFIX: Download
It appears that all the npc's except Floris start at lvl 1. The troops.txt in this rarfile fixes that (only in new games, unfortunately).

Last edited:
Unfortunately it's not that easy. What you can do, is taking Diplomacy, and adding all the mods yourself to that newer version. That's indeed building up the pack from the ground up :(, and that's the way I actually created this pack.

I'm currently working on a new version of this pack, featuring the newest Diplomacy, the latest Custom Commander and quite a bunch of new weapons. And a completely new troop tree, build up from the ground and with all the new items distributed among the troops. Unfortunately I don't have a release date yet, but I'm working as hard as I can.

Thats awesome, thank you Monnikje! :)

So, the Optional Patch under the basic mod... Is that included in the expanded mod? I'm going to assume it is.

Also, any way I can have the expanded pack without the graphical enhancements?

Last edited:
Ubik, how dare you playing other games!!? I want you to finish your game, the game I anticipate the most of all the games of 2011! ;)

P.S. Sorry for kidnapping this thread, just wanted to play pranks with Ubik.