+ Reply to Thread
Page 115 of 233 FirstFirst ... 15 40 65 90 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 140 165 190 215 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 4655

Thread: Suggestions

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMagicka
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Littler response, can having a Depression increase support greatly for fascism and communism? It would be a great way to see more of those and it certainly did IRL.

Is there a way to increase the primary/accepted populations for an Israeli state if it ever got released? While I know that the real immigration push for Israel didn't show up until WWII, Russian pogroms and general anti-Semitism throughout Europe were contributing factors to the formation of Jewish settlements in Palestine, and there were groups in the nineteenth century dedicated to repopulating the area with Jewish peoples- even if they were still a vast minority by the end of the 19th century.

I understand that the line of conversation can lead to massive, *massive* fights over modern Israel/Palestine, but a released Israel - even if it's in the game under the same conditions as Babylon and the Byzantine Empire- under current conditions doesn't have much recourse for acquiring accepted populations as far as I can see.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Is it just me, or are there a bit too many sticky threads? I think there's a lot of threads where the information could be A) consolidated into another thread or B) Be unstickied entirely. The expectectation is for users to pay attention to all stickies, but that's a bit much to ask for when there's 19 stickied threads. Some of them are also very much out of date (for instance the common beta related war clauses problem is no longer relevant, and could be removed). Ideally the number of stickied threads needs to be reduced down to 5 or 6. I have to scroll down a screen before I can actually see any normal threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Quigleone View Post
    Some of them are also very much out of date (for instance the common beta related war clauses problem is no longer relevant, and could be removed). Ideally the number of stickied threads needs to be reduced down to 5 or 6. I have to scroll down a screen before I can actually see any normal threads.
    While I agree there is some bloat regarding the stickied threads, for people without AHD (unusual, I know) the war clauses problem is still relevant I believe, if they want to use the 1.4 beta.

A couple of them could probably be consolidated into an "FAQ" thread I suppose.

Benevolent Imperialist flame7926's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

I would remove the File Swap thread, it would probably stay on the first page anyway, or people can use PM's. Also PDM mod on a mac, PDM wiki- since there is What is PDM thread with a link to the wiki, Missing Localizations- people just report them in general feedback anyway, the Basing your Altervicky mod on PDM- since that can just be in an FAQ, The Changelogs, since they are pretty irrelevant since there is APD changelogs, the PDM 3.11 download thread, and the donation policy- it can be in an FAQ.
    Come see my AAR: Scandinavia: 1890-1936 w/ Great Wars : Dead
    Try my user tweak for PDM mod Victoria 2. Winter, gaining cores, and more.
    Victoria 2 Pop Utility, works with any version
    White Man's Burden mod for Victoria 2. Greatly improves exploration and colonization, as well as rebellions and international affairs: Coming Soon
    Contact me by PM or at flame7926@gmail.com if you are interested in helping

We're not unstickying utility threads, so File swap, missing localizations etc are not going anywhere. They're for staff use.

Most of the problem with our ever-bloating stickies, tbh, is due to the ever increasing number of versions of the game. If Paradox would just release 1.4 complete, we can dump three stickies straight away.

The Giant Megathread can probably be allowed to slip down the rankings, tbh; I only keep it stickied for sentimental reasons anyway.As for consolidating lots of stuff into a FAQ - I'm dubious about that, since most players are fully capable of starting a thread called 'Quick question needing quick answer' immediately underneath a thread called 'Quick Questions and Answers', so unless everything is fairly clearly labelled (and in most cases, even when it is) many downloaders elect to immediately spam the subforum with a hundred very tiny threads.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Naselus View Post
    As for consolidating lots of stuff into a FAQ - I'm dubious about that, since most players are fully capable of starting a thread called 'Quick question needing quick answer' immediately underneath a thread called 'Quick Questions and Answers', so unless everything is fairly clearly labelled (and in most cases, even when it is) many downloaders elect to immediately spam the subforum with a hundred very tiny threads.
    May be so, but I'd guess people would be more willing to read the stickies if there were less of them. If there was one thread called "FAQ - READ THIS BEFORE POSTING BUGS OR QUESTIONS" and everything else was consolidated into it, people might see it. The issue with the quick questions thread is that there's so many other stickies that you mightn't see it.

If I were you, I'd cease listing the old versions in seperate threads. Instead, in the FAQ list the newest version in big letters, then the 1.4 beta version just under it in a smaller font, along with the 1.3 version just after. Each clearly labelled. Your "version" threads would continue to be used for current version discussions.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Naselus View Post
    We're not unstickying utility threads, so File swap, missing localizations etc are not going anywhere. They're for staff use.
    We could probably let the Missing Localizations go even so. People tend not to use that thread to report them anyhow, and I just pick up the various reports from the feedback threads, so really it's not used.

