Sather: It is rather creepy! I hadn't noticed it until you mentioned it.
Boris: Oh, she'll be around....
Mr Sometimes: Very observant indeed!
morningSIDEr: Very astute as well!
Aliasing: Not for a few more centuries!
Dewirix: Very true! It's lucky that Brittany is taken over in 1532 - before I start so I have that cored and under my control as well. The two Hapsburg realms (which fortunately are only allied in the game) are very strong, so are difficult to beat.
A brief time-out from the narrative is in order for me to explain the rules and mods I've made. These are different to the HTTT version.
- Forts have 1100 men per level, as before, to make conquest less easy.
- Prices reworked significantly. All resources (except gold) have MAJOR demand increases for certain tier 5 and 6 buildings. For exotic products like spices and ivory this is based on the trade buildings. For wheat, iron, fish and copper these are the land buildings. For salt and naval supplies these are the naval buildings. Since there will not be a huge amount of these it will make the valuable. Also, all trade buildings add moderate demand to African, Asian and American resources.
- Only forts are destroyed when a province is conquered, and level 1 is not destroyed ever.
- All rebels are resiliant, have leaders and are 'smart'.
- Leaders with 3 in any stat and who rule more than 3 provinces are bad and have severe penalties.
- Historical lucky nations is on.
- Have added the 'Gendarmes Cavalry' unit from 1495 on for western Europe. They are 0/0 2/2 2/2 cavalry.
- Decentralisation reduces stability costs by 5% each step of the way. Revolt risk decreased by 0.5 each step also. Centralised does not do the opposite of this.
- Persia is an absolute monarchy (replacing the rather bizarre Theocracy choice), Ethiopia is a despotic monarchy now with Russian tech tree.
- Played around with the names of monarchs for France and England/Great Britain, mainly to add in more names and also add some more female names in too. I do love Queens even if EU3 doesn't! If you want to see my updated lists let me know.
- First tier of all buildings except forts do NOT cost magistrates. This seems only fair to me.
We start at tech level 18.