+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Alexspeed´s Untransparent Map Mod for Victoria 2

There is a new working version for AHD here: Untransparent Map Mod (AHD)

Art - Games - History Alexspeed's Avatar
    82 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur IIThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Indrister View Post
    There is a new working version for AHD here: Untransparent Map Mod (AHD)
    Thank you for linking it here, have you done it? Thanks for the effort!
    I put it in the first posting as well.
    Platypus rutilus, in hoc signo vinces - In honorem Paradox!
    Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign for a diseased mind! – Terry Pratchett
    ----------- -----------
    Alexspeed´s MIP - Map Improvment Package and Untransparent Map Mod for Victoria 2.
    Alexspeed´s Canvas Worldmap, SexiiColours Intense and Clear Map Overlay for Victoria 2.

Mount & Blade Custom Flag Tutorial - Alexspeed´s Victoria 2 Wallpapers and Loadscreens & Wallpapers for EU3

Member of The Iconians Club 50 and the 200k Club - - Proud Owner of the SAS Award for Forum Dedication.
    My finished Victoria 2 AAR Contest - My AwAARds: Fan of the Week: 7-Nov-2010

Quote Originally Posted by Alexspeed View Post
    Thank you for linking it here, have you done it? Thanks for the effort!
    I put it in the first posting as well.
    Nope, I had studied your files and then tried to implement it into AHD. It worked after some adjustments, but unfortunately still missing your lighter fog of war.

82 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    DiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur IIThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    I see, thank you neverthless =)
    Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign for a diseased mind! – Terry Pratchett
    ----------- -----------
    Alexspeed´s MIP - Map Improvment Package and Untransparent Map Mod for Victoria 2.
    Alexspeed´s Canvas Worldmap, SexiiColours Intense and Clear Map Overlay for Victoria 2.

Mount & Blade Custom Flag Tutorial - Alexspeed´s Victoria 2 Wallpapers and Loadscreens & Wallpapers for EU3

Member of The Iconians Club 50 and the 200k Club - - Proud Owner of the SAS Award for Forum Dedication.

82 games registered

Blog Entries
    Small Update:

A User of this mod confirmed that it is compatible with Victoria 2 - Version 1.3 (without the AHD Expansion)
    Thank you for trying it out and letting me know, wooop! =)

Neverthless, as i didnt test it myself, please use it still on your own risk above versions 1.2.
    ----------- -----------

Alexspeed, I added your Untransparent Map in my SiR mod. I want to gratitude you & Indrister for your work. Great job!

82 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nashetovich View Post
    Alexspeed, I added your Untransparent Map in my SiR mod. I want to gratitude you & Indrister for your work. Great job!
    Thank you very much for including it in your mod and letting me know!
    I mentioned it on the first post and linked to it =)
    ----------- -----------

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMagickaNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

I can't download the AHD version for this mod. Can someone upload it to another host or something?

I want to try this out since I heard it will make the game run faster on computers with slow GPU's. Is this correct?

Edit: I think Gamefront have deleted the file. They do that if a file isn't downloaded once every 60 days. :/
    Last edited by Sn3ipen; 06-12-2012 at 05:46.

If Alexspeed doesnot protest you can found it here. Place it in "Your game\mod\SiR\gfx\FX\" (overwrite). Make backup before.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMagickaNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by Nashetovich View Post
    If Alexspeed doesnot protest you can found it here. Place it in "Your game\mod\SiR\gfx\FX\" (overwrite). Make backup before.
    Thanks allot.

Ups, I meant Place it in "Your game\gfx\FX\".

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessWarlock: Master of the ArcaneKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IVWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Blog Entries
    Can I include this as part of my mod?
    I'm Teddy. I go by that name everywhere.

Quote of the Month - September (noobermenschen) [on homophobia] "if they have a problem it is THEIR problem and not yours."

57% NO in Scotland - mark my words
    er no I meant 55.3% all along, yes, all along.

82 games registered

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the re-upload Nashetovich!

Quote Originally Posted by Nickjbor View Post
    Can I include this as part of my mod?
    Sure, if it still works youre welcome, please link it here if you do.

But take into account that this mod isnt in development any more since a good while.
    There might be issues with patches or game updates, the latest tested release was with Victoria 2 - Version 1.2
    ----------- -----------

EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessWarlock: Master of the ArcaneKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition

Blog Entries
    It works fine. Frankly, my computer(s) can not play the game without it.

Quote of the Month - September (noobermenschen) [on homophobia] "if they have a problem it is THEIR problem and not yours."

Blog Entries
    What exactly was changed in the mod? Was there some serious re-working of the entire code in the file? or was just a few lines changed? If the latter, could you maybe look at it (puppydog eyes) should HoD break it?

Blog Entries
    Writing to confirm this (seems to) work without a problem in HoD

82 games registered

Blog Entries
    It wasnt very big changes, about 10-20 lines or so if i recall corectly. But alot of trial and error to find the right values.
    It is all documented right in this thread in post number 3

Thank you for trying it out with AHD and reporting back, i am glad it seems to work.
    ----------- -----------

82 games registered

Blog Entries
    Update 20-05-2013:

I changed and updated the download link in the first post to my personal Dropbox storage,
    this should gurantee the aviability of the Download for the forseeable future (hopefully).

There have been no changes to the content of the mod.
    ----------- -----------

Any hopes of updating this for Heart of Darkness?

82 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickjbor View Post
    Writing to confirm this (seems to) work without a problem in HoD
    Quote Originally Posted by geminisama View Post
    Any hopes of updating this for Heart of Darkness?
    If you want to belive Nickjbor, it should work with Heart of Darkness.
    I did no tests or modifications myself tough, so if you try it out,
    save your original files in case you need to replace them back.
    ----------- -----------

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast