• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Denmark is an oligarchy with 5 capitalist who have 22m citizens, living where?
And where has France that mass of population?

And how about the Uruguayan slaves?! France has a big chunk of Germany, but even so... Population growth needs toning down.

Wow.. I love the end game stats. Always different and always a little bit of crazy injected. 17M officers and almost 50M clergy.. UK monster. I really do wonder what they are going to do to that beast come 1.3 and whatever comes after that 1.4 or an expansion. Congratulations again on your African adventure aldriq!

I'd like to see aldriq use the savegame converter and go to HoI3. If it's out already :3

Great AAR, very enjoyable. Nice wrap-up in the end. :)

A comprehensive end to a well-played and -written AAR. Congratulations on the recent award as well. Looking forward to your next adventure!

Great work and very inspiring. I never tried much beyond Denmark and Russia, so seeing Ethiopia do so well is pretty crazy.

A well-deserved top 5 finish. I don't think there's any way you could come first as Ethiopia, particularly as you can't really influence (read: impede) the UK's progress until relatively late on. I wonder if 1.3 will nerf the UK to the point that it might actually be fun to play as it.

A well-deserved top 5 finish. I don't think there's any way you could come first as Ethiopia, particularly as you can't really influence (read: impede) the UK's progress until relatively late on. I wonder if 1.3 will nerf the UK to the point that it might actually be fun to play as it.

i find that quite improbable once you consider that the UK really Was that massively powerful in that era. well, over all compaired to everyone else, and maybe not so much right at the end, anyway.

i find that quite improbable once you consider that the UK really Was that massively powerful in that era. well, over all compaired to everyone else, and maybe not so much right at the end, anyway.

True, but it was above all an industrial, financial and naval power. The British army was never seen as a major player in continental Europe in the same way as France, Russia or Germany were. In the current version of V2 the UK is generally the leading power in everything (although I have beaten it on prestige).

This is rather late (due to accursed net problems!) but I have to say congratulations on a truly superb AAR. It is a pity the war with Spain did not go slightly better in order to allow both provinces to be gained, but it is still a remarkable achievement to have turned Ethiopia into a prosperous fifth ranked world power. I'm very much looking forward to any possible further V2 AAR from yourself, and to the next Mamma Mia update!

Kaltorak - thanks! I agree, the UK figures are mad - 'a little bit of crazy' is a typically British understatement... :)

gabor - Thank you for sticking around till the end in a non-EU AAR :)

Bonecracker(NL) - I'm afraid HoI is not my thing... but you are welcome to have the save if you want! I'd gladly follow a continuation AAR!

Tanzhang (譚張) - Indeed, make those Italians learn who's the real Emperor :D

Malurous - Thank you! Any plans to take Inca to the V2 era yet? ;)

AllmyJames - Thanks! It's been a pleasure both to play V2 (OK, minus the rebel bits) and to write the AAR.

RGB - Thank you! Although as Brandenburg III has pointed out before, in 1.1 at least playing a uncivs seems easier than playing civ counterparts...

Dewirix - Thanks! I fear we are placing far too many hopes in 1.3... :rolleyes:

Chargone - True, but it should be at least possible for the US, France and Germany to surpass the UK late game, as Dewirix says.

morningSIDEr - Thank you! You shall be rewarded [size=-2]but the terms and conditions don't specify when...[/size]

Malurous - not quite badger_ken's Bikini Girls with machine Guns, though :rofl:

Thanks everybody for the great support, and for making this such an -unexpectedly- successful AAR!

Malurous - Thank you! Any plans to take Inca to the V2 era yet? ;)

Well, yes in the sense that MEIOU lasts until 1856. :D Other than that, I imagine it would be next to impossible to convert... And besides, I still have nearly three centuries to work with in EU III. ;)

Haha I've just read this whole thing in one sitting :D inspired me try them out and focus on a pan-african ampire lol thanks for the great AAR!

Congratulations on this AAR! I got here from Rensslaer's Siam AAR, of course - it shows up along with his on Google searches.

I only wish I'd seen this while it was ongoing. I've got so many things to comment on, but I'll just mention a few.

Those wars with Russia and Spain were vicious. The body counts alone would have made me back out if I were in your place. Only in Victoria can we have battles where one side loses 7000 men and the other side loses 77000, and that side wins.

1.1 seems to have much higher prestige gain and population growth. On the other hand, the GPs don't expand their industry so aggressively.

In 1.2, population growth and prestige growth have both been reduced (I don't think the entire land area covered by your empire has even fifty million people in my games). No luck on nerfing the UK though. In one of my games, it's the turn of the century and the UK has an industry score of 30000.

I am also impressed at how many technologies you researched with only 27% literacy and TWO Philosophy techs researched. Research speed must really have been nerfed in 1.2.

Last edited:
Well, yes in the sense that MEIOU lasts until 1856. :D Other than that, I imagine it would be next to impossible to convert... And besides, I still have nearly three centuries to work with in EU III. ;)

True... and by then you should have conquered the world anyway :D

Haha I've just read this whole thing in one sitting :D inspired me try them out and focus on a pan-african ampire lol thanks for the great AAR!

Thank you! Glad it gave you some inspiration, I hope your African adventures turned out well.

Congratulations on this AAR! I got here from Rensslaer's Siam AAR, of course - it shows up along with his on Google searches.

I only wish I'd seen this while it was ongoing. I've got so many things to comment on, but I'll just mention a few.

Thanks! Luckily it's never too late to read an AAR :)

Black Watch said:
Those wars with Russian and Spain were vicious. The body counts alone would have made me back out if I were in your place. Only in Victoria can we have battles where one side loses 7000 men and the other side loses 77000, and that side wins.

The game certainly has a very WWI approach to casualties...

Black Watch said:
1.1 seems to have much higher prestige gain and population growth. On the other hand, the GPs don't expand their industry so aggressively.

Except the UK :rolleyes:

Black Watch said:
In 1.2, population growth and prestige growth have both been reduced (I don't think the entire land area covered by your empire has even fifty million people in my games). No luck on nerfing the UK though. In one of my games, it's the turn of the century and the UK has an industry score of 30000.

Insane, the UK gets off the scale.

Black Watch said:
I am also impressed at how many technologies you researched with only 27% literacy and TWO Philosophy techs researched. Research speed must really have been nerfed in 1.2.

I believe so, and it is fair, playing uncivs in 1.1 is too easy :)