+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: The Eternal Exile: A Nation Hopping AAR

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Hmm, a great dilemma, so it is!

Thanks for your replies and suggestions. Antani, I'm not entirely sure what you mean but...
    QUOTE ME!

Yeah, I played on HTTT until 1600. But, because DW was being very annoying I couldn't install it without overwriting my HTTT install.

Having said that, I don't want to shift between expansions. So I think I'll do a DW game starting with historical 1533.

I might as well therefore tell you my plan for the HTTT game which I played and took pics of.

Talena would be swept by the current not to Japan, but to America, and move down the west coast to Mexico. There she would blunder around with the Aztecs (who refused to get conquered!) and be picked up by a brilliant British explorer and taken to North America. They'd then go on a voyage of discovery and eventually return to Britain to find that the King (with the advice of his 'councillor' *hint*) urged him to convert to Protestantism. This goes ahead, and after a lot of adventures Talena convinces the King to stay Protestant but to ditch his advisor.
    She pursues the advisor (who is of course Hauritz), but finds that he's taken up with the Ottoman Sultan. Therefore Talena joins the Austrian King. (And this part was VERY annoying since Austria had 75 infamy and +2.5 a year from unlawful conquests, and also held St Petersburg with half their entire army). She sets everything in motion and in a series of wars defeats Poland, Bavaria and the German states, becoming a great power. Then there's a massive showdown with the Ottomans. A war, I might add, where there was a battle for Thrace involving 150,000 troops, which is big for EU3 in 1585!
    Eventually Constantinople was taken, and Talena could get revenge. Unfortunately, although all Ottoman Europe passed to the Austrians I couldn't keep Thrace. However, Talena did kill Hauritz in the final battle.

That was how I'd planned it to happen. Now, because of DW and reverting to a historical time stream it'll be different.

OK, so now you know the two plots. Readers, you can choose here. I can either do the above storyline and finish the AAR at 1600, or I can start playing in 1533 using DW and see how I go from there.

Your choice.
    A Blessing and a Curse: EUIV Narrative AAR! In Progress
    Downfall: A Byzantine Narrative AAR. See the fall of the mightiest empire the world has ever seen. On Hold 3rd Place OVERALL EU3 (Highest Narrative) AARland Choice Awards Q3 2012!
    The Grey Eminence: A British Narrative/History AAR. Witness the rise of Great Britain to world power! COMPLETE! WINNER EU - Narrative for AARland Choice AwAARds 2012 Q1!
    The Eternal Exile: Nation Hopping AAR with a mix of narrative and game-play. On Hold. | WINNER EU - Narrative for AARland Choice AwAARds 2011 Q1!

Winner: AAR Showcase 29/11/2011 | Winner: Character Writer of the Week 19/1/2012 | Winner: Fan of the Week 20/9/2010 and 20/8/2012 | I was Character Writer of the Week 13/12/2010

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III Collection

I am undecided.
    I was Sir blsteen, Knight of the Eastern West... in :One Last HurRAAh: A Milanese Empire Interactive AAR:

I was FOTW 11/25/09 and 9/12/10

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireSemper FiMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Well now that i know pretty much the entire plot.....it's kind of pointless to keep that going isn't it?
    My vote goes to DW....do i have a vote?
    "There are no limits to what science can explore."

-Ernest Solvay, Belgian Chemist

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty II CollectionSemper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

I am with Beowulf here, after that spoiler it would be a boring read I fear. No offense ;-)

Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

Yeah, good point. Since I have the pics I might use them as interim picture only updates to show what happened before getting on to the new one.
    Downfall: A Byzantine Narrative AAR. See the fall of the mightiest empire the world has ever seen. On Hold 3rd Place OVERALL EU3 (Highest Narrative) AARland Choice Awards Q3 2012!
    The Grey Eminence: A British Narrative/History AAR. Witness the rise of Great Britain to world power! COMPLETE! WINNER EU - Narrative for AARland Choice AwAARds 2012 Q1!
    The Eternal Exile: Nation Hopping AAR with a mix of narrative and game-play. On Hold. | WINNER EU - Narrative for AARland Choice AwAARds 2011 Q1!

Winner: AAR Showcase 29/11/2011 | Winner: Character Writer of the Week 19/1/2012 | Winner: Fan of the Week 20/9/2010 and 20/8/2012 | I was Character Writer of the Week 13/12/2010

2009 Stanley Cup Champs Chicken's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf1990 View Post
    Well now that i know pretty much the entire plot.....it's kind of pointless to keep that going isn't it?
    My vote goes to DW....do i have a vote?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sather View Post
    I am with Beowulf here, after that spoiler it would be a boring read I fear. No offense ;-)
    I too, am in agreement here. DW it is!
    I celebrated Thanksgiving in an old-fashioned way. I invited everyone in my neighborhood to my house, we had an enormous feast, and then I killed them and took their land. - Jon Stewart
    ---
    #21: You can silence me but there will be others. Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus!
    Dr. Killinger: It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
    #21: I did? Cool.

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Regardless, whether we know the plot or not...please don't stop. Otherwise, it would be like you were painting a work of art...then, threw it all away when you were so close to finishing. Continue the ARR...

Right now, I'm playing two games...haven't written much lately, or played in a month...because I was busy writing two school papers. Still, I plan on finishing both games.
    Previously Completed AARs:\
    Ireland Forever * Scotland, the Brave, the Strong and the Free * Riga - Range's Sabbatical (Yeah Sure) * Morocco - Casablanca * Poland * Range, Scotland's Highland Chieftain * Yemen - The Happy Arabia * Bavaria * Transylvania * Samurai * The Day of Reckoning * EU1 Portugal * Knights of St. John * Poland EU1

CURRENT AARS: * Munster EU4 * England EU1 * Byzantine EU3 *

Winner of King_Richard_XI's 3rd ever Irish Shamrock Cookie . Poll: Finalist in 2009 EUIII OscARRs: Best Completed ARR "Yemen - The Happy Arabia". Also, the Winner of the AARland Choice AwAARds 2010 for Favourite EU Narrative AAR "Poland" - Character Writer of the week ending 12/26/10

OK, thanks for the input guys. I will do some picture updates of 'what might have been', then get down to the 'new history' in DW.

Expect updates around the 28th or so as I'm away for Xmas.

Merry Christmas to you all, and thanks for your continued support.

I know it's a bit late, but I just spent the last five hours reading your AAR non-stop after clicking on an AAR in the forum at random. This has been a very engrossing and well-written story, I really love the plot twists and how you've seemlessly woven the story around EUIII's game mechanics.

I can't wait for the second part with DW.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne

Quote Originally Posted by Ashantai View Post
    OK, thanks for the input guys. I will do some picture updates of 'what might have been', then get down to the 'new history' in DW.

Expect updates around the 28th or so as I'm away for Xmas.

Merry Christmas to you all, and thanks for your continued support.
    Merry Christmas to you and yours!
    I celebrated Thanksgiving in an old-fashioned way. I invited everyone in my neighborhood to my house, we had an enormous feast, and then I killed them and took their land. - Jon Stewart
    ---
    Dr. Killinger: It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Majesty II CollectionSemper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods

Seasons Greetings is the term, ain't it? ;-)

I am eaglery waiting for Talenas return.

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas.
    Previously Completed AARs:\
    Ireland Forever * Scotland, the Brave, the Strong and the Free * Riga - Range's Sabbatical (Yeah Sure) * Morocco - Casablanca * Poland * Range, Scotland's Highland Chieftain * Yemen - The Happy Arabia * Bavaria * Transylvania * Samurai * The Day of Reckoning * EU1 Portugal * Knights of St. John * Poland EU1

CURRENT AARS: * Munster EU4 * England EU1 * Byzantine EU3 *

Winner of King_Richard_XI's 3rd ever Irish Shamrock Cookie . Poll: Finalist in 2009 EUIII OscARRs: Best Completed ARR "Yemen - The Happy Arabia". Also, the Winner of the AARland Choice AwAARds 2010 for Favourite EU Narrative AAR "Poland" - Character Writer of the week ending 12/26/10

I take my leave for... some time. And what do I see when I come back? AN ENDING?

Brilliantly written Mr Awesome.
    War, it's faaaaantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Boris ze Spider View Post
    We are waitng yound padawan.
    What he said!

(Still following btw XD, and just bought EU3 up to In Nomine.)

Haha. Thanks guys.

Things are still in progress. Expect an update soon!

In case any of you are silly/awesome enough to vote for this in the AAR Awards this comes under the Narrative heading.

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Boris ze Spider View Post
    We are waitng yound padawan.
    is he this a combo of being a round padawan and a young padawan?
    Voting, how democratic...sounding
    I was Sir blsteen, Knight of the Eastern West... in :One Last HurRAAh: A Milanese Empire Interactive AAR:

I was FOTW 11/25/09 and 9/12/10

Quote Originally Posted by Ashantai View Post
    Haha. Thanks guys.

Things are still in progress. Expect an update soon!

In case any of you are silly/awesome enough to vote for this in the AAR Awards this comes under the Narrative heading.
    Awesome to hear. And yes, I'm pretty silly/awesome.
    ---

Will wait for a long time if necessary.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast