• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter 6: The Calm Before the Storm

After the new count of Anacona had arrived, the king had decided to move back to Granada to govern the country. I knew that I would hate the boat ride but I figured that this new count would probably not be seeing or doing anything interesting so, as always, I attached myself to the king’s suitcase as he left for the harbor. The return trip to Granada was surprisingly smooth, until one night, when the seas were increasingly rough…

“Aah!” The king screamed.

I was a bit annoyed when the king woke me up, and even more annoyed when I learned that the seas were rough.

“Great,” I thought, “I am going to be sea sick and not able to go back to sleep, oh well.”

“What is it my sultan!?” Aamir exclaimed.

“I had a nightmare.” the king replied.

“What was it about?”

“ There was a large noble army approaching the city ruled by a noble named Naajid. He demanded that we grant some more rights to the nobles of the realm. I refused, and well, he assaulted my army, killing every single man.” the king said, recounting his nightmare.

“Well it is okay my king, it was only a nightmare.” Aamir said, trying to put the king’s fear to rest.

“No it was not!” the king exclaimed, grabbing Aamir by the collar of his nightshirt, “ it was a prophecy, the moment we step on shore on Granada, I want you write up a law granting more power to the states, you here me.”

“Yes, yes my liege.” Aamir replied fearfully.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The rest of the boat trip went very smoothly, with only occasional seasickness. The king had no more nightmares, and I fortunately slept well for the majority of trip. On the third day we arrived back in Granada, Jamal wanted to hold a council. I usually don’t attend most of the meetings, but something in Jamal’s voice intrigued me.

“We are here at this emergency meeting to discuss a possible opportunity to invade our ancient enemy, Castille,” Jamal announces as the members of the crowd murmur, even the King.

“And what opportunity is this?” the king asked, replying to Jamal’s statements.

“Right now, Castille is at war with Portugal and Aragon. Most of their army has been destroyed in the Pyrenees. They are very weak right now and I think it would be an opportune time to retake Almeria,” replied Jamal.

“Yes, very much so, after the truce ends with Castille, we take the Reconquista to the Catholics!”

The crowd cheers in response to the king’s statements. To me the sound was deafening and it took a few days before my hearing fully recovered.

Months passed as I went with the king as he trained more troops for the war. He also took great care in making sure that Morocco and Algeria were on the same page. The economy had much improved after the war. However, a small loan had to be taken to provide funding for the troops. This was generally boring for me, but I was a bit excited that I would finally get to see battle.

“My Sultan, now would be an opportune time to attack the Spaniards, the truce has run out and shown by this map, the Aragonians have captured half the country and Portugal has already taken land.”

“Let me see that map,” The king replies, snatching the map form an unknown advisor.

“Wow you were right, now is most definitely an propitious time to attack the Spaniards, please call in Aamir so he can draw up a declaration of war.”

“My liege, you would like for me to draw up a declaration of war for you?” Aamir said as he entered the room.

“Yes, that would be nice.” the king replied.

“And what Casus Belli should I write in?”

“Since I fully intend on taking more provinces than just Almeria, so make it a holy war.”

After some thirty minutes. “It is as good as done.”

“Thank you Aamir, please send it to the Castilian king immediately.”

And so I witnessed the signing of the Declaration of War that would change the history of the Iberian peninsula forever. I was excited that I would finally get to see battle, but as fortune has it, I would be proven wrong yet again.

I FIgured I'd Check this out since you follow my AAR, its pretty good

I'm Actually really impressed i can never survive as grenada. Of course I can Turn The Clock on Rome back 450 years in the same game in 50 years but sucess as grenada has always eluded me................

I FIgured I'd Check this out since you follow my AAR, its pretty good

I'm Actually really impressed i can never survive as grenada. Of course I can Turn The Clock on Rome back 450 years in the same game in 50 years but sucess as grenada has always eluded me................

You just need to get really lucky, i failed... a lot. Thanks for reading always great to have readers

You just need to get really lucky, i failed... a lot. Thanks for reading always great to have readers

I Just Mean that I get Eaten By Castille and sometimes Portugaul, every time, you still exist!

Awesome update !

I say you declare war, you can give Naples Anconna because I think its only going to bring you more troubles now, it would be better if you conquered Iberia now and Italy later

It looks awesome, but I don't really think you need to ask "do you like it" after every update. I'm sure people will tell their opinions. :p

Yeah, people usually say whether they like it. We're a fairly forthright bunch here. :p

Look forward to more.

Why not ? this might be his only chance to beat Castille

If he's still bankrupt then the following apply (according to the wiki).

