• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hmm, a great dilemma, so it is!

Thanks for your replies and suggestions. Antani, I'm not entirely sure what you mean but...
QUOTE ME!
:p

Yeah, I played on HTTT until 1600. But, because DW was being very annoying I couldn't install it without overwriting my HTTT install.

Having said that, I don't want to shift between expansions. So I think I'll do a DW game starting with historical 1533.

I might as well therefore tell you my plan for the HTTT game which I played and took pics of.

Talena would be swept by the current not to Japan, but to America, and move down the west coast to Mexico. There she would blunder around with the Aztecs (who refused to get conquered!) and be picked up by a brilliant British explorer and taken to North America. They'd then go on a voyage of discovery and eventually return to Britain to find that the King (with the advice of his 'councillor' *hint*) urged him to convert to Protestantism. This goes ahead, and after a lot of adventures Talena convinces the King to stay Protestant but to ditch his advisor.
She pursues the advisor (who is of course Hauritz), but finds that he's taken up with the Ottoman Sultan. Therefore Talena joins the Austrian King. (And this part was VERY annoying since Austria had 75 infamy and +2.5 a year from unlawful conquests, and also held St Petersburg with half their entire army). She sets everything in motion and in a series of wars defeats Poland, Bavaria and the German states, becoming a great power. Then there's a massive showdown with the Ottomans. A war, I might add, where there was a battle for Thrace involving 150,000 troops, which is big for EU3 in 1585!
Eventually Constantinople was taken, and Talena could get revenge. Unfortunately, although all Ottoman Europe passed to the Austrians I couldn't keep Thrace. However, Talena did kill Hauritz in the final battle.

That was how I'd planned it to happen. Now, because of DW and reverting to a historical time stream it'll be different.

OK, so now you know the two plots. Readers, you can choose here. I can either do the above storyline and finish the AAR at 1600, or I can start playing in 1533 using DW and see how I go from there.

Your choice. :)

Well now that i know pretty much the entire plot.....it's kind of pointless to keep that going isn't it?
My vote goes to DW....do i have a vote?

Yeah, good point. Since I have the pics I might use them as interim picture only updates to show what happened before getting on to the new one.

Well now that i know pretty much the entire plot.....it's kind of pointless to keep that going isn't it?
My vote goes to DW....do i have a vote?

I am with Beowulf here, after that spoiler it would be a boring read I fear. No offense ;-)

I too, am in agreement here. DW it is!

Regardless, whether we know the plot or not...please don't stop. Otherwise, it would be like you were painting a work of art...then, threw it all away when you were so close to finishing. Continue the ARR...

Right now, I'm playing two games...haven't written much lately, or played in a month...because I was busy writing two school papers. Still, I plan on finishing both games.

OK, thanks for the input guys. :) I will do some picture updates of 'what might have been', then get down to the 'new history' in DW.

Expect updates around the 28th or so as I'm away for Xmas.

Merry Christmas to you all, and thanks for your continued support. :)

I know it's a bit late, but I just spent the last five hours reading your AAR non-stop after clicking on an AAR in the forum at random. This has been a very engrossing and well-written story, I really love the plot twists and how you've seemlessly woven the story around EUIII's game mechanics.

I can't wait for the second part with DW.

OK, thanks for the input guys. :) I will do some picture updates of 'what might have been', then get down to the 'new history' in DW.

Expect updates around the 28th or so as I'm away for Xmas.

Merry Christmas to you all, and thanks for your continued support. :)

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Merry Christmas.

Haha. Thanks guys. :)

Things are still in progress. Expect an update soon!

In case any of you are silly/awesome enough to vote for this in the AAR Awards this comes under the Narrative heading.

Haha. Thanks guys. :)

Things are still in progress. Expect an update soon!

In case any of you are silly/awesome enough to vote for this in the AAR Awards this comes under the Narrative heading.

Awesome to hear. And yes, I'm pretty silly/awesome.