As for consolidating lots of stuff into a FAQ - I'm dubious about that, since most players are fully capable of starting a thread called 'Quick question needing quick answer' immediately underneath a thread called 'Quick Questions and Answers', so unless everything is fairly clearly labelled (and in most cases, even when it is) many downloaders elect to immediately spam the subforum with a hundred very tiny threads.
    Chances are the people who pay attention to stickies at all would pay attention to a FAQ thread-- and possibly there's a greater chance of them doing so if there aren't quite so many stickies. Though I'm dubious on that point, as just about every forum I've ever been on has people who post without reading regardless of how many stickies exist. Even so, I'd be happy to consolidate some of these threads into a single FAQ (the "What is PDM?" post needs to be updated for AHD anyhow), for the sake of cleanliness if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by adventfalls View Post
    Is there a way to increase the primary/accepted populations for an Israeli state if it ever got released?
    The only way, other than the current use of increased emigration modifiers, would be to use the same system that currently moves Boer pops to the Boer republics. Namely the creation of Israel would prompt an event that adds a province modifier to any province out there which has jewish pops (you could restrict it for only countries of a certain type, say those which allow free emigration)... and then run a province event which eventually runs through each of those provinces and has a % chance for the jewish pops to move via the move_pop command. Then that same province event removes the modifier, so the pops there are only checked once. From the Boer events, I know that results in 75%+ of the pops moving... depending on how high you set that chance.

First Lieutenant
    Victoria 2

Krakau, die Hauptstadt West-Galiziens, Vereinigte Staaten von Groß-Österreich
    I was playing the New Nations Mod as Posen. I noticed that not a single German pop had been assimilated into state culture, which is Polish. Around 1875 I saved my game and loaded as Austria (which didn't become Austria-Hungary). I was astonished to observe that 40 years after the game started the percentage of South German pops had only increased by 2%, from something like 21% to 23%. At that time, the borders of Austria was exactly the same as in 1836.

My question is: what is it that prevents mass assimilation in the New Nations Mod, given that, from what I saw in the files, the mod uses much the same -20 assimilation malus for pops who live in their core provinces, the malus that does not prevent mass assimilation happening in PDM. If this mechanism is made known and implemented, that will be of great value for people who don't enjoy countries like A-H experiencing mass assimilation.

Also, under the NNM, Ashkenazi assimilate into Hungarians in the Hungarian part of the Empire after the Austro-Hungarian compromise, which is, IIRC, a vanilla feature which missing from APD.
    Last edited by Carles li Reis; 29-04-2012 at 15:46.
    "Beati in regno coelesti", sagt er sanft wie ein Lamm, "videbunt poenas damnatorum, ut beatitudo illis magis complaceat."

Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Umm what? PDM doesn't have mass assimilation in the first place.

Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband

So is the movement of Petsamo and the removal of Swedish/Finnish cores in the next version?

First Lieutenant
    Victoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Dichromate View Post
    Umm what? PDM doesn't have mass assimilation in the first place.
    OK, mass assimilation is a little bit of exaggeration. Still, look at the Austria-Hungary later in the game and you'll know what I'm talking about.
    "Beati in regno coelesti", sagt er sanft wie ein Lamm, "videbunt poenas damnatorum, ut beatitudo illis magis complaceat."

Quote Originally Posted by Carles li Reis View Post
    OK, mass assimilation is a little bit of exaggeration. Still, look at the Austria-Hungary later in the game and you'll know what I'm talking about.
    Hmm, is it actually assimilation? I know the PDM economy tends to create a fair bit of internal migration.

First Lieutenant
    Victoria 2

To some degree, it is assimilation. As pointed out several times here and there, pops do assimilate in their core provinces in APD. I don't know if NNM prevents it or not, but what I know is that the NNM AI Austrian Empire around 1870 has historically plausible nationalities distribution and percentage, whereas the same AI Austrian Empire around 1870 has excessively large South German population and no assimilation to other state cultures (like Hungarian) under APD.

Emigration can play a significant role here. From what I've noticed, NNM has almost no emigration compared to APD. What is important though is the fact that, historically, people were emigrating from places like Galizia in very large numbers and still, ethnic composition reminded much the same, not to mention that Germans were assimilating into Poles and Hungarians in the respective parts of the empire. Not that I would like to see that in game, but preventing South Germans from assimilating others where they had really no chance to do so seems to me as a reasonable goal. A goal achievable with the VII engine, as I infer from my NNM experiences.

To some degree, it is assimilation. As pointed out several times here and there, pops do assimilate in their core provinces in APD. I don't know if NNM prevents it or not, but what I know is that the NNM AI Austrian Empire around 1870 has historically plausible nationalities distribution and percentage, whereas the same AI Austrian Empire around 1870 has excessively large South German population and no assimilation to other state cultures (like Hungarian) under APD.
    NNM doesn't do anything with assimilation-- I'm not sure why it's mentioned. It just uses vanilla mechanics.

Corporal
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband

AI cannot bring their armies to the ships.

First Lieutenant
    Victoria 2

Oh, I've just checked it out and it seems that vanilla uses now this -20 assimilation malus for core culture. I don't know since when they've implemented it. But the question remains.

Emigration can play a significant role here. From what I've noticed, NNM has almost no emigration compared to APD. What is important though is the fact that, historically, people were emigrating from places like Galizia in very large numbers and still, ethnic composition reminded much the same, not to mention that Germans were assimilating into Poles and Hungarians in the respective parts of the empire. Not that I would like to see that in game, but preventing South Germans from assimilating others where they had really no chance to do so seems to me as a reasonable goal. A goal achievable with the VII engine, as I infer from my NNM experiences.
    Understood- the thing is that what I reckon may be happening is that the disproportionate emigration of non-cultured pops (like what happened with Russia when Ukrainian was removed as an accepted culture) is probably the culprit moreso than the small amounts of assimilation.

+ Reply to Thread