• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
+2 Very mental indeed. How much time would take to do such a thing ?

A lot of time. Many, many hours to create the new map

So this is an expansion. A question, then: will this be standalone? If not, what will ite require?

Yay!!! :D

The map is AWESOME!

Simply, it will be AWESOME. With capital letters, of course. I hope that the community can help a lot.
AoD, than Iron Cross... Isn't it incredible that a nearly 10 years old engine still serves the gamers?

Im glad to see the North American part of the map get the attention it so rightly deserved, it was hard to create an interesting campaign in north america in vanilla HOI2 due to the lack of provinces-so good job in this regard alone.

Im actually considering porting my Harry Turtledove Settling Accounts mod to this engine rather than HOI3...

Id like to hear if there are any plans for the naval aspects of the game? Especially carrier warfare. Expanded types of CAGs for instance? The inclusion of CVs, CVEs and CVLs (must do this!).

It is by many people considered a superior engine and most of all: superior game. It is simply more polished and attractive in many ways.

Eh, not?

I'm still confused among AoD, DH and now this. Why? What makes each other different? And why have three games to exploit, in one way or another, the engine's potential?

Eh, not?

I'm still confused among AoD, DH and now this. Why? What makes each other different? And why have three games to exploit, in one way or another, the engine's potential?

Hello;

AoD and DH are "stand alone" games; that means you need to have the game to play it. " Iron Cross" is an expansion, and you can play it with the HoI2 games, including AoD and DH.

We are seeing an embarrassment of riches this week - welcome to the Public Eye, Iron Cross! Al the best to those who are sailing her... ;)

It is by many people considered a superior engine and most of all: superior game. It is simply more polished and attractive in many ways.

HoI2 is damn boring in MP due to lack of provinces. HoI3 is awesome in MP.
The EU2 engine is outdated and a deadend, technically. The EU3 engine is much more modding friendly, especially when it comes to the map.

the reason so many hoi2 games come out is rather simple, though: You can only license the EU2 engine, not the EU3 one. unless they changed that.

Heh, my main gripe with HoI3 is that it's soulless and some mechanics, like research, really annoy me.

The map looks really impressive, hope to hear more about the research tree and events. :)

Hello;

AoD and DH are "stand alone" games; that means you need to have the game to play it. " Iron Cross" is an expansion, and you can play it with the HoI2 games, including AoD and DH.

stand-alone
adj
(Electronics & Computer Science / Computer Science) Computing (of a device or system) capable of operating independently of any other device or system

So wait. That post is impossible to decipher.

Are you saying you DON'T need to have the game (in this case, HoI2) to play it ?
Or, are you saying that Iron Cross is an expansion for HoI2, AoD and DH (how does that work anyways) ?

stand-alone
adj
(Electronics & Computer Science / Computer Science) Computing (of a device or system) capable of operating independently of any other device or system

So wait. That post is impossible to decipher.

Are you saying you DON'T need to have the game (in this case, HoI2) to play it ?
Or, are you saying that Iron Cross is an expansion for HoI2, AoD and DH (how does that work anyways) ?
What canarias says is that to play AoD and DH you just need the game (in this case AoD or DH ... not HOI2).
Iron Cross is a HOI2:Armageddon expansion also compatible with AoD and DH.

Can you be a little bit more precise?
what are you confused about? :)

How are you making it compatible to all games ? Don't all have different mechanics ? Unless you're going to release several versions.

I'm also puzzled at how you're making it compatible to DH, are you guys working together ?