• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The new forum ate my post :mad:

I was going to say the same as Zarek. The destiny deck already lost two of the four cards that can hurt us and will most likely help us. I have a lot of weak cards lying around and I don't want to give up morale when we don't have to.

I go for the skill check and play four (weak) cards

Not sure what I am going to play, I got 2 strong cards left for this, but I would rather hold them, that does leave 3 weak cards, I could play on this, but it might not be a good idea for me to play them all on it.

Commander Tigh, what will you be doing next turn ? Activate vipers or move the civilian ships in delta to echo ? With civilian ships in delta, I can't leave and will most likely need all my cards protecting the civies. Moving the civies will give us another raider activation to play with as I move right after you. Of course I get new cards, but only two piloting.

I'll play two cards, one strong, one weak.

Good to have you back, Rorschach :)

Cards received in good order. I've send slinky the next crisis. He can choose whether to bury it or keep it on top.

Action queue:
=> Rorschach, Jacob, Eternaly_Lost, Kriszo: Play cards
=> GM: Resolve crisis
=> Slinky: Post decision on end-of-turn crisis.
=> GM: Turn update.

Commander Tigh, what will you be doing next turn ? Activate vipers or move the civilian ships in delta to echo ? With civilian ships in delta, I can't leave and will most likely need all my cards protecting the civies. Moving the civies will give us another raider activation to play with as I move right after you. Of course I get new cards, but only two piloting.

I was planning on activating the vipers so maybe we can take out a heavy, as they are in the hangar zones, so fairly dangerous. I could maybe XO you. I think moving the civvies can wait since they need two activations to do any harm.
Again, I'm not an experienced player, so if anyone sees any fault in my reasoning, I may do otherwise.

EDIT: I forgot to take into account that raiders move at the end of the crisis. I don't have an optimal solution (but I still lean toward my original plan, those heavies are scary), I'm up to suggestions.

EDIT2: Rorschach, if you have a maximum firepower card, maybe I should XO you, that way we could eliminate up to 5 raiders. This is just an other option, I'm still unsure about the best course of action.

Last edited:
2 weak cards

2 weak cards

Cards received. I've send you your draw.

As an aside - I'm sending you folks these things early to speed up the game. If you want to talk about them, please do so after the crisis has been resolved.
edit: Slinky's crisis decision is an exception, though. That will be public regardless.

Action queue:
=> Rorschach, Jacob, Eternaly_Lost: Play cards
=> GM: Resolve crisis.
=> Slinky: Post decision on end-of-turn crisis.

Last edited:
I will bury the crisis

I was planning on activating the vipers so maybe we can take out a heavy, as they are in the hangar zones, so fairly dangerous. I could maybe XO you. I think moving the civvies can wait since they need two activations to do any harm.
Again, I'm not an experienced player, so if anyone sees any fault in my reasoning, I may do otherwise.

EDIT: I forgot to take into account that raiders move at the end of the crisis. I don't have an optimal solution (but I still lean toward my original plan, those heavies are scary), I'm up to suggestions.

EDIT2: Rorschach, if you have a maximum firepower card, maybe I should XO you, that way we could eliminate up to 5 raiders. This is just an other option, I'm still unsure about the best course of action.

Or you could XO me and we'll blind jump...

2 weak cards

Or you could XO me and we'll blind jump...

Can't we just normal jump (risking population) after this crisis? Would it be worth it?

Can't we just normal jump (risking population) after this crisis? Would it be worth it?

Right now the fleet is at 2/5 jump prep. After this it will be 3/5.

The fleet can jump at 4/5 risking 3 pop or at 5/5 risking 1 pop using the FTL location, or autojump after 5/5.

Risking population is a dice roll. 7+ means no population loss, anything lower means losing pop.

Action queue:
=> Rorschach: Play cards.
=> GM: Resolve crisis.

Right now the fleet is at 2/5 jump prep. After this it will be 3/5.

The fleet can jump at 4/5 risking 3 pop or at 5/5 risking 1 pop using the FTL location, or autojump after 5/5.

Risking population is a dice roll. 7+ means no population loss, anything lower means losing pop.

Oh, I thought it started at 0/5 and jumping is 5/5.
I've done some calculations though, and normal jumping, even if risking 3 pop, is preferable to the blind jump right now, as it has a lower expected resource loss (2,25 vs 2,38). So hanging out for one more jump prep is an option.
EDIT: can we play an SP on that roll?

So, what do people say about the course of action? If we stay should I shoot at the heavies, or what?

Last edited:
Oh, I thought it started at 0/5 and jumping is 5/5.
I've done some calculations though, and normal jumping, even if risking 3 pop, is preferable to the blind jump right now, as it has a lower expected resource loss (2,25 vs 2,38). So hanging out for one more jump prep is an option.
EDIT: can we play an SP on that roll?

So, what do people say about the course of action? If we stay should I shoot at the heavies, or what?

I think we should stay, and shoot the heavies, we are rather close to autojump and I would rather only risk stuff when things get really bad, not right now when we have yet to fail a crisis.

By the rules I should autoresolve Rorschach around 23:00, but I'll give him until tomorrow morning when I get up.
That may be late, as I've been sick all day. (Only got out of bed to give you guys updates, really ;-) )

By the rules I should autoresolve Rorschach around 23:00, but I'll give him until tomorrow morning when I get up.
That may be late, as I've been sick all day. (Only got out of bed to give you guys updates, really ;-) )
Wow, thanks for your enthusiasm :eek:
Get well!

Wow, thanks for your enthusiasm :eek:
Get well!

*grin* No worries, it's no big deal. I can handle 10 minutes of sitting behind a computer. I just can't do it without sleeping for 2 hours afterwards.
Which is why I bid thee all goodnight right about now :)