+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Flags] Flags of Fascism

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III Collection
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

I think the problem with the swedish flag is the blue space between the horizontal and vertical yellow stripes, it makes it look too much like Norway, i dont see why a swedish facist government would want to change their flag to resemble norweigan pattenrs :P

Having it as the simple original swedish flag, but just with the circle added, might be a more reasonable flag.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Baleur View Post
    I think the problem with the swedish flag is the blue space between the horizontal and vertical yellow stripes, it makes it look too much like Norway, i dont see why a swedish facist government would want to change their flag to resemble norweigan pattenrs :P

Having it as the simple original swedish flag, but just with the circle added, might be a more reasonable flag.

As such?
    Graphic Designer on the Elder Kings Dev Team

"If you are the Sultan, come and lead your armies. If I am the Sultan I hereby order you to come and lead my armies" Mehmed II to his father and former Sultan; Murad II, before the Battle of Varna

Quote Originally Posted by Cainrae View Post
    I've updated the flag list.

The German flag has been fixed and replaced with a totally new design, feedback is appreciated.

I've gone with the 1'st Swedish flag of custom design, atleast for now, feedback is appreciated.

Two new russian flags! One with a bear and the other without, which is best? I found the Black-Red-White colors to be perfect for a fascist russian flag.

I've had the same thought myself, however, the Chinese are not reknown to have had many flags in their modern times, it's more of a western thing. I'll work on finding a new flag. Worst case scenario is that i will make a custom one
    THE BEAR IS AWESOME!!!!! Keep the bear.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengoku
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Järnblomma View Post
    The Russian one looks good. But are there no fascist symbols in Russia? What does the Russian Fascists use today? If not, it is a very good flag. =)

The Brazil one works, but why an Epsilon?

Also, for the German one, I like it. Maybe an inclusion of an Eisenkreuz would work? Otherwise it looks a slight bit too close to the Danish flag. Maybe the German War flag? Like this http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._1871-1892.svg

Slight variations I think, but otherwise.
    It's a sigma, symbol of Integralist movement, only significant fascist movement in Brasil that existed (and some few individuals still cling to it in very small and disorganised groups with zero influence)It was a mix of fascism with portuguese integralism which added an element of extreme catholicism to it.

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by TheConqueror View Post
    It's a sigma, symbol of Integralist movement, only significant fascist movement in Brasil that existed (and some few individuals still cling to it in very small and disorganised groups with zero influence)It was a mix of fascism with portuguese integralism which added an element of extreme catholicism to it.
    Yes, I found out a short time after making that statement. =)
    ...A flower of iron, a flower of death, beautiful, unbendable and deadly.

So first you announce Crusader Kings 2, then a game with Crusader Kings elements set in feudal Japan. Why not just go the whole hog and give away a rock of Paradox brand crack with every pre order?
    -Philios82

The Guardian of Divergences Athalcor's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDungeonlandEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    Sword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k clubTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    Europa Universalis IVCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic

Here are some flags of fascist groups in Russia:

A Swedish one:
    All Hail Britannia - a V2 AAR - awarded the Weekly AAR Showcase on 6/15/14, came 2nd in the 2014 Q2 ACAs.

I want you to vote in the Q3 2014 ACAs! Make your favourite AARers bathe in your votes!

My two other shamefully abandoned AARs...(there is also a third one hiding in the corners of the V2 AARland, not even worth linking)

US Secretary of Awesome Yuri_Kenobi's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Maybe it's about time you uploaded this pack?

Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

0.5 has been released. Download link is available in original post!

I'll continue to update this when i come up with more idea's for the flags.

- Cain

"If you are the Sultan, come and lead your armies. If I am the Sultan I hereby order you to come and lead my armies" Mehmed II to his father and former Sultan; Murad II, before the Battle of Varna

Suggestion for a Fascist China:

It's entirely fictional but holds some elements which were historical, such as the text which reads: "Peace, Anti-Communism, National Construction" The dragon itself is the former Coat of Arms for the Qing Dynasty.

Also, an alternate Russian flag if people are more keen on that (It's a bit darker):

For The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Suggestion for a Fascist China:

[IMG]China[/IMG]

It's entirely fictional but holds some elements which were historical, such as the text which reads: "Peace, Anti-Communism, National Construction" The dragon itself is the former Coat of Arms for the Qing Dynasty.

Also, an alternate Russian flag if people are more keen on that (It's a bit darker):

[IMG]Russia[/IMG]
    I like them. Still, these seem more fitting with royalist factions...

So first you announce Crusader Kings 2, then a game with Crusader Kings elements set in feudal Japan. Why not just go the whole hog and give away a rock of Paradox brand crack with every pre order?
    -Philios82

Sword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k clubTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    Europa Universalis IVCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic

The flags are good but I found the Russian one some time ago in AH.com and tried to implement it but it is simply too dark and when it is cropped to 93/64 it is not as awesome as it was before...
    All Hail Britannia - a V2 AAR - awarded the Weekly AAR Showcase on 6/15/14, came 2nd in the 2014 Q2 ACAs.

I want you to vote in the Q3 2014 ACAs! Make your favourite AARers bathe in your votes!

My two other shamefully abandoned AARs...(there is also a third one hiding in the corners of the V2 AARland, not even worth linking)

Quote Originally Posted by Järnblomma View Post
    I like them. Still, these seem more fitting with royalist factions...
    The Russian one i agree with you on. The Chinese however can go both ways. The dragon is a national symbol and writing is that of the fascist puppet state.

The Russian one i agree with you on. The Chinese however can go both ways. The dragon is a national symbol and writing is that of the fascist puppet state.
    Yeah, I agree. Though I am still in favor of the Nationalist governments flag as I think one can fairly call Chiang Kai-sheks regime a fascist state.
    But yes, that flag certainly works as well, maybe even better. There are, after all, some argument about how fascist the state was.

-Philios82

Thanks for the feedback Any opinions on the Austria, German and Prussia? I'd like to know what i can do better and what can be changed! Thanks!

- Cain

The Austrian is good. My only beef with it is that it looks a ta complicated and the fascists seem to have tended to easy symbolic. Yet, that is not a particularily big and bloody beef and I find it working splendidly.
    The Prussian one is a tad too royalistic and slightly too similar to the regular acording to me. Otherwise I like it as well and fully support it's entry into this mini-mod.
    I love the German one. Really love it. It's clearly not just a changed Swastika and works very well as a alternate history fascist Germany. It feels believable that a fascist flag for the German state might have looked like that. Good choice, good work.

-Philios82

Any suggestions on how to improve the Prussian flag? The Prussian Freistat (which is the closest you get to a real-life fascist prussia) is the one already in the game and i felt it was a bit too similar to the original flag.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Russian Flag features symbol of United Russia party (current ruling party in Russia) which makes it kind of lame for someone who knows it. Because it is an extremely lame party. Proof:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ussia_logo.png

Quote Originally Posted by katzen-kratzen View Post
    Russian Flag features symbol of United Russia party (current ruling party in Russia) which makes it kind of lame for someone who knows it. Because it is an extremely lame party. Proof:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ussia_logo.png
    I think that the name United Russia is a bit fascist. But I still like the National Bolsheviks' logo much more.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Athalcor View Post
    I think that the name United Russia is a bit fascist. But I still like the National Bolsheviks' logo much more.
    United Russia sounds too modern to me. IMO, the name sounds like it originated as a result of the fall of the Soviet Union, and a party with such a name seeks to restore the former republics under Russian rule.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast