• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Inner Circle

----Darkest Hour Team---- ✪ ☭ ✠
93 Badges
May 26, 2007
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Legio
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • March of the Eagles
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
We will reveal new information next week (hopefully) and in the meanwhile, everyone who has a wish/idea/etc... in mind can post it here:

We will watch this thread and give some feedback :)

What I hope will be included in the game:

Good performance, even when going from 1914 to 63.

A hard-to-beat AI. And a tech tree allowing me to build all the nice toys that I want (P1000 ;)). The option to change flags -> Vicky, anyone? Thousands of new events, allowing historical and ahistorical outcomes likewise.

Maybe some overhauling of the diplomacy and intelligence system.

Good performance, even when going from 1914 to 63.

That is probobly the most important one.

Also when the great war ends I would like two options to choose :

1. With events that would lead in some ways to WWII.
2. With no such events in the peace years, to create more sanbox-game like.

But the good AI is the most important one. And make the peacefull long years between those two wars intresting.

I want to play a HOI game in which:

1. Performing island-hoping campaign is reasonable and AI can do it, too.
2. Battle of Atlantic is crucial and AI knows how to disrupt/protect convoy routes.
3. Sino-Japanese doesn't end in a year or two, China is logistics nightmare and AI Japan is able to perform Pacific campaign while fighting China at the same time.
4. Numerically-wise, France can have comparable forces with Germany in 1940 and it's still possible to conquer France in historical manner (if well-played).
5. Germany is able to send forces to Africa without events.
6. AI knows that air-naval cooperation is important.
7. Post-war setup is not a mess and it's possible to play a reasonable game up to 1963.
8. Soviet AI can defend properly even if attacked from Turkey.
9. It's not possible to do WC. Come on, having all continents under direct rule of one country is just ridiculous.
10. Resources are really important and you can't stockpile 1401695185615061 of them.
11. Politics is important.
12. Capital-superstack is not a good form of defence.
13. AI knows how and when to disband old units (e.g. ships).

9. It's not possible to do WC. Come on, having all continents under direct rule of one country is just ridiculous.

Can't agree more.

This link - http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=347532 - contains VERY interesting ideas. Division designer, advanced equipment system and "equipment pool", spoils of war, equipment trading, separation of "men" and "material", hard techs and theory techs etc.

Additionally:

1. Airfield and dock capacity should be limited by their level. Currently as soon as you get one 1-lvl Port/airfield, you can go on rampage with good navy/airforce, which is ridiculous.
2. Air mission efficiency should be influenced by range and it should only be possible to "drop" 1-lvl ports/airfields in a province. That way fighting for seemingly "useless" provinces with good ports or airfields become much more important (North Africa, Pacific islands etc.).
3. Combat width. Enough said.
4. Dynamic combat events. They should be situation-dependant, not totally random. "Encirclement" should have much greater chance of happening for numerically superior attacker, "Breakthrough" should happen more often if you have many tanks etc.
5. Damaged ships should move at a slower rate.
6. It should be possible to split airwings into smaller organisational units. For example, you could split one airwing into two units with strength and organisation capped at 50%. It would give us much-needed flexibility in matters related to aircraft management.
7. "Loyalty" value of unit leaders. At high dissent and/or in cases of political instability (if sth like that exists in Project Blitzkrieg) unit leaders should have a chance to rebel. Useful for China, Spain, Vichy, Soviet Union...

One feature that I really want to have is a casualties counter, AOD does it... and it makes me so much more happy knowing how thoroughly I'm losing.

Fernando Torres please add this.

Add a command to change a country's colour
Add a command to change a country's name
Add a command to change a country's flag
A peace negatiation menue to draw new borders etc.
Extend country colours so every country can have its own colour

this is the list of wiches for AOD 1.5, and it will be adopted in 1.5. And becasue of that if would be shame that you dont introduced in PRO Blitzkrieg.

And of course all new things in AOD 1.5 must be in Pro Blitzkrieg if you want that be The Ultimate Game.

And yes, this is mine. Possibility to annex some part of country, selecting sertain provinces.

-More politics option. Like the Munich conference or Molotov-von Ribbentrop.

-More laws(voting) for example to have woman work in military factories

-Also it would be nice to end wars with major alliances. Instead of to annex them all.

-AI which is capable to do good amphibious assaults (simultaneous is prefered) and if they win also put a strong foothold.

-AI Defense in depth (4 provinces behind front line still have divisions as USSR).

-Counterattacks be agressive but not stupid to leave undefended provinces behind.

-No free units, except for Garissons capital and important areas like beaches and industrial areas.

-Use of capture enemy equipment. As a brigade ofcourse. (not on a big scale though)

-Possible to leave alliance as minor when things go totally wrong for the alliance. But make it not too easy but give several penalties.

-USA/UK should concentrate on Germany first and then Japan.

-Make tech rushing very hard.

Greets,

Panzergenerals

Sorry my sceptisicm, but Fernando are you sure you can promise us all of those things you'we mentioned in the Project Blitzkrieg thread, with the smart Ai and stuff.. Are you sure you and the rest can promise us all this?

PS: Again sorry for my sceptiscm

Sorry my sceptisicm, but Fernando are you sure you can promise us all of those things you'we mentioned in the Project Blitzkrieg thread, with the smart Ai and stuff.. Are you sure you and the rest can promise us all this?

PS: Again sorry for my sceptiscm

No problem you are free to answer questions. :)

I will present you in details what the plans have been regarding the artificial intelligence in a dedicated development diary.
But the philosophy has always been that basically, it should be as reactive as possible and provide a good challenge to players.
Now it should also be noted that there will be no free units or such stuffs.

Please also recall that this is a game made by the fans for the fans. Thus, there will probably be stuffs you won't like, and I guess it is the same deal with any game, even those made by big companies. But the good thing here is that we learn from our mistakes and we will be looking forward to improving (not just fixing) the game after release, depending on your feedbacks. :)

As said, I will go into details later.