+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [COUNTRY] Western European minorities and revolters

[COUNTRY] Western European minorities and revolters

FEATURES:
    *Isle of Man and the Channel Islands start 1836 campaign as UK satellites.
    *Wales, Brittany, Cornwall, Occitania, Corsica, Galicia, Asturias, Léon, Basqueland, Iceland, Greenland, Malta, Madeiras,
    Saarland, Rhineland, Ontario, Trinidad, Puerto Rico and Jamaica may declare independence.
    *Celtic Union tag added.
    *Western European cultures drastically overhauled, a dozen new cultures added and primary/accepted cultures edited.
    *Over 50 unique real-life political parties for new countries.
    *Full flag set for every new country.

Upon release of the game I was surprised to see the lack of revolter options in France and the British Isles, compared to say, the Austrian Empire. Plus, why on earth are the Ionian Islands crown dependencies but not the Isle of Man, a CD since the 18th century? Hence, the French/British revolter mod. Feel free to give any polite and constructive suggestions if there's something in this mod that is broken. Also, feel free to use these country files in any larger country mods, just notify me first please.

Version 2.5 available as attachment below

Installation: Country mods are currently not working with Paradox's broken mod-system. Hence, you MUST use the Generic Mod Enabler or copy the files directly into the VicII directory. I suggest the first method. If you have a previous version of the mod (such as v1.0 o v1.1 etc) you will need to 1. remove the old mod with the Mod Enabler and 2. delete the old files in your mod folder. If you don't do this the flags files for newly-added countries in the new patches *might* be glitched.

Note that this is a work in progress. None of the currently available countries are 100% finished.

MOD COMBINATIONS:

These country and flag files will also be available in the [[New Nations]] mod. However the edited cultures will not be included in New Nations until possibly a later date, hence until then this thread will most likely still include updates as a semi-independent sub-mod.

The [[VIC mod]] also includes this mod (usually a slightly older version), with cultures included.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Evil Weasel; 03-03-2011 at 07:58.

Future?
    *Irish OPMs added as revolters?
    *Andalusia added as revolter
    *Geographic changes

Included in beta 2.5
    *Saarland added as a revolter
    *Rhineland added as a revolter
    *Upper Canada/Ontario added as a revolter
    *Jamaica added as a revolter
    *Puerto Rico added as a revolter
    *Trinidad & Tobago added as a revolter
    *Isle of Man and Jersey-Guernsey now start with small garissons and will no longer instantly fall to rebels.
    *Various flags de-uglified (most drastically, Cornwall's monarchy flag and IOM's communist flag)
    *Some political party names changed and typos fixed
    *Some default flags changed
    Included in beta 2.4:
    *Madeiras added as revolter
    *Celtic Union Tag added
    *Cornwall's broken political parties fixed
    *Liberal parties for new countries will no longer mysteriously disappear in the 1850s
    Included in beta 2.3:
    *Malta added as a revolter, includes pseudo-historical flag set.
    *Corsica added as a revolter, includes semi-historical flag set.
    *Léon added as a revolter, includes historical flag set.
    *Fixed issue in which world political parties become horribly glitched.
    *Several dozen new political parties added for Cornwall, Corsica, Malta and others.
    *Western culture groups overhauled.
    *British pan-nats will no longer totally glitch IOM and Channel Islands.
    *Catholic native Irish will no longer become British pan-nationalists.
    *Localisation file is now separate and more easily moddable.
    Included in beta 2.2:
    *Iceland added as revolter, includes semi-historical flag set
    *Greenland added as revolter, includes pseudo-historical flag set
    Included in beta 2.1:
    *Fixed game-breaking issue in which France and Spain are in same culture group. French pan-nationalists no longer eat Spain.
    *Some Asturian and Galician flag changes.
    *Walloon now accepted in France, French now accepted in Belgium and Wallonia.
    *Dutch no longer accepted in Wallonia.

