+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 233 FirstFirst ... 16 41 66 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 116 141 166 191 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 4655

Thread: Suggestions

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Guess it's just luck on my part, then.

Just a thought but since several other cores have been added to Russia, have you considered the 'Far Eastern Republic'?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Far_Eastern_Republic

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

Adding that with a user-tweak I'll upload soon.

Also some things I've noticed; the Blackshirts militancy modifier seems to be too high, I end up with provinces in near constant rebellion that stay close to 10 militancy, Oman shouldn't really have cores on its African holdings especially as it causes it to join puppet Oman if a nation (France in my game)chooses to give it autonomy when the Arab rebellion events hit. The Heligoland Treaty should only give away the German colony if it has sea access or borders a British province. Britain ended up with a landlocked Kenya surrounded by French & German colonies, puppet Oman and civilized Ethiopia.
    Last edited by Mikeboy; 02-01-2012 at 05:29.
    Amanda Shaw, Secretary of the Interior (b. 1890)
    in BigBadBob's The Presidents 1836-1936 an Interactive V2 AAR

Alfonz Aljaz of the State of the South Slavs (b. 1800)
    in theAhawks's A Federation of "Equals"

Empire's dead, the issues inherent with creating a functional mod of that timespan are just too much.

Is there an event to annex the Korean Empire as the Empire of Japan? Also, it should be noted that the Koreans were a vassal- at least nominally I believe- of the Qing Empire.
    Nationality: British, living in the provinces-in-revolt of British North America, New York.
    Ideology: Reactionary.
    Issues: British Pan-nationalism
    Current work: PROVINCE_NAME
    Cash reserves: £50
    Revolt risk: 99%
    Militancy: 10
    Consciousness: 10
    "The biggest argument against democracy is a five minute discussion with the average voter." -Winston Churchill
    "The absolute ruler may be a Nero, but he is sometimes a Titus or Marc Aurelius; the people is often Nero, but never Marc Aurelius." -Rivarol

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeboy View Post
    the Blackshirts militancy modifier seems to be too high, I end up with provinces in near constant rebellion that stay close to 10 militancy
    Is this with the latest PDM version? I halved the militancy from that modifier in 4.4.8.

Oman shouldn't really have cores on its African holdings especially as it causes it to join puppet Oman if a nation (France in my game)chooses to give it autonomy when the Arab rebellion events hit.
    Not that Oman needs to be any weaker than it currently is, but this is probably something that should be done, yes.

The Heligoland Treaty should only give away the German colony if it has sea access or borders a British province. Britain ended up with a landlocked Kenya surrounded by French & German colonies, puppet Oman and civilized Ethiopia.
    Hmm. I thought this was already in there, but perhaps not. I'll take a look.

EDIT: It is in there, but uses "is_coastal = yes" rather than "port = yes". I suspect there's probably an inland sea in the Kenya area which the game still treats as coastal. I'll change the code to use "port = yes" instead.
    Last edited by Rylock; 03-01-2012 at 22:33.

Quote Originally Posted by KanyeWest
    Is there an event to annex the Korean Empire as the Empire of Japan?
    Yes.

Also, it should be noted that the Koreans were a vassal- at least nominally I believe- of the Qing Empire.
    This came up when we were discussing China (back when I was making the changes for the Warlord Era). I agree that it should probably start off as a vassal, but there was argument over whether a "tributary state" really qualifies as a vassal... combined with the fact that vassals in Vic2 don't work very well and there was little desire to change Korea into one.
    Last edited by Rylock; 03-01-2012 at 22:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Rylock View Post

Not that Oman needs to be any weaker than it currently is, but this is probably something that should be done, yes.
    Well, historically, Zanzibar became independent from Oman in the 1860s. I would propose an event that splits Oman into Oman proper and Zanzibar. It would make more sense anyhow. The Ottomans have taken parts of Africa from Oman in every game I've played recently. It's quite a small change, so I'm not sure how highly it ranks in your priorities.
    For Mother Russia: Scourge of the East! для мати Россия: бедствие востока Read The AAR of the rising Russian Empire.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoGecko View Post
    Well, historically, Zanzibar became independent from Oman in the 1860s. I would propose an event that splits Oman into Oman proper and Zanzibar. It would make more sense anyhow. The Ottomans have taken parts of Africa from Oman in every game I've played recently. It's quite a small change, so I'm not sure how highly it ranks in your priorities.

