+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [V2:FLAGS] Worn Flags

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandRise of Prussia500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

[V2:FLAGS] Worn Flags

Minefield's Victoria II Flag Filter

- updated to version 2.1 -

This is a flag filter for modders to change the style of the flags in Victoria II.
    Basically this is meant to give flags a more used or worn look.

Updated to v2.0: I extended the filter a bit. You still need to put in your flag at three points, but as it is only copy&paste it shouldn't be too much effort.
    Updated to v2.1: Just a smaller correction to make more white flags. It was mentioned in my other thread that flags made with the filter v2.0 have too much sepia tone.

As an example of what you get using this filter there are two images below showing the different rebel-flags and the monarchy flag of the united kingdom.

Attachment 28035 ENG_monarchy.jpg

Download the filter v2.10 (Mediafire)
    Mirror: [MFV] The Filter (v2.1).rar

If you like the filter but don't want to edit your own flags but all the flags that are officially in the game:
    I'm working on a full pack of flags for Victoria II (currently I did about 600 flags) that is availible here.
    Last edited by minefield; 05-12-2010 at 12:56.

Master of the Universe CaptRobau's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Iron CrossMajesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club

Could you upload the filter/overlay you used in PNG format?

Art - Games - History Alexspeed's Avatar
    82 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur IIThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptRobau View Post
    Could you upload the filter/overlay you used in PNG format?
    I agree, that way everyone could use it for his own flags if he likes it,
    nothing against a complete set that you made tough of course
    Platypus rutilus, in hoc signo vinces - In honorem Paradox!
    Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign for a diseased mind! – Terry Pratchett
    ----------- -----------
    Alexspeed´s MIP - Map Improvment Package and Untransparent Map Mod for Victoria 2.
    Alexspeed´s Canvas Worldmap, SexiiColours Intense and Clear Map Overlay for Victoria 2.

Mount & Blade Custom Flag Tutorial - Alexspeed´s Victoria 2 Wallpapers and Loadscreens & Wallpapers for EU3

Member of The Iconians Club 50 and the 200k Club - - Proud Owner of the SAS Award for Forum Dedication.
    My finished Victoria 2 AAR Contest - My AwAARds: Fan of the Week: 7-Nov-2010

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Europa Universalis IV

It's not that simple... the "filter" consists of about 10 layers. But I will try to reduce it to one, so everyone can use it.

This is cool, but do your different rebel flags actually show up in the game? I was under the impression that all rebels used REB.tga, regardless of their ideology.

Art - Games - History Alexspeed's Avatar
    82 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur IIThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by minefield View Post
    It's not that simple... the "filter" consists of about 10 layers. But I will try to reduce it to one, so everyone can use it.
    Well then you could upload a template with a empty flag, that can include layers, and any effects on them too
    Platypus rutilus, in hoc signo vinces - In honorem Paradox!
    Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign for a diseased mind! – Terry Pratchett
    ----------- -----------
    Alexspeed´s MIP - Map Improvment Package and Untransparent Map Mod for Victoria 2.
    Alexspeed´s Canvas Worldmap, SexiiColours Intense and Clear Map Overlay for Victoria 2.

Mount & Blade Custom Flag Tutorial - Alexspeed´s Victoria 2 Wallpapers and Loadscreens & Wallpapers for EU3

Member of The Iconians Club 50 and the 200k Club - - Proud Owner of the SAS Award for Forum Dedication.
    My finished Victoria 2 AAR Contest - My AwAARds: Fan of the Week: 7-Nov-2010

Europa Universalis IV

I haven't tested this by now, but there are different rebel-flags in gfx/flags-folder.

Europa Universalis IV

I released the filter in .psd format with instructions how to use. have fun!

Your using my flag filter from EU3 as a base , not that I mind because you have created a more sophisticated effect with extra layers but still ......... a mention.
    Re-textured Map for HOI3. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=429738
    Re-textured Map For EU3\Cities. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=283243
    Re-textured map for Victoria II. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=498811
    Re-textured map for Divine Wind. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...or-Divine-Wind.

A map should look like a map and not a cheap version of the world from a high altitude balloon.

Europa Universalis IV

it is your filter? i didn't know! i'm sorry for that.

is it okay to release it or do you want me to remove the file?

edit: i checked my eu3-httt-steam-version by validating the files. the filter-template is still in the flags-folder...
    I know you had that filter in you map release, but thought it would have been released by paradox.
    Last edited by minefield; 17-09-2010 at 15:06.

Quote Originally Posted by minefield View Post
    it is your filter? i didn't know! i'm sorry for that.

is it okay to release it or do you want me to remove the file?

edit: i checked my eu3-httt-steam-version by validating the files. the filter-template is still in the flags-folder...
    I know you had that filter in you map release, but thought it would have been released by paradox.
    Your fine please do use it.
    Re-textured Map for HOI3. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=429738
    Re-textured Map For EU3\Cities. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=283243
    Re-textured map for Victoria II. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=498811
    Re-textured map for Divine Wind. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...or-Divine-Wind.

A map should look like a map and not a cheap version of the world from a high altitude balloon.

Europa Universalis IV

There is an update! I hope you like it.

Europa Universalis IV

The filter has been updated again. I also added it to my flag-thread.

Europa Universalis III: Coat of Arms, Interface, Screenshots
    Victoria II: Flags
    Terra Maiorum (EU3 Map Project): Denmark, British Isles, Caucasus

LOVE your flags, can this filter make your flags work for AHD? please reupload the filter v2.10 ON MEDIAFIRE, thank you.

Hey minefield, what program would you use with this. I have tried GIMP, but i wondered if there was a program that you would recommend?

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IV

How am I supposed to use these filters?

Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Same question for me, because when i use the filter it's only possible to read a .psd format with gimp but then when you save your creation, impossible to find how to convert it in .tga format !!!

+ Reply to Thread