Included in beta 2.0:
    *New cultures added: Welsh, Cornish, Breton, Manx, Old Norman, Occitan, Pan-Scottish, Galicio-Asturian
    *British culture renamed English.
    *UK, France and Spain accepted cultures modified
    *Culture-specific general names
    *Galicia and Asturias added as revolters, includes semi-historical flag sets
    *Fixed some "noculture" bugs
    *Wales and Cornwall no longer have BritishGC units
    *Brittany no longer has FrenchGC units
    *Stirling province now in Highlands region, Dundee province now in Lowlands region
    Included in alpha 1.1:
    *Jersey & Guernsey added to default 1836 scenario as satellite of the UK. Includes semi-historical flag set.
    *Occitania added as revolter. Includes historical flag set.
    *Basqueland added as revolter. Includes historical flag set.
    Included in alpha 1.0:
    *Isle of Man added to default 1836 scenario as a satellite of the UK. Includes historical flag set.
    *Wales added as a revolter. Includes historical flag set and unique political party names.
    *Brittany added as a revolter. Includes historical flag set and unique political party names.
    *Cornwall added as a revolter. Includes semi-historical flag set.

Flag Preview:

Last edited by Evil Weasel; 03-03-2011 at 07:55.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

So great to see a wales
    there is a New Nations Mod project working towards the same thing as this, many hands making light work and two people doing the same thing at the same time being halved results and stuff. So you know.
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=490034

Amazing work anyway! cool flags too!!
    Nationality: New Zealander
    Religion: Roman Catholic
    Ideology: Distributist
    Issues: Moralism/Full Citizenship
    How did some slip of a girlyboy from communist East Berlin become the internationally ignored song stylist barely standing before you?

Don't Press the O
    "There's nothing sicker in society
    Than a lack of liquor and sobriety!"

Ah thank's for the head's up, I didn't know that one existed. I'll try and talk to whoever's in charge over there.

Living in Devon I'd raise the point that it'd be better to split the 'Plymouth' province into 'Devon' and 'Cornwall'. Devon isn't really like Cornwall in this period or in modern day for that matter. It's a lot more anglicised and doesn't share the Cornish language (which interestingly is pretty much dead in the Vicky period). So having Devon revolting as part of Cornwall is rather strange and ahistorical.

Knew someone was going to bring that up, that's actually annoying me a bit too. Fact is I don't know how to mod provinces and that brings up a whole new can of worms. I'll keep that in mind but for now I'm leaving it as-is until I get higher priority stuff done.

(Note that culture is not based on language in VickyII)

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Weasel View Post
    Knew someone was going to bring that up, that's actually annoying me a bit too. Fact is I don't know how to mod provinces and that brings up a whole new can of worms. I'll keep that in mind but for now I'm leaving it as-is until I get higher priority stuff done.

(Note that culture is not based on language in VickyII)
    Indeed, just thought I'd bring it up as a bit of trivia for those reading the thread who may not know much about Cornish history. Might I suggest possibly adding a French Basque revolter aswell if you're thinking of doing another version. The area around Biarritz could be a French Basque nation with a union tag with Spanish Basques (not sure if they're in the game as I havn't played Spain).

D'oh yeah I should make a basque country- there isn't one in the game at all. Can't believe I didn't think of that.

Currently I'm thinking for alpha 1.1:

Occitania revolter (finished except for loc. files and flag glitches)
    One or two basque revolters
    Country-specific general names

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

How about Granada in Spain? Or Normandy in France?

An idea might be to add "Manx" as the primarily culture of the Isle of Man and name the state "Mann", opposed to it being attached to North West.

Well this is the UK/France revolter mod so, I dunno about Grenada. Maybe in the distant future.

Again, and province/state realignments will come later. I'm just focusing on country files right now but I will definetly consider making IOM and Channel Islands their own states.

------
    VERSION 1.1 NOW AVAILABLE
    For information check the first and second posts.

The Gwen ha Du, Brittany's flag, is actually semi-historical. It was "adopted" in 1923, and even today some complain that it is in reality Rennes's flag.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTaxman View Post
    How about Granada in Spain? Or Normandy in France?
    Normandy as a revolter would be really disturbing and unrealistic IMHO. Contrarily to Brittany, Normandy was fully French-speaking at that time and there has never been any real political and cultural movement for independency. It would be as relevant as Northumbria as a revolter.

Well "Normandy" has now been added...as Jersey & Guernsey, which will be partly of Old Norman culture in beta 2.0.

Art - Games - History Alexspeed's Avatar
    81 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur IIThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Well i actually didnt wanted to request anything, but now youre allready in spain...

so i might humbly ask if you would mod in the Kingdom of León in some way.

I know it dosent fit really well in the timeline, but i remember i had so much fun playing it in Crusader Kings (i think it was there, or EU2?) so if i had the chance to play it in V2 i would

I just like the flags of it

Platypus rutilus, in hoc signo vinces - In honorem Paradox!
    Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign for a diseased mind! – Terry Pratchett
    ----------- -----------
    Alexspeed´s MIP - Map Improvment Package and Untransparent Map Mod for Victoria 2.
    Alexspeed´s Canvas Worldmap, SexiiColours Intense and Clear Map Overlay for Victoria 2.

Mount & Blade Custom Flag Tutorial - Alexspeed´s Victoria 2 Wallpapers and Loadscreens & Wallpapers for EU3

Member of The Iconians Club 50 and the 200k Club - - Proud Owner of the SAS Award for Forum Dedication.
    My finished Victoria 2 AAR Contest - My AwAARds: Fan of the Week: 7-Nov-2010

Well the Kingdom of Leon is pretty much a no-go for this mod (I'm thinking realism). However that region (Galacia/Asturias) might just be distinct enough to make the cut as a 19th century revolter.

However, this is a France/Great Britain revolter mod so unfortunately that's kind of low priority. I'll keep it in mind though.

Art - Games - History Alexspeed's Avatar
    81 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur IIThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Thank you anyway, i might have to mod it myself then if i ever get finished with my map mods (that can take a while...)
    Platypus rutilus, in hoc signo vinces - In honorem Paradox!
    Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign for a diseased mind! – Terry Pratchett
    ----------- -----------
    Alexspeed´s MIP - Map Improvment Package and Untransparent Map Mod for Victoria 2.
    Alexspeed´s Canvas Worldmap, SexiiColours Intense and Clear Map Overlay for Victoria 2.

Mount & Blade Custom Flag Tutorial - Alexspeed´s Victoria 2 Wallpapers and Loadscreens & Wallpapers for EU3

Member of The Iconians Club 50 and the 200k Club - - Proud Owner of the SAS Award for Forum Dedication.
    My finished Victoria 2 AAR Contest - My AwAARds: Fan of the Week: 7-Nov-2010

Just a preview of beta 2.0, which will include unique cultures as well as a bonus assimilation/immigration tweak:

Benedìctus Deus in Sæcula Hardstuff's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2

No mention of Leinster?
    Credo in unum Deum, Patrem omnipoténtem, factórem cæli et terræ, visibílium ómnium et invisibílium. Et in unum Dóminum Iesum Christum, Fílium Dei Unigénitum.
    Dómine Fili Unigénite, Iesu Christe, miserére nobis - Gloria in excelsis Deo!
    O Sancta Maria, Mater Dei

Irish Regional Premier of An Comhtháthú Fionlannach-Ceilteach (Suomalais-Kelttiläinen liittokunta)
    "It will all be over by Christmas" - A Multiplayer World War One AAR, from a USA perspective.

Leinster? Gabh mo leisgeul for my forgetfullness, I will consider that too.

OK, version 2.0 is up with two new countries and completly overhauled western European cultures.

I really need to rename the title of this mod to Western European Minority Mod or something, it's gotten a little bigger than I expected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast