+ Reply to Thread
Page 106 of 233 FirstFirst ... 6 31 56 81 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 131 156 181 206 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 4655

Thread: Suggestions

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by Rylock View Post
    and a Balkans War chain is in there.
    Awesome. Any thoughts on a Boshin war? Could even have the Ezo Republic breaking off from Japan should the shogun win, creating a nation specifically for the Ainu!

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Sudan View Post
    Awesome. Any thoughts on a Boshin war? Could even have the Ezo Republic breaking off from Japan should the shogun win, creating a nation specifically for the Ainu!
    That, too, is in that thread of things I have planned. In fact, resurrecting a version of the old Bakumatsu mod is #1.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

That, too, is in that thread of things I have planned. In fact, resurrecting a version of the old Bakumatsu mod is #1.
    Also awesome.

Well then that pretty much does away with all of my suggestions, keep up the good work PDM crew.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

I've been going through the Unciv files for putting in the new Reforms (there's about 100 of them and I'm about half way done now, BTW), but I've seen that most of the Unciv files that were done by Rylock (the As to the Ms) still have Trinket Health Care Social reform, is this intended? If not, I can eliminate it as I go through the files.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian View Post
    I've been going through the Unciv files for putting in the new Reforms (there's about 100 of them and I'm about half way done now, BTW), but I've seen that most of the Unciv files that were done by Rylock (the As to the Ms) still have Trinket Health Care Social reform, is this intended? If not, I can eliminate it as I go through the files.
    I added the reform because that's what the vanilla files did (not for all uncivs, but for some). I assumed they must have had a reason, but if it shouldn't be there by all means remove it.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham

I added the reform because that's what the vanilla files did (not for all uncivs, but for some). I assumed they must have had a reason, but if it shouldn't be there by all means remove it.
    Yeah I think they were just there as a legacy of old vanilla files, but it doesn't really make any sense and I don't think Uncivs are going to be able to afford any such reforms (especially under the tighter economy of AHD). So I'll remove them from all Uncivs, unless there's any objections.

I just discovered something rather interesting while doing some research on Vietnam for the reforms thing. Turns out the France and Dai Nam should start off already at war with each other in 1861 (it was called the Cochinchina Campaign), they had been fighting since 1858 and the French had already captured Saigon (which is represented in the game). By 1862 France had forced Vietnam to hand over its Southern provinces (the area the French called Cochinchina), I think this ongoing (and quite important) war needs to be represented, unfortunately it would require a minor change to the regions of Vietnam to allow a historical conclusion.

That is, the Vinhlong region (which is currently 6 provinces) would need to be split in two, with Vinhlong, Hatien and Saigon in one region (could be called Vinhlong or maybe Cochinchina) and Dong Quai, Pleiku and Qui Nhon in a new one. Then France would start with the wargoal to take the Southern Vinhlong region as a Concession, which would simulate that war very nicely and ensure the France is more likely to have a greater presence in Indochina from then on.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl Uhtred View Post
    I notice Persia's literacy is above 11% in 1836, allowing them to enact Dar-ul-Funun on day one. I suggest raising the literacy threshold to about 15% as that didn't happen historically until 1851.
    I actually have a few things I could do here:

1) Require Persia to have gained the "Universities" reform before applying this decision. The decision could also be allowed if they have become civilized and still not applied it.

2) Have the decision give them the Universities reform, perhaps when they reach a certain Literacy threshold. That might be better than #1, considering they may never get the Universities reform at all on their own, but that reform's pretty powerful as it's +100% research (on top of the +10% offered by the Dar-ul-Funun modifier).

3) Just have the decision applied normally at 15% literacy, regardless of their other reforms.

Naselus, thoughts?

I just discovered something rather interesting while doing some research on Vietnam for the reforms thing. Turns out the France and Dai Nam should start off already at war with each other in 1861 (it was called the Cochinchina Campaign), they had been fighting since 1858 and the French had already captured Saigon (which is represented in the game). By 1862 France had forced Vietnam to hand over its Southern provinces (the area the French called Cochinchina), I think this ongoing (and quite important) war needs to be represented, unfortunately it would require a minor change to the regions of Vietnam to allow a historical conclusion.