EU 3 Wiki said:
  • All current loans are eliminated, as is the balance of whatever amount owed that forced the bankruptcy.
  • Every province in the country will suffer a +1 increase in its risk of revolt for the next five years.
  • All armies and navies will be demoralized and be much more likely to retreat for the next five years.
  • Any new loans in the next five years will incur an additional 10% interest rate charge over and above their usual interest rates.
  • The country's current inflation value will be increased by 5%, plus an additional 1% for each loan that has been defaulted.
  • Any advisors currently serving will depart since they were not paid.
  • Any mercenaries that are currently part of the military will immediately leave. This will happen even if they are in the midst of combat.

With particular reference to the demoralisation of armies and navies. I've seen huge stacks beaten by a few normal-morale regiments.

Projeckt 919- It just requires insane amounts of lluck, with just a little bit of skill.

Enewald- Fortuantely they have just fended off an Ottoman invasion and are in no position to intervene

Garudamon11-I naples does attack, i am weary about givng up anacon because of my core on rome.

Tuore- Thank you.

Sprite- Yes quite lucky

Ashantai- If you want more, you've got it

Dewirix- Although my armies morale is shot, i dont have to pay maintence :p

Chapter 7: Blood in the Water

I woke up the next morning to the sound of drum. As I climbed onto the windowsill, I saw a large army of 5,000 preparing to depart. I almost freaked out because I was going to miss war. And possibly battle. But that worrying was relieved when the king barged into the room.

“Aamir, why can’t you ever remember to bring my battle helmet, it has always brought us good luck.”

“I apologize my king, I must have forgotten it somehow.”

“Phew, that was a close one,” I thought. I climbed onto the kings leg guards and followed him to where he made his speech.

“Even though I will not be with you on these glorious days, where we tale our land back from the heathens, my guiding spirit and knowledge will guide you. For many a year have our brethren been pushed around by the heathens from the North. As you sack the cities, do not plunder our brethren, but plunder and loot those who oppressed them. As you divide into three armies, stand tall against the might of your opponent, keep and strong will, and let Allah be with you.”

The crowd let out a deafening cry as the king finished his speech. I was very disappointed that the king had decided to say at bay for this war, but on the inside, I was a little glad that I did not have to see the same carnage put upon at Anacona. The king marched with his army as they left the city and onwards to the unknown.

The days passed as the king was doing business. The first official Granadan census came in form Anacona. It showed that the city had about 60,000 healthy and taxable people, over 10,000 more than previously thought. More days passed as I would generally explore the castle. One night, before I drifted off to sleep, Jamal with good news.

“My liege, the city of Cadiz has fallen for the first time since the fall of the Romans and they have entered the city.”

“Oh good, send the a letter of congratulations.”

We received similar news throughout the next couple months as Almeria fell to much rejoice in the Sunni people and Sevilla, which when plundered, brought immense wealth to the capital. This left almost all of the southern half of Castille occupied. All the land north was occupied by Aragon and the king was hesitant about sending is army to the north, fearing that there still might be a large Spanish army lurking in the proverbial shadows.

Time passed as the king waited for the Aragonese King to make peace. I bode my time by exploring the castle and its surrounding area. Luckily for me, no one with a large case of arachnophobia spotted me and squished me.

“My Sultan, the Aragonese king has accepted a peace offer from the Castilians.”

“What did they take?” the king replied to Aamir.
“They took four provinces, splitting Castille in half and isolating its large army to the north my Sultan.”

“Good tell the captains to siege the rest of the cities.”

“As you wish my Liege.”

As the days passed we received news of the fall of Cordoba, La Mancha, Murcia, and Badajoz. However, the most important announcement came when the Castillan capital, Toledo fell. In honor of the capital’ fall, a large parade was held featuring the king himself and his body guards. I would have liked to be able to be thought as the star of the “show”, but it is hard to be recognized when you are smaller than a penny. With Toledo falling, the Castilian king was forced to come to the negotiating table.

“My Sultan, the Castilians have surrendered, they are asking us for our terms.” Aamir said as he entered the room.

“Tell him we demand the cities and regions of Almeria, Cadiz, Sevilla, Cordoba and a payment of one hundred ducats.”

Days passed as Aamir was sent to Corsica, which is where the king had housed himself after the sacking of his capital, to deliver the peace terms. The king, with most of his country occupied and his people crying for peace, signed the Treaty of Corsica Hall, handing over the said provinces and money.

“My liege, the king has agreed to our terms.”

“Great, order a new map drawn up showing our new territories.”

Congrads. Any idea whether Castille had any armies left? (Armies ledger)

Also, what happened in Italy with Naples?