• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paradox, thank you for shrinking the unit/cot/city icons. Smaller icons means more map space, potential smaller provinces, and overall more modding potential.
I think the sprites and other miscellaneous items remain the same size. It's just the map that's been inflated.

But yes, it will be good to no longer see giants roam Europa.

Nothing is ever perfect. The map as it is has problems, which are more obvious with a large nation and a small(ish) screen.

I already lose track of province edges when I zoom out fully for example.
Also (not necessarily a map issue) navies appearing variably in provinces and on the edge of provinces is a bit wearing, especially when trying to select them if you don't know the name of that fleet.

Parma in the game is a coastal city, while in reality it belongs to central Italy
From what I can see in the screenshot on op, Parma no longer has as port, which should be good enough...

will the wasteland provinces change so they can be colonized ?

Maybe not colonised, but perhaps split into smaller provinces, which can be claimed if you own a neighbouring province (at city level) and will become yours if you own the majority of the neighbouring provinces, just to stop the map looking ugly due to the large grey blob in the middle of North America/Africa, despite the fact I have colonised the entire surrounding area.

Nice map. I specifically love the coloring. Easy contrast on the eyes and equally as easy to navigate neighbor provinces.

True it may look the same as Victoria II, however, you can select units from zoomed out and see the unit flags in EU3 unlike VicII. I've always liked doing this especially with large empires. At least seeing where they are at a quick glance where in Victoria II you would have to hunt them down selecting the Army menu.

Good job Paradox. I for one am really excited for Divine Wind.

I'm for eliminating wasteland. Humans love to claim EVERYTHING. I think if it's set up for (near) zero growth and high attrition, it would work into the game quite well. It might even lend credence to placing Antarctica at the bottom of the map.

I kinda like wasteland.

I'm for eliminating wasteland. Humans love to claim EVERYTHING. I think if it's set up for (near) zero growth and high attrition, it would work into the game quite well. It might even lend credence to placing Antarctica at the bottom of the map.

I'm ofthe oinion that provinces should be added surrounding rivers in the wastelands, or that Wastelands should be traversable (is that a word?) with very high attrition and travel time. Perhaps prohibitively so.

Not sure whether Antarctica should be on the map, as it was only sighted around 1819-1820 depending on whether you count the sub antarctic islands.

History of Antarctica - First Sightings of Land

Note that you can create events/decisions to give a country ownership of a wasteland province. Can't build anything there or move units through it but it can provide part of a 'land connection' to another province which can be useful.

I agree with the general sentiment that the style of the map might be a bit too "modern", and not really fit the EU3 period.
Something that appears handdrawn (a la Strannik's HDM) would suit better, IMHO.

Not sure how you put it in developer terminology but is this maps foundation Victoria II, different textures for the terrain, provinces and such but essentially the Victoria II map?

Its not the EU3 map being redone?

Status
Not open for further replies.