+ Reply to Thread
Page 141 of 233 FirstFirst ... 41 66 91 116 131 139 140 141 142 143 151 166 191 216 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,820 of 4655

Thread: Suggestions

Atjeh should begin inside the British SoI (reflecting the Anglo-Dutch Treaty of 1824), then be kicked out if the Dutch agree to cede Sekondi in the Gold Coast treaty event [id#36960] (reflecting the Anglo-Dutch Treaties of 18701871).

This would 1) better reflect the historical situation at the beginning of the game, and 2) make the gold coast treaty event more interesting (and make it something that a player would actually take--currently it just seems like scripted decline, rather than a real exchange). In fact, it might even make sense to remove the requirement that NET is not a GP for the Gold Coast treaty decision, since its not inconceivable that a GP Netherlands would want to consolidate its holdings like this (although the AI chance for accepting should be very low).

The amount of cash the Dutch receive for selling the colony in that event should probably be lowered in that case, since they'd be getting compensation in the form of the UK completely withdrawing from Sumatra. And perhaps the Netherlands should get a CB on Atjeh at the same time.

Also, the trigger for the gold coast treaty should probably be the completion of the Suez canal. That seems to have been fairly key in persuading the Dutch government that the Gold Coast colony was no longer worth the expense. Also, in game terms, that makes sure the Dutch AI doesn't give up an important naval base en route to its colonies.

Here's what I'm thinking for the decision (in ENG.txt) and the event (in ENGFlavor.txt):
    Code:
    gold_coast_treaty = {
    		picture = treaty_signing
    		potential = {
    			is_canal_enabled = 2		#Suez
    			is_greater_power = yes
    			owns = 1908
    			NET = {
    				owns = 1909
    				is_greater_power = no
    			}
    			state_n_government = 1
    			NOT = {
    				has_country_flag = gold_coast_treaty
    			}
    		}

allow = {
    			war = no
    			NET = {
    				war = no
    				owns = 1909
    			}
    			nationalism_n_imperialism = 1
    		}

effect = {
    			set_country_flag = gold_coast_treaty
    			treasury = -10000
    			NET = { country_event = 36960 }
    		}

ai_will_do = {
    			factor = 1
    			modifier = {
    				factor = 0
    				truce_with = NET
    			}
    			modifier = {
    				factor = 0
    				NOT = {
    					relation = { who = NET value = 50 }
    				}
    			}
    		}
    	}

country_event = {
    	id = 36960
    	title = "EVTNAME36960" #The Gold Coast Treaty
    	desc = "EVTDESC36960"
    	picture = "deliberation"

is_triggered_only = yes

option = {
    		name = "We will sign the treaty."
    		treasury = 10000
    		relation = { who = FROM value = 100 }
    		FROM = { 
    			country_event = 36961 
    			diplomatic_influence = {
    				who = ATJ
    				value = -200
    			}
    		}
    		ai_chance = {
    			factor = 75
    			modifier = {
    				factor = 0.5
    				NOT = {
    					relation = { who = FROM value = 50 }
    				}
    			}
    		}
    	}

option = {
    		name = "We refuse. Sekondi is ours."
    		relation = { who = FROM value = -50 }
    		FROM = { country_event = 36962 }
    		ai_chance = {
    			factor = 25
    			modifier = {
    				factor = 2
    				NOT = {
    					relation = { who = FROM value = 50 }
    				}
    			}
    			modifier = {
    				factor = 2
    				part_of_sphere = yes
    				NOT = { in_sphere = FROM }
    			}
    			modifier = {
    				factor = 0.5
    				relation = { who = FROM value = 150 }
    			}
    			modifier = {
    				factor = 0.5
    				alliance_with = FROM
    			}
    			modifier = {
    				factor = 0
    				in_sphere = FROM
    			}
    			modifier = {
    				factor = 0
    				vassal_of = FROM
    			}
    		}
    	}
    }
    How do you put a nation in another's SoI in the history files? I don't see any examples? Would that have to be done via a decision?
    Last edited by Jaol; 21-08-2012 at 01:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Naselus View Post
    Horses are overproduced, cattle aren't.
    So maybe replace Siedlce with any other Russian horse province. The stable we are talking about was one of the biggest at the world. Polish provinces shouldn't produce so many cattle also. I guess it should be 0 cattle in Poland because they were not so popular at 19th century. More accurate would be grain (which is overproduced, isn't it?). Perhaps buffing Argentinian cattle production would solve the problem with underproduction of cattle.

Don't you think that starting fertility rate is too high in comparison to the TFR in a countries with medical inventions? I would recommend to nerf base TFR and buff technologies. I also think that 'inventions' like deep mines or slums should affect only concrete province instead of the whole state.

Add more elements to First Opium War chain which is only an event chain to help Britain acquire HongKong by now. Canton should have local opium habit, foreign trading post, foreign smugglers at beginning, and will lose local opium habit, foreign smugglers so long as Qing makes an offensive choice in Kowloon incident with a trade restrictions modifier added to country. If Qing accept British request in Kowloon incident, then Qing will gain extraterritoriality granted as a country modifier rather than only a province modifier in HongKong. BTW, I believe extraterritoriality granted modifier should have performed better in game if you have made some specific event chain to reflect it. I mean almost every unciviled nations in 19th century have a history about extraterritoriality.

About Nanking treaty and unequal treaty. Qing should be forced to make a random port a foreign trading post once the treaty is signed, and will lose trade restrictions modifier if it has.

About Shanghai. Shanghai should gain a migration bonus and become a foreign trading post once Nanking treaty is signed.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Err... you know you just suggested a bunch of things which are already in the game? Short of those treaty ports being seceded to the power that enforces the treaty, as opposed to just adding foreign trading post modifiers (which do nothing for the power which gets it... which would be nice if that weren't the case, but that's not do-able in the game).

