• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Mr Sometimes: Yeah, not sure about any witch powers! :p She's got a gun, but it's only got a few rounds left!
Chicken: Damn straight!
morningSIDEr: Very true, though it won't be for some time. His father has a ways to go yet.
Boris: Yes, and it is something I regret.

Okay guys, my loyal readers. I think that as you can tell from the last chapter it's not going as well as I had hoped. The very trap I'd hoped to avoid is the one I've fallen into. 34 updates to go 16 years is rather excessive, perhaps. :p

Work and life have been busy, and I've not been playing EU3 much, being distracted. So, like in December, this AAR is put on hold until I have more time/energy to devote to it. Know that the AAR has reached 90,000 words which is really a massive undertaking. I had actually written a few more updates, but they were not up to my standards, so they will be rewritten.

In the first part I used a distinct style, and in this second part another. So in Part 3 there will be yet another style, which will hopefully move things along quicker yet as effectively.

Thank you to all my readers, and I hope that the Eternal Exile will return soon! :)

This is sad, but not totally unexpected, as the tempo of the story has really become slow. Which is only logical with the focus on storytelling, which I like.
Take care and hopefully you will be back again.

Understandable that you are taking a break although disappointing nonetheless as I always enjoy reading your updates. Still, looking forward to your return once you feel recharged and I am intrigued by the promise of a new style for part 3.

I love this AAR! The entire story is just breathtaking and I couldn't stop reading once I started. I really liked all the unexpected turns in the story.
I sure hope you will continue writing the intriguing story of Talena soon, once you're ready for it. I cannot wait!

Doh!

Well, take your time; enjoy the nicer weather. Come back to it when you can.

We're all slavering for an update, but patience is a skill that can always use some exercise. :D

What? Just when I finally caught up.
I understand...I can't believe how much you've written. Well, we'll be here awaiting your return. And, I promise not to fall so far behind again.

You're still doing great! This is a book and a half.
And, I really like Maria...she keeps popping up. I don't know if I trust her. That's a very powerful tool of interest.

Last edited:
Oh...mein gott.

I won!

Thank you! Thank you all so very much! :) This means a lot to me!

Thank you to all readers and contributers. I plan to get back to this AAR in a few months when things settle down. :D

Congratulations, my friend...a well deserved award.

Hey, thanks man! :)

As I said in Chris Taylor's AAR various mod bugs killed my file, which in itself isn't fatal, but I just haven't had the time to play or write this up.

I am thinking of a shorter AAR though along similar themes though. Would anyone be interested in reading that?

I am thinking of a shorter AAR though along similar themes though. Would anyone be interested in reading that?

I certainly would be. Have you thought about doing something in V2? I can see that working well in the format, plus you get to work in a whole other period. Of course, maybe I've just got Vicky 2 on the brain right now.

That is...an intriguing idea!

Would follow, though a link from here might help me find it. As my favorite AARs are all on hiatus and new ones die faster than they appear, I am not here that much these days.

You never continued your Byzantine one either by the way :D

I know, I should do that one again too.

Congrats, Sather...you've got me thinking about AARs again. :p