Paradox Interactive announce Iron Cross and Darkest Hour!
If you havenīt read the news already?
Paradox Interactive announce Iron Cross and Darkest Hour! The next two independently developed Europa Engine projects unveiled
NEW YORK – September 14, 2010 – Paradox Interactive has today released details on the next two externally developed titles to be released under the “Europa Engine projects” label; Iron Cross and Darkest Hour.
Developed by a team of experienced modders from the Paradox forum, Darkest Hour is a stand-alone Hearts of Iron II game featuring a mixture of short and in-depth campaigns set across the darkest chapters of the 20th century, from the outbreak of the Great War up to the onset of the Cold War. Darkest Hour will introduce a new artificial intelligence that is now able to react to hundreds of different situations simultaneously, along with a dynamic diplomatic system that will allow the player to have a real impact on the course of history.
Main Features – Darkest Hour
- Play different campaigns from the onset of the Great War to the outbreak of the Cold War
- Brand new game map redesigned for improved detail on both a strategic and tactical level
- Unprecedented diplomatic system that gives the player a real impact on the course of events
- New artificial intelligence system that is now able to react to hundreds of different situations simultaneously
Developed by Irshappa, Iron Cross is an expansion for the Grand Strategy game Hearts of Iron II introducing a completely overhauled map with 4,000 new provinces, fresh scenarios as well an extended playtime of 1933 to 1964. New units and brigades, thousands of historical events, improved AI and an impressive new technology tree will ensure that Iron Cross elevates the Hearts of Iron II playing experience to unprecedented heights.
Main Features – Iron Cross:
- Play as any one of over 200 nations from 1933 to 1964
- New game map with more than 4,000 new provinces
- Over 6,000 new events
- Technology tree with a realistic research system across 800 technologies
- New units and brigades including special forces, infantry and heavy artillery
- Improved AI with greater depth and more options
- Will be compatible with Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon, Arsenal of Democracy and Darkest Hour.
Iron Cross and Darkest Hour are both digital download releases only with releases scheduled late Q4, 2010 – Q1, 2011.
Everything you wanted to know about the Europa Engine projects:
Europa Engine projects are independently developed games using Paradox Interactive’s proprietary Europa Engine, giving small development teams access to one of the best and most powerful Strategy game engines in the industry. The Europa Engine powered such internally developed titles as Europa Universalis, Europa Universalis II, Victoria I, Hearts of Iron and Hearts of Iron II, with the first independently developed external projects being For The Glory and Arsenal of Democracy. Forthcoming Europa Engine projects include Iron Cross and Darkest Hour.