+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: The Adventures of King Radama

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLeviathan: WarshipsMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiThe Showdown Effect
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Of course...since poor farmers aren't allowed to vote anyway he probably hadn't encountered this situation before...Oh! Voter Fraud! He was a Felon! Okay. Conscience clear!
    I checked and saw that, indeed, the game refers to the poor soul as a farmer. Sometimes the game really does hand the gems over on a silver platter (if you are looking out for them).

Here's hoping that your adventures in Ethiopia go better than those in Zulu. Perhaps there are some Italians who can give you some advice...

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Blog Entries
    Could the glass-bottomed boats be a sign of Madagascar's scientific advancement. An early method of detecting the (not yet properly invented) submarine? Very cunning of them.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisRise of Prussia
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Murmurandus View Post
    Ethiopia, Zulu, nobody cares as long as they're conquered! Oh, and maybe glass hulls are demoralising, let's see after next update!
    I don't know how you can demoralize the Madagascarian Army...if not paying them anything for 20 years doesn't do it, nothing will!

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzhang (譚張) View Post
    Damn... I was hoping you'd get even with the Zulus.
    They're still on the hit list...you know...assuming Britain implodes or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Enewald View Post
    Huh, why so many religions on your isle?
    Kill the heathens, assimilate them.
    I don't know why, but the Catholics are spreading like hotcakes (is that right?). I wanted good upstanding Protestants, but whatever...medical experiments are useful too.

Quote Originally Posted by aldriq View Post
    Just make sure you put enough men in the boat this time, Ethiopia starts with 9 brigades, and plenty of mountains to welcome you in...
    They did start with 9 brigades, but that big chunk of Ethiopia in Egypt's hands tells me this may be easier than I could hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Stuyvesant View Post
    I checked and saw that, indeed, the game refers to the poor soul as a farmer. Sometimes the game really does hand the gems over on a silver platter (if you are looking out for them).

Here's hoping that your adventures in Ethiopia go better than those in Zulu. Perhaps there are some Italians who can give you some advice...
    The Italians said to wait for the Ethiopian Army to be destroyed by someone else, then jump them!

Quote Originally Posted by Alfredian View Post
    Could the glass-bottomed boats be a sign of Madagascar's scientific advancement. An early method of detecting the (not yet properly invented) submarine? Very cunning of them.
    Madagascar: Land of Innovation!

Quote Originally Posted by Morsky View Post
    A bold move indeed. Perhaps King Radama will take the place of Ras Tafari a hundred years down the line. His Majesty certainly rules as if inspired by copious amounts of da herb.
    And the capitalists can build a Cheetos factory! We'll be rich!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisRise of Prussia
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham

Blog Entries

1858-1860: A Happy Day At The Imperial Hovel

1858 - 1860

Well, I can see that Ethiopia has about 6,000 men under arms and...GLEE! I was just going to humiliate them, but we can get a full on COLONY out of this!

Just to be safe, I sent another division into Ethiopia.

And then a third one, pushing the invasion force to 18,000.

Which prompts the Ethiopian Army to abandon its well thought out defensive plan of "sitting around playing cards" and instead switch tactics to "kill the invaders with guns, or in our case pointy sticks since all we have are 6,000 irregulars."

Really, neither strategy was particularly effective.

So we got our first colony. All Hail King Radama, ruler of the Empire of Madagascar!

And now that we are a Colonial Powerhouse, just like our Westernized Idols, we get to engage in the great Western Passtime of killing unruly natives with guns!

How very proper!

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Let's hope all these imperial titles are not affecting King Radama's good judgement... Like going for Egypt for the title of pharaoh...
    On-hold: Mamma Mia! The AAR
    Completed: Europe is our dancefloor | The Shortest Road to Damascus | No Iron, One Lion, Maybe Zion
    Tintero

The July AARlander is out now, no excuse not to read it: Thread | PDF | iBooks

Argentina Delenda Est Tanzhang (譚張)'s Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossMarch of the EaglesVictoria: Revolutions
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Refusing to Play Between Dream and Reality...
    It's kinda ironic you're first colony is landlocked and in the middle of nowhere, no? Go after Sokoto next!
    Loyal we Began, Loyal we Remain: A History of the British Empire After the Great War
    A New Canadian Kaiserreich AAR for Darkest Hour [KR 1.5]
    Winner of: AARland Choice Awards Q1 2014

From Eagle to Phoenix: The Rebirth of the Roman Republic
    A New Roman Republic AAR for Europa Universalis IV
    Winner of: WritAAR of the Week: 08/09/2013, Weekly AAR Showcase: 13/10/2013, Best Character Writer of the Week 01/12/2013, AARland Choice Awards: Q3/4 2013

- I was Fan of the Week: 01/01/2012 and 26/05/2013 and WritAAR of the Year: 2013 ~ Proud recipient of two Kenshin Cookies ~
    - ~ More AARs avaliable at my Inkwell! (硯臺) ~ -

Crusader for Fun and Profit Murmurandus's Avatar
    200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Meerhout, Flanders, Belgium - Born in Brugge;)
    Blog Entries
    Huzzah! Praise the Lord! God save the King! Rule Madagascar, Madagascar rules the waves! Etc. etc.
    "May the Earth tremble with Beer... euh, Fear"

"Never change a winning avatar..."

"Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes."

Ubisoft EUII 1.09 ~ Strategy First Victoria 1.04 ~ Paradox CK Deus Vult ~ Paradox HoI2 Doomsday ~ Paradox EUIII Complete ~ Paradox EU: Rome Gold

Currently being a loser in Hattrick as FC MMDS (316966) as you could read here .

53 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaEUIV: Art of War

Yay, you are no longer the worst country!
    Or maybe you are since you did annex the worst country...

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLeviathan: WarshipsMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiThe Showdown Effect
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Maybe you should call it quits now: surely this is the closest to perfection that Madagascar ever gets? A successful invasion, resulting in actual colonial conquest (albeit, as noted, a landlocked dump in the middle of nowhere), a fun colonial uprising... It all has to be downhill from here, all the way (all two inches of it) down to the bottom, right?

I enjoyed the tone of this update, especially the discussion of Ethiopian military strategy.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Blog Entries
    This almost matches the description of an ideal colonial war from the 4th series of Blackadder. I hope those Eithiopians were not armed with anything more than sharpened fruit.

The Guardian of Divergences Athalcor's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDungeonlandEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    Sword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k clubTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    Europa Universalis IVCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic

I just read whole this and also some pieces of Crovans ( I found you through your Vicky2 mod question ) and I had to add you to my personal list of Best AAR writers ever!
    Last edited by Athalcor; 22-10-2010 at 23:29.
    All Hail Britannia - a V2 AAR - awarded the Weekly AAR Showcase on 6/15/14, came 2nd in the 2014 Q2 ACAs.

I want you to vote in the Q3 2014 ACAs! Make your favourite AARers bathe in your votes!

My two other shamefully abandoned AARs...(there is also a third one hiding in the corners of the V2 AARland, not even worth linking)

Honourable Saxon Thegn AlexanderPrimus's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Rome

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred Packer View Post
    And a target for our first Colonial War! The Zulu. They are not only very close, but armed with spears, while we have actual guns. The prestige gains will help us on the path to Westernization. Plus, next time I sit down with the British Ambassador, we can have Western conversations like

“So, how is your colonial war going?"
    "Great, so far we have killed many natives with our guns, while they only have spears!”
    “How prestigious!”
    Then we will have a sherry. Or maybe tea.
    So this is where you've been hiding, Alfred old boy!
    A thoroughly amusing AAR you've got going here. I especially enjoyed the part quoted above. Radama has obviously never seen the likes of this!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    It's good so far, I hope it get's updated again real soon!

Argentina Delenda Est Tanzhang (譚張)'s Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossMarch of the EaglesVictoria: Revolutions
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Refusing to Play Between Dream and Reality...
    I certainly hope you're not abandoning this Alfred, not before King Radama gets his hands on some Protestant Fascist Japanese Proletarians at least...
    Loyal we Began, Loyal we Remain: A History of the British Empire After the Great War
    A New Canadian Kaiserreich AAR for Darkest Hour [KR 1.5]
    Winner of: AARland Choice Awards Q1 2014

From Eagle to Phoenix: The Rebirth of the Roman Republic
    A New Roman Republic AAR for Europa Universalis IV
    Winner of: WritAAR of the Week: 08/09/2013, Weekly AAR Showcase: 13/10/2013, Best Character Writer of the Week 01/12/2013, AARland Choice Awards: Q3/4 2013

- I was Fan of the Week: 01/01/2012 and 26/05/2013 and WritAAR of the Year: 2013 ~ Proud recipient of two Kenshin Cookies ~
    - ~ More AARs avaliable at my Inkwell! (硯臺) ~ -

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

How could I have missed this AAR? And it's by the great Alfred Packer, to boot! I just stumbled on this while compiling the V2 librAARy, and had a very amusing 15minutes on this lovely Friday afternoon. My personal favourite line was

Huh. It seems they do, in fact, have a Royal Navy. And an Ammunition Budget.
    Comedy gold! And the civilised ambassador talk on killing off natives armed with spears, and then drinking sherry was grand as well. A pity you seemed to have stopped updating, with westernisation peeking round the corner(?)

Anyhow, thanks for a great read, and some amusing minutes. You have a gift, sir, a gift of always bringing a smile on my face when I read your AARs. And smiles are a wonderful thing to gift to others.
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4