• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good to see Ethiopia enjoying some peaceful time to industrialise quite considerably. Well, peaceful except for a quick land grab! Hopefully some colonisation coupled with military conquest alongside the industrialisation can get you into the Great Power rankings. Good stuff regardless, and I do like that China is quickly becoming the world's superpower, it makes for a more interesting game.

Have you considered taking Libya as a stepping stone for an invasion of the Italian peninsular? You would get St Mark's Lion, the Successor to Zion and plenty of iron(y).

Good going with the industrialisation - keep it up and you should make GP status fairly easily. If you're still playing 1.1 (and I assume you are as you started back before 1.2 came out and I don't think it's save compatible), then you can just constantly host trade fairs for a quick prestige boost to get you up the rankings.

Are you in anyone's SoI at the moment? Your POP needs pie charts look like when I was a spheree of Great Britain, which sucked up all my production.

Let the Italian Invasion commence!

Interesting see an Ethiopian power like this. You could probably bump the Ottomans off the list fairly easily with a humiliating war or two.

Keep it up, very cool AAR.

Looking excellent! I really enjoyed watching Egypt hand itself to you on a plate! It must be a very changed world with a Chinese great power in Asia and Ethiopian secondary power in Africa. Poor Europeans! Taking Libya from the Ottomans seems like a worthy goal, but I wonder if you're ready for a war with them just yet...
What about Madagascar? They have juicy sandalwood (as if you needed any more - is it as profitable in V2 as it was in V1?) but also some coal.

I applaud this AAR. Ethiopia is a favourite of mine in most Paradox games and you sure are doing it justice.

Annexing Egypt feels a bit odd though. Especially when it includes Palestine and Syria... :wacko:

In any case, keep at it!

Excellent work my dear fellow.

The first Victoria (2) AAR I am actively following, and it's a fine read. Keep it up! Victoria 2 sounds like a fascinating game, but is it not finished very quickly? It runs from 1815 to 1914 or such, right?

The first Victoria (2) AAR I am actively following, and it's a fine read. Keep it up! Victoria 2 sounds like a fascinating game, but is it not finished very quickly? It runs from 1815 to 1914 or such, right?

Not right :)
Runs from 1836 to 1936

I like this AAR. I also like the enormous beast that is China, and I really hope that there will be a fight between them and UK. What a fight that would be...
Anyway, keep it up!

I like this AAR. I also like the enormous beast that is China, and I really hope that there will be a fight between them and UK. What a fight that would be...

Seeing China demand Burma from the British and go on a rampage in India would be a refreshing change, normally in my games it's the other way around!