• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The map upgrade looks excellent.

Well overdue. I was starting to get worried about the somewhat dated graphics.
It's amazing how much better looking each subsequent Paradox game is.

Is it right to assume you have put some thought into enhancing the look of the interface a bit too?

I like certain things the MEIOU team did, but I also really like the additions made in VII for popups, if that is at all possible.

Either way, not expecting an answer, just throwing my support behing the PI team (even if I would like a Rome exp someday :D).

But then, maybe you should consider giving the map a more Modern-era look. Like Blaeu's maps, because right now it looks too much Victorian or 20th Century-like.

Both the V2 and this one look like they are from 21st century IMO. I am not complaining as it might represent someone from future taking out the map of that age and looking at it and most important of all: it looks nice.

I just love a map more similar to Victoria 2's, it's better and more fun regarding all aspect: wars, economy management, replayability.

I guess the handling of core will change a little (more flexible -sp-), too.

I hope the devs will also make some indicators for unit size/org on the map without the need of hovering on the unit.
I missed this feature a lot from EUIII (thats one reason why Im still prefering Ftg over EUIII). They have nicely "reintroduced" it in Vicky II, so I hope we can also see it in DV ;)

My God in it is full of win.

This developer diary makes me cautiously optimistic about this new expansion. It has alot of room for potential.

Excellent changes to the map!

I can't wait to get into Chinese and Japanese politics as well as whatever new events you guys throw into the game. :)

Looks... wow.

The first screen seems to indicate that EU3 might get its announcements in the form Vicky 2 has a well. Look at those 5 blue circles at the lower right.
I didn't like it in Vicky2.
I liked the announcements in the way EU3 handeled it.
However, I look forward to this one. Can't wait for more info.

The map of Europe looks not as a map of Kingdoms, and as a map of any tribes:(. I think borders of provinces should be made historical, i.e. more curved. But in general, I like this mapstyle.:cool:

Looking very nice. Really weird to start a game as Switzerland now.

My favorite view is the new Vicky political map where you see terrain features as well. I noticed in the DW video that this is in. Thats incredibly precious, being able to see who-owns-what and not have to switch to a terrain map when you want to plan military operations!

It's understandable, but really... This paper looks like the one which they've forced me to use to draw gearboxes on. Could we maybe have fancy compass and scroll-style cracks? Wouldn't it be more authentic?

Nice. That first picture has me excited! :D

I'm not a fan of the creases in the map though. :eek: Also, I hope that they use rich colors with plenty of contrast. . .that was probably the main thing I didn't like about the Victoria II map. I soo hope they reconsider the creases. . .

The map looks good , I'm happy now that in my mod I still did not made any changes to map . less work for converting it to DW :)

you will change and improve the interface a bit ?

I would love to see a oportunity to hire more troops at one time in many provinces, it will be a usefull option specially in MP games :)

You are maybe looking for beta tester players ? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.