Agreed; also, there should be something to check the Ottomans from running rampant all over Arabia when there are still cores to be acquired in the Levant; that should be the AI's focus.

And to address the Korean-situation, there would be more common sense in making it a vassal, since the Qing and the Japanese went over that very fact.
    Nationality: British, living in the provinces-in-revolt of British North America, New York.
    Ideology: Reactionary.
    Issues: British Pan-nationalism
    Current work: PROVINCE_NAME
    Cash reserves: £50
    Revolt risk: 99%
    Militancy: 10
    Consciousness: 10
    "The biggest argument against democracy is a five minute discussion with the average voter." -Winston Churchill
    "The absolute ruler may be a Nero, but he is sometimes a Titus or Marc Aurelius; the people is often Nero, but never Marc Aurelius." -Rivarol

Quote Originally Posted by KanyeWest View Post
    also, there should be something to check the Ottomans from running rampant all over Arabia when there are still cores to be acquired in the Levant; that should be the AI's focus.

We can't change the AI's focus. Having cores somewhere vs. not having them elsewhere is one of the strongest incentives for the AI there is-- if they choose to ignore it, there's nothing we can do.

And to address the Korean-situation, there would be more common sense in making it a vassal, since the Qing and the Japanese went over that very fact.
    I don't see that there's anything to address. I don't mind making them a vassal, since they're in an area that doesn't see much traffic until that point anyhow, but the decision was already made and Naselus said no. Regardless, it's certainly not going to go in at this point when there's less than a month to go before AHD comes out.

How about adding a few more cultural unions?

Here are two ideas (Though they arenít historically correct, they might be fun to play as):
    -a union of the Baltic states, similar to the one of Indonesia (no sphere needed, they just need to exist + good relations to them)
    -a united Indo-China: Siam and Vietnam (+their satellites), Johore and maybe Burma. The requirements should be similar to those for forming Turkestan: Being westernized and owning all the mentioned countries

Another thing you should maybe consider (If it's not possible yet). Requirements should be, if doable, having a certain amout of one of your accepted cultures in the region.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

I was using 4.4.7 so I guess the Blackshirts will be fine.
    Amanda Shaw, Secretary of the Interior (b. 1890)
    in BigBadBob's The Presidents 1836-1936 an Interactive V2 AAR

Alfonz Aljaz of the State of the South Slavs (b. 1800)
    in theAhawks's A Federation of "Equals"

Empire's dead, the issues inherent with creating a functional mod of that timespan are just too much.

Another suggestion: After fighting a Great War you usually gain a lot of support for pacifism in the population. This always results in me not being able to delcare war on anyone for the next 5-10 years. This seems a-historical to me - if the king e.g. wants to declare war on someone I don't think he cares much about his population. This is why I think it would be good to implement a militancy hit of 6-8 for the people that support pacifism.

Oooh, a Custom User Title? Gwyn ap Nud's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Maggix View Post
    Another suggestion: After fighting a Great War you usually gain a lot of support for pacifism in the population. This always results in me not being able to delcare war on anyone for the next 5-10 years. This seems a-historical to me - if the king e.g. wants to declare war on someone I don't think he cares much about his population. This is why I think it would be good to implement a militancy hit of 6-8 for the people that support pacifism.
    It's not the pacifism that stops you declaring war. It's a direct chosen effect after the Great War. After a Great War finishes, you get the modifier "No More War", which removes your ability to declare war. Working As Intended.
    I know I believe in nothing, but it is my nothing
    Cogito Ergo Sum

I'd like to suggest Sofianova being made into a seperate state called Tannu Uriankhai, mainly because Russia will take all of Mongolia due to Vic 2's stupid state conquest system. If you're wondering if a single province state would cause any problems, I wouldn't think so. There's multiple one province states, so I don't think another would really hurt anything. Also regarding Mongolia, both states are called Inner Mongolia, when the northern state closest to Russia should be called Outer Mongolia. I also don't know why Ulala is part of Outer Mongolia, when it would probably make more sense as part of Krasnoyarsk Region.

I've also got another suggestion, which is something I'm still experimenting with, but the results have been good enough. Turn up the infamy gain for acquiring states to something over 30. The AI will never add random states to conquer in it's wargoals, and I've actually seen them use other wargoals a lot more. Germany for instance, asserted their hegemony over Austria for Bavaria, Wurtemburg and Saxony rather then demanding a state. The AI quite simply only goes after it's cores, and so far, I have yet to see any empire gobble up Morocco or Arabia, that might be an issue you've already solved though. Either way, when the infamy is too great for the AI to take a state, they'll use another wargoal instead or go for their cores, creating a much better, appealing world that ends up making far more sense. Here's a world map of mine in 1877, playing as Italy with this change on.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/V2_MAP_ITA_1877.9_.22_1_.jpg
    Last edited by ThePutty; 04-01-2012 at 17:39.

I was goofing around with Mexico this morning - seeing if surviving was do-able (it is - hard but possible) but after a while it has the same issue as the ACW or the Oriental Crisis did until recently - you'll be stuck in an endless loop of war every five years no matter how badly the US does. So it might be worth it to have an event similar to the current Egypt event for the oriental crisis that if Mexico still has all of the Manifest Destiny cores by 1855, or after the ACW that the US's destiny just isn't going to manifest, and that they should lose their cores after failing so many times. I've been trying to make something using the Egypt Levant event as a template, but my event skillz keep breaking the entire folder, apparently. Anyways, just a thought.

And an option to remain a democracy under the forced Presidential Dictatorship event would be nice...gain some reactionary mil and pop-con for stopping the coup or something, even have the AI always take the new government option, because it's really annoying to have an event erase fifty years of progress with no way out - I just deleted the event in my case just so I wouldn't have to deal with the annoyance.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn ap Nud View Post
    It's not the pacifism that stops you declaring war. It's a direct chosen effect after the Great War. After a Great War finishes, you get the modifier "No More War", which removes your ability to declare war. Working As Intended.
    Correct. A country that is dismantled gets the modifier for 10 years, and others that were involved in a great war gets it for 3 years. This will massively restrict their ability to declare war (though all wargoals are available if they're at war), and is intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePutty View Post
    I'd like to suggest Sofianova being made into a seperate state called Tannu Uriankhai, mainly because Russia will take all of Mongolia due to Vic 2's stupid state conquest system.
    Russia receives Sofianova separately with the use of the Peking Convention decision. Otherwise it's free to take the entire state (and sometimes does).

Also regarding Mongolia, both states are called Inner Mongolia, when the northern state closest to Russia should be called Outer Mongolia.
    This is already fixed for the next version.

Quote Originally Posted by Vernalagnia View Post
    And an option to remain a democracy under the forced Presidential Dictatorship event would be nice...gain some reactionary mil and pop-con for stopping the coup or something, even have the AI always take the new government option, because it's really annoying to have an event erase fifty years of progress with no way out - I just deleted the event in my case just so I wouldn't have to deal with the annoyance.
    Which event is this?

Quote Originally Posted by Rylock View Post
    Which event is this?
    The one that replaces your democracy with a military dictatorship. It fires around 1877.
    For Mother Russia: Scourge of the East! для мати Россия: бедствие востока Read The AAR of the rising Russian Empire.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Hamburg, Bremen, Lubeck, and Frankfurt should probably be fairly repressive "democracies" - the title isn't apt, but they were republics ruled by an oligarchy (with landed suffrage and few political reforms) not absolute monarchies.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 233 FirstFirst ... 16 41 66 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 116 141 166 191 ... LastLast