• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You should def continue in whatever form! This was one of my favourite EU3 AAR's. I would love to find out the faith of Talena, in whatever way you find most fitting. Im already exciting, EU3 is such a great game :D!

If I did, just for instance, a Vic 2 game...does anyone have suggestions on who I should play? I don't want the USA because the whole Civil War thing is badly bugged and not much of a challenge. Not the UK either, or Belgium since I've done those.

So ideally a European state but not one of those mentioned above.

Denmark

I liked Denmark when I went there last year.

However, I am going to stick to EU3 next time, I've decided, and try a new format...once which I hope will be much less...long. :p

OK, so the idea is that I will be following the rulers of England (and probably Great Britain) from 1399 onward, but chronicle their rule as if each was an exhibit at a museum...so there would be preserved letters, suits of armour, swords, and each of them would tell something about what happens - with a game picture attached also. The other thing I aim to do is give a summary of the ruler in a sort of text book style.

Anyway, does that sound interesting or worth doing? No time travelling though...probably. :p

That sounds like an interesting idea, if there is enough action in it! But I have to say that England might not be the most interesting country to do this for. It has been played many times. But well.. thats up to you :D!
Im still hoping for this AAR to continue as well!

OK, so the idea is that I will be following the rulers of England (and probably Great Britain) from 1399 onward, but chronicle their rule as if each was an exhibit at a museum...so there would be preserved letters, suits of armour, swords, and each of them would tell something about what happens - with a game picture attached also. The other thing I aim to do is give a summary of the ruler in a sort of text book style.

Anyway, does that sound interesting or worth doing? No time travelling though...probably. :p

Definitely sounds interesting. I'm mid-way through reading the Oxford History of England, so it should give me plenty of opportunity to nit-pick - er... I mean, make constructive suggestions.

Let's just hope you don't get a string of 3/3/3 leaders.

Unlike most AARs, that might be a good thing! Not everyone can be an Alfred or an Elizabeth!

Sounds interesting and I haven't read many England-AARs either, so that doesn't bother me.

If you get around to play a Vic2 game, a German or Italian state probably would be most fun, trying to unite their respective countrys.
Or Krakow doing the impossible :D

Haha, I'm nowhere good enough a player for that. :p

OK, so I've got the idea. However, it'll require me to play a long way ahead, and then write it, plus I'm on holiday next month, so it won't be quick, but I have been inspired to an idea.

I won't!

I start playing the game part tomorrow...and the writing will eventually follow on from there. :p

I won't!

I start playing the game part tomorrow...and the writing will eventually follow on from there. :p

Sounds good to me. If you get to 1821 you can always convert it into Vicky II. :)

Well, the mod I'll be using is up in my sig. I've run hands off tests several times, and I'm happy it'll work. So, onward and upward!

No time travelling though...probably. :p

Well, given the revelations about Lady Mendenhall, are we to assume that this one is over for good? I've just read all 40 pages in one sitting, though admittedly I was starting to flag once we entered the French era!

Oh wow, this is back!

Congrats on reading it all. Did you like it? What's your thoughts on the two styles?

I would like to continue this, showing how things change, and seeing how her Ladyship begins. It's a very weighty project though. I'm not sure I'll have time to continue it for a fair while. It is uppermost in my mind though as unfinished business!

Well, you have had it in your signature for ages and people kept mentioning Talena. :)

I think I preferred the realm-hopping Part One, especially as I realised that in Part Two, the world mentioned in The Grey Eminence was looking like it was starting to come true. I think the external onlooker (e.g. John Adams) is a better approach though.

800th post!

Yes, I agree in regards to an onlooker. That is the role that Angelique would play here.

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't do it in the same way this time. I have some ideas. I just need the time to play the game, collect the pics and write the updates.