That is, the Vinhlong region (which is currently 6 provinces) would need to be split in two, with Vinhlong, Hatien and Saigon in one region (could be called Vinhlong or maybe Cochinchina) and Dong Quai, Pleiku and Qui Nhon in a new one. Then France would start with the wargoal to take the Southern Vinhlong region as a Concession, which would simulate that war very nicely and ensure the France is more likely to have a greater presence in Indochina from then on.
    I believe the war is currently represented by an event, which causes France to gain a Establish Protectorate CB over Dai Nam. If you want to change it, that doesn't really bother me-- but we'd have to prevent that event from firing in the 1861 scenario (which is easy enough to do). I'm not sure that switching around Dai Nam's regions for this sole purpose is really necessary, though.

I believe the war is currently represented by an event, which causes France to gain a Establish Protectorate CB over Dai Nam. If you want to change it, that doesn't really bother me-- but we'd have to prevent that event from firing in the 1861 scenario (which is easy enough to do). I'm not sure that switching around Dai Nam's regions for this sole purpose is really necessary, though.
    Ok, but historically France's conquest of Vietnam didn't happen all at once like a simple Establish Protectorate would imply. They had to fight a series of bloody wars, they first captured the South of country in 1862 (as I detailed above), then in a separate war took the Centre of the country in 1874 (which was called Annam) and then finally only conquered the North (called Tonkin) in 1886 (the Tonkin Campaign). So I don't really think France should get a full annexation CB in the 1860s, when it would be much better represented as different wars of Demand Concession and then eventual annexation. Whether you want to do that by events or just let it happen naturally, doesn't really matter, but I think they should at least be at war at the start (of '61) to get the ball rolling.

Ok, but historically France's conquest of Vietnam didn't happen all at once like a simple Establish Protectorate would imply. They had to fight a series of bloody wars, they first captured the South of country in 1862 (as I detailed above), then in a separate war took the Centre of the country in 1874 (which was called Annam) and then finally only conquered the North (called Tonkin) in 1886 (the Tonkin Campaign). So I don't really think France should get a full annexation CB in the 1860s, when it would be much better represented as different wars of Demand Concession and then eventual annexation. Whether you want to do that by events or just let it happen naturally, doesn't really matter, but I think they should at least be at war at the start (of '61) to get the ball rolling.
    Fair enough, I can change the event so that it grants a Demand Concession easily enough (though I suppose I'll have to set it so that Dai Nam has to own Saigon, and if they don't the event just doesn't fire). I'm not sure, though, that we can split up Vietnam into regions to match this map. In that one, Cochinchina wouldn't be three provinces but four (you'd need the one north of Saigon as well). The one north of that would be two. And the yellow one would be one province (two at best).

That's splitting up the area into regions that are simply too small. I could see, however, moving those two provinces (Pleiku and Qui Nohn) into the central Assam region... and then moving the northernmost province of that region (Thanh Hoa) into the northern Tonkin region. That would still give you your historical result for the south, and the rest of Vietnam could be taken into two wars without splitting everything up too much.

Well we could have three regions like this...

And probably rename the regions while we're at it (the current names don't seem to have much historical president, they're just named after some of the provinces).

It would also be a good idea to make Saigon not owned by France in 1861, just controlled by them as part of the war (they'll get warscore from it that way).

Oh, and on the Persian University thing, I like the 2nd option there, otherwise they’re unlikely to get the reform.

Well we could have three regions like this...
    That is, in fact, exactly the arrangement I suggested.

And probably rename the regions while we're at it (the current names don't seem to have much historical president, they're just named after some of the provinces).
    And don't have the proper state capitals either, from the looks of it. Easy enough to change.

It would also be a good idea to make Saigon not owned by France in 1861, just controlled by them as part of the war (they'll get warscore from it that way).
    True.

