+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 233 1 2 3 11 26 51 76 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Suggestions

Any suggestions for additions, balancing etc should be placed in this thread.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

First congratulations on the new forum!

Second, I think this mod deserves a better name than POP Demand since it does so much more.

lol, everyone is obsessed with the name ><

I'll put up another thread for name suggestions.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

I forgot, but has fuel been given a use yet?

Other then that my only current pet peeve is that god-awful SoI game. Its pretty much impossible to remove a country from another nations sphere because they'll ban embassy or focus entirely on that one country you're trying to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Prosperine View Post
    I forgot, but has fuel been given a use yet?

Other then that my only current pet peeve is that god-awful SoI game. Its pretty much impossible to remove a country from another nations sphere because they'll ban embassy or focus entirely on that one country you're trying to move on.
    I think that's the way it is intended. In fact, if anyone was to modify the game away from that then I'd say they broke it

In order to take a country out of someone else's sphere of influence you need to keep trying until the country is unable to influence all the countries it's trying to influence... when that happens you'll be able to get to 100 influence before they get back to 50/65.

The system works really well, apart from the lack of warnings and pauses when something happens, and the German minors.

The idea that capitalists produce something, to give them acces to cash whenever factories are not present or not making a surplus is very good indeed. But it seems rather odd to me, that fat cats like them would be setting up a workshop in the back yard producing a couple of handmade rifles, comfy chairs or bags of cement a month. Whatever they produce comes out of an office and is an abstract product.

My suggestion is, that they should all produce a tiny amount of shares instead, now that you have implemented them in the game. That would make more sense I think. Those shares would be shares in factories built or about to be build and would also allow that product to exist earlier in the game, which I think would be more historical too.

Thanks for the impressive work :-)

Capitalists is something I wouldn't worry too much about until 1.2 comes out. I think it's a big enough problem to expect that Paradox will fix it, I'd work from that point forward rather than try to do in events and txt files what Paradox may do in game engine code. Capitalists running mini factories is a solution that will do for now.

Given that how the different scores are calculated can sometimes seem a bit strange (General = 4 military score?) I was wondering if we could look into calculating our own scores. Even if we can't actually modify industry score or military score, what if we calculated the values internally and used an extremely inflated prestige value (which is changeable) as our meta-score?

India

I would really like to see british india made a seperate satillite state from the UK. The common market of V2 really makes this an even better way to model british india and with cash events like when you build the suez canal. I remeber it was like this in the vicky 1 VIP mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawa View Post
    The idea that capitalists produce something, to give them acces to cash whenever factories are not present or not making a surplus is very good indeed. But it seems rather odd to me, that fat cats like them would be setting up a workshop in the back yard producing a couple of handmade rifles, comfy chairs or bags of cement a month. Whatever they produce comes out of an office and is an abstract product.

My suggestion is, that they should all produce a tiny amount of shares instead, now that you have implemented them in the game. That would make more sense I think. Those shares would be shares in factories built or about to be build and would also allow that product to exist earlier in the game, which I think would be more historical too.

Thanks for the impressive work :-)
    A good idea, and one we already tried. Production is either any item or nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Unearthly View Post
    Given that how the different scores are calculated can sometimes seem a bit strange (General = 4 military score?) I was wondering if we could look into calculating our own scores. Even if we can't actually modify industry score or military score, what if we calculated the values internally and used an extremely inflated prestige value (which is changeable) as our meta-score?
    Score weight is part of the engine, and currently cant be modded in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamCanada View Post
    I would really like to see british india made a seperate satillite state from the UK. The common market of V2 really makes this an even better way to model british india and with cash events like when you build the suez canal. I remeber it was like this in the vicky 1 VIP mod.
    There's quite a few things that go into properly modelling a British India as its own entity from GB-Faeelin is still working on his British India mod iirc, we'll keep in touch with him. As a side note, however, the british super army from india is hardly super anymore, since they can only field the base units from India now. They might still get the score, but in reality the huge indian armies are exceedingly easy to kill assuming you arent behind on military tech.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaRome GoldVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Pacific colonization seems neglected. After Africa is addressed I'd like to see something that lets the GPs actually go after those Pacific islands.
    Victoria II unofficial fix pack for 1.2 (last update 2010-12-23)
    Dominion: British Imperial Relations v 1.3 (2010-11-01)
    Australia/New Zealand Improvement Mod (WIP, mate)

1 Labourer has been promoted to Bureaucrat this month

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMajesty II CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRise of Prussia
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

IMO it would look bad, and workaroundish.
    Imperium 1.4 (Mod for Victoria II)

Austria: efficient like the Germans, musical like the Italians and refined like the French.

Quote Originally Posted by parrot66 View Post
    Score weight is part of the engine, and currently cant be modded in any way.
    Maybe I wasn't clear, but I wasn't intending to change score weight, but to bypass it. We use high prestige values so the other values don't matter. For example, early game GPs might have values all <200, so we give them a prestige in increments of 1000 to indicate ranking. By doing this we make prestige the only value that effectively matters, and by controlling prestige we control the score.

Maybe I wasn't clear, but I wasn't intending to change score weight, but to bypass it. We use high prestige values so the other values don't matter. For example, early game GPs might have values all <200, so we give them a prestige in increments of 1000 to indicate ranking. By doing this we make prestige the only value that effectively matters, and by controlling prestige we control the score.
    I suppose, but the warscore issues arent TOO big, and that would definitely be a pretty awkward work-around that would require HUGE retooling of the culture tree (and a culture tree worth getting is one of the stronger points of the mod right now).

Quote Originally Posted by parrot66 View Post
    I suppose, but the warscore issues arent TOO big, and that would definitely be a pretty awkward work-around that would require HUGE retooling of the culture tree (and a culture tree worth getting is one of the stronger points of the mod right now).
    I'd have to agree. I am rather okay with culture tree as is. It has given use to the other trees that were just prestige dumps. Though the far-left tree of music and arts seems to be be a little.. Lonely. You can get one of the techs, maybe two, and the other remains locked out.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

More "mini-mods" into PoP DEmand.

Like:

Africa Tribal
    Ottomania
    New Nations
    Flag Pack
    Canal Mod
    Italia decisions

and others

more units in late game, like "early AA guns", Carriers.....

Vicky 1 soundtrack

Quote Originally Posted by nigo View Post

Like:

Africa Tribal
    Ottomania
    New Nations
    Flag Pack
    Canal Mod
    Italia decisions

and others

Vicky 1 soundtrack
    Africa tribal makes it a game of conquest which the PDM developers as far as I am aware are against. Canal mod already being used. also italy has dicisions to help form it as far as I am aware.

Quote Originally Posted by nigo View Post

Like:

Africa Tribal
    Ottomania
    New Nations
    Flag Pack
    Canal Mod
    Italia decisions

and others

Vicky 1 soundtrack
    Some of them prosperine already covered, so others-

We're already capped out on unit choice (and are happy with current units). We're reluctant to add music files to the mod because of copyright concerns, and adding in music will cause some computers to ctd.

Will look into ottomania/new nations/flag pack

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 233 1 2 3 11 26 51 76 101 ... LastLast