• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's understandable, but really... This paper looks like the one which they've forced me to use to draw gearboxes on. Could we maybe have fancy compass and scroll-style cracks? Wouldn't it be more authentic?

Easily moddable it seems given there are already many tweaks for this in the V2 mod forum. People added new textures, water depths and a scroll-style world map

I absolutely love the map-style map, both here and in Vicky 2.

That said, while the crisp clean map with its neat lines of latitude and longitude perfectly suits the Vicky 2 era, where the whole world is known and charted, and the maps are printed and readily accessible, I'm not so sure about it for EU3. I'm not asking for "Here be dragons", but something with a little more character would be good.

Looks awesome!

I really hope the projection around Alaska and the Bering Strait got fixed to V2 quality, that was one of the big things about the EUIII map that always really bugged me.

I hope the drawn look on the political map improves game speed slightly. Otherwise, it looks like something drawn for a history class project. Not really my taste, but I can see why it would appeal to other people.

nice map improvements , you guys won't need the WWM anymore :D
and much of those 100 province should go to japan , the preview showed a lot of provinces there! :D

swiss is a trading superpower? but with 6-7 provinces now they will be one of the european great powers!

Not sure if Clausewitz can handle it, but a more "moddable" UI a la MMOs(WoW in especial) would be nice. Being able to scale the UI elements, drag each as an item to where you want it etc would be awesome. I hate the positioning of "call to arms" etc. I always miss them and have to set "CB" to a pause event.

Pretty! Can't wait for the rest of the DD's...

I'm concerned that you cannot see the borders of sea zones. And that ports seem to still be invisible, unless there's a fleet present.

I was hoping a step back to EUII, regarding the latter point.

I also wish they'd go back to EUII's color-coding for relations in the diplo-mode.

I really don't post on these threads normally if I don't have anything meaningful to say, but hot damn! The map is sooooo beautiful!

EDIT: Oh, I do have a meaningful question: it looks from the map that you're going back to the "one province = one terrain type"? True?

Looking great!

2 questions:

1. With the Vic2 sprites in EU3 will it now also be possible to convert the EU:Rome sprites to EU3 just like you can do with Vic2?
2. Will there be a EU3>Vic2 converter?

The map looks heavenly! And i can tell you guys fixed the provs in India which i had a hard time doing for WWM. The borders look amazing :D, especially for Rajputana and Malwa. And I'm glad to see a proper coast for India, especially in Bengal.

Or it's like HOI3 and Vicky 2 where if you zoom out the boundaries disappear.

I guess I'll have to try it, but after seeing that political mode screenshot, my thoughts about this have changed from "I don't care about the map at all, and I don't understand why so many people seem to think the way the map looks is important in the grand scheme of things" to "My god, that totally sucks, what the hell are they thinking".

My default usage of the game is in political map mode, fully zoomed out. So now I don't get to see provinces anymore? Significant and fundamentally important functionality is lost just so things can look pretty if I want to consider it to be a picture?

Again, I'll have to try it, and maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but that seems like an astoundingly awful design choice. Please consider making it an option. Thank you.

I really like the looks of the provinces, coastlines, etc. I think the textures are pretty but I do miss the 3D terrain - the heightmaps added a very 'real' touch to it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.