Made the changes and tested it, including the changes to the original event. Seems to work okay.

That is, in fact, exactly the arrangement I suggested.
    I couldn't remember the names of all those provinces, so couldn't visualise it in my head without a picture.

And don't have the proper state capitals either, from the looks of it. Easy enough to change.

True.

Made the changes and tested it, including the changes to the original event. Seems to work okay.
    Excellent! If only everything was so easy.

Edit: Oh yeah, one other thing I was going to mention... When going through the files I found at one point I was editing the wrong Punjab file (since they were changed), so if you are still looking for tags to delete then please get rid of PAN - Panjab, PHI - Philippines and LEB - Lebanon (since there's now Christian and Muslim Lebanon this is redundant). Alright I'm going to bed now, I'll try to finish off the Unciv reforms tomorrow. Bye.
    Last edited by Hibernian; 24-02-2012 at 08:41.

so if you are still looking for tags to delete then please get rid of PAN - Panjab, PHI - Philippines and LEB - Lebanon (since there's now Christian and Muslim Lebanon this is redundant).
    Those are already not in the country file. There's quite a number of files in the history folder which were never removed, even though their tags are no longer actually part of the game.

I actually have a few things I could do here:

1) Require Persia to have gained the "Universities" reform before applying this decision. The decision could also be allowed if they have become civilized and still not applied it.

2) Have the decision give them the Universities reform, perhaps when they reach a certain Literacy threshold. That might be better than #1, considering they may never get the Universities reform at all on their own, but that reform's pretty powerful as it's +100% research (on top of the +10% offered by the Dar-ul-Funun modifier).

3) Just have the decision applied normally at 15% literacy, regardless of their other reforms.

Naselus, thoughts?
    Option 2
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

Quote Originally Posted by Naselus View Post
    Option 2
    Right-o. I will tie it to 15% literacy, unless someone says otherwise. Persia starts at 11.3%, so that means what? 1850's or so? Sounds about right.

MM Prime Minister in Exile Vishaing's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

I'm not sure if this has been suggested yet, but It made me very happy to discover that you can set min_build_railroad = 7 in a terrain type and permanently disable railroads in provinces of that type of terrain. This means we can finally, FINALLY, stop countries from paving the Sahara over with Railroads. I've added this to Desert, Arctic, and Jungle. I left coastal_desert at 2.
    Imperium in Imperio -:- EUIV Edition CKII Edition

Vishaing's Idea Corner -:- EUIV Modding Tools, Areas of Interest, Free Relations, Simple Character System, Re-Re-Thinking Ideas, War and Peace, Simplified Population System, Reforming Monarch Points, Fixing Rotten Attitudes

NOTE: Your Definition of 'soon' Might differ from Mine.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMagicka
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Very minor thing and probably suggested already, but can we have France's annex madagascar decision be available for all GPs, like the change with Hawaii? It would be pretty nice

Why would they be able to do that? That makes no sense, and neither does the 'Annex Hawaii' decision for other powers other than the United States, the Confederacy, or their sub-states. The annexation of those two states were based on respective interaction with the cultures involved. The French were able to freely annex the island-kingdom of Madagascar mainly because of the history they had with the Merina monarchy, and the fact that they had significant interests that went back in said history.

Also, the Hawaiians were annexed due to, from a Victoria II perspective, a movement by Yankees/Dixies to force the islands into arbitrary slavery. If you want that island, and you're the British, then you'd better go get it, because although you had claims on it before, you don't by this game's standards.
    Nationality: British, living in the provinces-in-revolt of British North America, New York.
    Ideology: Reactionary.
    Issues: British Pan-nationalism
    Current work: PROVINCE_NAME
    Cash reserves: 50
    Revolt risk: 99%
    Militancy: 10
    Consciousness: 10
    "The biggest argument against democracy is a five minute discussion with the average voter." -Winston Churchill
    "The absolute ruler may be a Nero, but he is sometimes a Titus or Marc Aurelius; the people is often Nero, but never Marc Aurelius." -Rivarol

+ Reply to Thread