Quote Originally Posted by Jaol View Post
    How do you put a nation in another's SoI in the history files? I don't see any examples? Would that have to be done via a decision?
    In the oobs. Check Prussia or Austria's.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

Quote Originally Posted by Naselus View Post
    In the oobs. Check Prussia or Austria's.
    Great. Ok, so I'd suggest copying Burma's start position for Atjeh (in the UK's SoI, with -50 relations).

Quote Originally Posted by Jaol View Post
    Great. Ok, so I'd suggest copying Burma's start position for Atjeh (in the UK's SoI, with -50 relations).
    Just FYI: I didn't say so, but I've already done most of what you suggested, insofar as changing the Gold Coast Treaty and putting Atjeh in the UK's sphere (and having influence reduced in exchange for Sekondi).

Quote Originally Posted by Rylock View Post
    Err... you know you just suggested a bunch of things which are already in the game? Short of those treaty ports being seceded to the power that enforces the treaty, as opposed to just adding foreign trading post modifiers (which do nothing for the power which gets it... which would be nice if that weren't the case, but that's not do-able in the game).
    They are not there in specific Chinese Opium War event. And I didn't mean the treaty ports shouldn't be seceded to the power. We just need some additional affects, which can make opium problem more severe and historical. Since we already has an interesting events chain of opium problem, why don't we make use of it more often? More foreign trading post means more possibility to spread opium. It's said that ten million Chinese addicts are forced into compulsory treatment after PRC established. But in APD, Chinese provinces that have local opium habit modifier are too few.

Quote Originally Posted by mhbdang View Post
    They are not there in specific Chinese Opium War event. And I didn't mean the treaty ports shouldn't be seceded to the power. We just need some additional affects, which can make opium problem more severe and historical. Since we already has an interesting events chain of opium problem, why don't we make use of it more often? More foreign trading post means more possibility to spread opium. It's said that ten million Chinese addicts are forced into compulsory treatment after PRC established. But in APD, Chinese provinces that have local opium habit modifier are too few.
    There are already events that establish trading posts and spread opium addiction modifiers, though I can take a look at the current MTTH (I remember it used to be really spammy, particularly for China). Probably the entire unciv events file needs a revamp-- part of the problem with them is that they seem more geared towards China, yet apply equally to all uncivs (and yet not all uncivs are equal).

But either way, these things definitely exist so suggesting they be added isn't particularly helpful.

There are already events that establish trading posts and spread opium addiction modifiers, though I can take a look at the current MTTH (I remember it used to be really spammy, particularly for China). Probably the entire unciv events file needs a revamp-- part of the problem with them is that they seem more geared towards China, yet apply equally to all uncivs (and yet not all uncivs are equal).

But either way, these things definitely exist so suggesting they be added isn't particularly helpful.
    In 1836, south east China had had a severe opium problem. But I see there are no opium habit province in China in APD. At least Canton should has a local opium habit modifier as well as a foreign trading post modifier. Canton was the only port allowing international trade in China at that time, akin to Nagasaki in Japan. Since Nagasaki will get a foreign trading post modifier by an event fired from the game begin, why don't make a similar event to give Canton such modifier?

Quote Originally Posted by mhbdang View Post
    In 1836, south east China had had a severe opium problem. But I see there are no opium habit province in China in APD. At least Canton should has a local opium habit modifier as well as a foreign trading post modifier. Canton was the only port allowing international trade in China at that time, akin to Nagasaki in Japan. Since Nagasaki will get a foreign trading post modifier by an event fired from the game begin, why don't make a similar event to give Canton such modifier?
    There's already an event which adds this.

some releasable uncivs should get some starting reforms there are currently some with 0% Westernization like Ural Free State(which doesnt sound like an unciv country) or Java

Quote Originally Posted by DaZero View Post
    some releasable uncivs should get some starting reforms there are currently some with 0% Westernization like Ural Free State(which doesnt sound like an unciv country) or Java
    Interesting. Thought those were handled in the first pass. If you see any more like that, let me know.

Would it be possible for you guys to make an event so you can choose if you want a colony to be a settler colony or a economic colony? If you wanted, say Tunisia, to be a settler colony, the event would give a modifier that increases colonial migration to Tunisia or if you want it to be a economic colony, the event would give you a modifiers that increases RGO output.

Quote Originally Posted by flyguy117 View Post
    Would it be possible for you guys to make an event so you can choose if you want a colony to be a settler colony or a economic colony? If you wanted, say Tunisia, to be a settler colony, the event would give a modifier that increases colonial migration to Tunisia or if you want it to be a economic colony, the event would give you a modifiers that increases RGO output.
    It's something Naselus is currently considering. Check out this thread.

It's something Naselus is currently considering. Check out this thread.
    Thanks, I didn't see that thread.

Can you add some pop representing Taiwanese aborigines to Taiwan? Aboriginal pop makes up eight percent of the pop in north part of Taiwan and ten percent of the pop in south part of Taiwan.

I found there are some Nanfaren pop in Ryukyu, which should be changed to Min. Their ancestors came from Fujian province during Ming Dynasty. And why don't you make Ryukyuan isolated from Japanese? They can't be Japanese.
    Last edited by mhbdang; 23-08-2012 at 09:09.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessWar of the Roses
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

'Aborigine' pops are for Aboriginals in Oceania. Adding them to Taiwan would be nonsensical, and it would require a Taiwanese pop which would be inefficient.

But Taiwanese Aborigines are a real thing, I don't think he was referring to putting Australian Aboriginals there. Asian Minor would probably suffice, considering that's what the Austronesian minorities in Vietnam are, I believe.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessWar of the Roses
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Oh, ok, that would probably make more sense.

+ Reply to Thread