+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to install a mod?

How to install a mod?

Sorry about the dumb question (I swear I searched the forums for the answer) but how do you install a mod to Victoria 2?

Do you just drop it in the mods folder?

Thanks

Moddir, the mod switcher isn't working properly, so you need to overwrite the vanilla files, normally you want to make a back up installation. For instance, I have around 5 different installations.
    I think, there is also a tool somewhere to flip one installation back and forth, not sure of the name though.
    Let's try the pointy explody thing.
    Missiles, they're called missiles.

Art - Games - History Alexspeed's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur IIThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    The most mods also have a readme file that gives directions, and in the posting of the mod the first post or one of the following normally also contain an overview with a "how to use" section.
    Platypus rutilus, in hoc signo vinces - In honorem Paradox!
    Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign for a diseased mind! – Terry Pratchett
    ----------- -----------
    Alexspeed´s MIP - Map Improvment Package and Untransparent Map Mod for Victoria 2.
    Alexspeed´s Canvas Worldmap, SexiiColours Intense and Clear Map Overlay for Victoria 2.

Mount & Blade Custom Flag Tutorial - Alexspeed´s Victoria 2 Wallpapers and Loadscreens & Wallpapers for EU3

Member of The Iconians Club 50 and the 200k Club - - Proud Owner of the SAS Award for Forum Dedication.
    My finished Victoria 2 AAR Contest - My AwAARds: Fan of the Week: 7-Nov-2010

It depends on the mod. Read the post you downloaded the mod from, or any "readme" or similar file in the zip.

If the mod uses the mod directory then the zip will contain a .mod file and a directory of the same base name (e.g. the V2I2 mod contains a file V2I2.mod and a directory V2I2) these are both unzipped to the mod directory.
    Other mods are installed over the game files, or use a special utility.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    King Arthur IIThe Kings CrusadeMagickaSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband

Use this

If the mod adds new flags, you will need to go into the vanilla files and delete the flag cahe. Their are five of these files, each one is in the gfx/flags directory, if you sort the files by largest to smallest, they will be the five on top. Also, if you ever want to play the vanilla game again after deactivating the mod, you will need to re-delete these flag cache files, so that the original ones are re-generated.

How to mod the files

I tried to change some of the CB types but being told Access denied when trying to save. Help anybody? Am tryign to double the prestige impact of losing a prestige war in same culture zone.

run it as administrator

Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Sorry but this thread doesn't actually explain how you can simply add the mod you created in the mod folder. How do you have the mod you created which is in the mod folder, show up in the launcher? If you can just copy paste from other posts instead of directing me to it, would be super awesome (google search always finds this post so any help here should help a bunch )

Thanks!
    I hope they don't see me

Help

I need your help, I'm trying to download the African tribe mod using winrar and i extract it to Victoria 2 it dosent show up in the mod at the startup menu and i tried the same thing but in the mod file PLEASE HELP. Btw Imm From the Amhar tribe of Ethiopia Trying to look forward to playing [/QUOTE]

Did you put the .mod file in the folder with it?

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club

I have the same problem as several other people in here. I followed the directions given for the mod, which instructs to unzip into the mod folder and be sure the .mod file is there, yet... no option on the launcher. Any help would be greatly appreciated. No readme but the mod posting is very good, so I don't know what else to say? Thank you!

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club

Quote Originally Posted by MrMiyagi10301 View Post
    I have the same problem as several other people in here. I followed the directions given for the mod, which instructs to unzip into the mod folder and be sure the .mod file is there, yet... no option on the launcher. Any help would be greatly appreciated. No readme but the mod posting is very good, so I don't know what else to say? Thank you!
    Lol Okay apparently I'm a complete and utter nincompoop! So, after watching a video of 'how to install a mod on V2', there is a *launcher*, and what I guess is the start screen / main menu. After *so* many game sessions I just kept clicking that Play button, without noticing the small font "NNM mod" with the box to check it. Sigh... so maybe that will help others I hope.

+ Reply to Thread