• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What ? what ? i had missed this very ince AAR ? i really feel ashamed.

I've spent some time, this morning, reading all of it. Quite a good time i've had. :cool:

As for updates, make them as you feel it... but if you don't make them often enough, we'll just get the pitchforks out :D

Can we have a screenshot of Mesoamerica, to see how they are doing ?

So, do you guys prefer feedback at the rate I'm doing it, or once for each update?

So far, I've done feedback when I come to the forum and notice that there are more than a few comments here, plus I've answered specific questions pretty much when I see them.

The way I've done it is what feels natural to me, but I know some people expect an update when they see the author has posted.

I think author feedback is always interesting, with or without an update.

Half my motivation in reading AARs is getting a sense of other players' motivations and ways of playing the game, and that's just as easy to accomplish with feedback than with a full-blown gameplay update.

The other half is for the story of course, and in that your AAR doesn't disappoint either.

If you could inherit a Central American state do you think it would be worth breaking the BB limit in the hope you could get it back below the threshold before the Euros show up?

What ? what ? i had missed this very ince AAR ? i really feel ashamed.

I've spent some time, this morning, reading all of it. Quite a good time i've had. :cool:

Ah, happy to have the mastermind himself following. :D Glad you like it - I like the mod. ;)

Can we have a screenshot of Mesoamerica, to see how they are doing ?

Yes - I've actually already taken one for the next update that should come in a day or two. So far it's mostly been Tenochtitlan (in the beginning) and Chichen Itza (later) slowly but surely eating the smaller states, but things get busier there soon so I'll be showing the area a bit more.

If you could inherit a Central American state do you think it would be worth breaking the BB limit in the hope you could get it back below the threshold before the Euros show up?

It might be, but I don't think I'll do it in a large scale: for example, I wouldn't go to 20/5 and wait for it to go down, but I would go to 5.5/5 to get an extra province out of a war.

So far (where I've played) I've gone over the limit once for only a few months, and I already got hit by an event that gave +15 revolt risk in an already unstable province for several years. Maybe I was unlucky to get such an event for just briefly visiting the "dark side" but I don't want loads of stuff like that. ;) Especially as I seem to need 12000 men to take care of 5000 rebels.

Thanks to both of you too for the feedback feedback. :D I believe I can safely say that continuing as I have is a good choice.

Ah, happy to have the mastermind himself following. :D Glad you like it - I like the mod. ;)

Master-, not that much.... -mind... even less :p

butmost definitely following :)

Yes - I've actually already taken one for the next update that should come in a day or two. So far it's mostly been Tenochtitlan (in the beginning) and Chichen Itza (later) slowly but surely eating the smaller states, but things get busier there soon so I'll be showing the area a bit more.

Nice, thanks :cool:

Thanks to both of you too for the feedback feedback. :D I believe I can safely say that continuing as I have is a good choice.

Indeed.

I love Chancay's CoA, bloody hilarious for some reason - I think its the eyes.

Nice work with Chancay - vassalising hasn't affected your infamy score and I too love the monkey, as apparently did the Nazca.

Hehe good catch. It's indeed a pretty common symbol in local art so I thought at least one faction in that area may have used one as their emblem. I looked in archeological material for something close but not so obvious as the nazca lines design and managed to get this one from a piece of pottery. And yes I agree it looks a bit funny :p

Hehe good catch. It's indeed a pretty common symbol in local art so I thought at least one faction in that area may have used one as their emblem. I looked in archeological material for something close but not so obvious as the nazca lines design and managed to get this one from a piece of pottery. And yes I agree it looks a bit funny :p

:rofl:

Had never spotted that one... i see the mod's artist had fun :D

On the other hand, i know that getting sources for flags for these nations is quite tough, or even impossible ;)

Ah, welcome to the thread Solo_Adhémar, really enjoying your art. :)

Had never spotted that one... i see the mod's artist had fun :D

On the other hand, i know that getting sources for flags for these nations is quite tough, or even impossible ;)

It certainly is, so I think that's the right way to go at it. :D

I've had limited free time on the computer where I have the AAR files the last couple of days, but I do expect to update tomorrow.

Very good AAR. :D

I'm enjoying it immensely.

Time to crush Chimu I think. ;)

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Update on the rise of Cuzco to greatness.
I find the fact that you have limited free time on a computer to be a matter of concern...
Of course, I just have limited free time period.

No worries - I have enough updates close to completion that I only need to find half an hour every now and then to polish and post them. Problem is, I've often only had five minutes here and five minutes there lately. Enough to read AARs a couple of paragraphs at a time or respond to comments, but the posting takes a bit longer and I don't like doing that in parts.

Very good AAR. :D

I'm enjoying it immensely.

Welcome to the thread, I'm glad you enjoy it. :)

Time to crush Chimu I think. ;)

I'm thinking of buying a lottery ticket - can I consult you for the numbers? :D

Update very soon!

Chapter Ten
1388-1393

As soon as peace is made with Ayamarca, we get the "Our manpower reserves need to recover" mission again. This time, there's actually a very good chance I'll do this as infamy is 5.4.

Near the end of the year there's another curious epidemic.

12_01.jpg

Unfortunately, a couple of months later it turns out that Tupac Yupanqui, who had visited the province earlier, is among the ill. He eventually survives the disease, but Cuzco nobles have to be relied upon in the meantime.

12_02.jpg

This doesn't make much of a difference as we were full Aristocracy already.

The rest of 1389 is unfortunate as well: we have to tackle some rebellions, and another volcanic eruption late in the year causes over 5000 casualties in Pica and over a thousand in Arequipa as well.

Up north, Chichen Itza's diplomatic annexation of Teotitlan leaves Central America worryingly consolidated. Nearly half of the local tribes have been conquered - the rate of "disappearances" is actually higher than in South America (13->7 vs. 10->6).

12_03.jpg

In June 1390 we get to Government level 6, granting Cuzco its first national idea. I decide to get a level of Production tech next: it's close enough to completion and with our lowly PE, the 2 % should make some difference.

Looking at our weak points - horrid cultural tradition leading to inability to recruit decent advisors, inflation at 3.7 and steadily rising - the choice of idea seems obvious to me.

12_04.jpg

The stability costs hurt, but the magistrate gain should allow using some for cultural tradition, and we also get a small inflation reduction. The rest is gravy.

In July, the manpower mission is completed as the pool reaches 29 k (or over 90 % of the maximum, as the mission requires).

12_05.jpg

The next mission - this one completely useless as we've had no war exhaustion lately anyway - is to save Shipibo. Rebels are currently sieging it, but are defeated a month later, completing the mission.

The rest of the year is spent simply hunting more rebels.

Our next slider move is due in February 1391. I go Innovative - lots to go on that front before westernization - and lose a point of stability.

12_06.jpg

By April, the manpower pool is full (over 31 k) and infamy is down to 3.1. Time to get back to action with a boom:

12_07.jpg

I'm DoWing Chimu directly for the first time, and intend to seriously take them down now. Aymara is inconsequential.

I run into bad luck immediately. With Chimu's troops approaching Tucume, I plan to send reinforcements from Shipibo. The problem here is that 2000 Chibchaya nationalists decide to revolt in Shipibo at this exact time. The rebel army is laughable but their timing is annoying to the max. I have no option but to move my men out of Tucume, allowing Chimu in - at least I'm able to do this before they're attacked by a way superior force.

12_08.jpg

Time for plan B then: brute force. I send a combined force of 33000 men to Tucume from Shipibo, Cuenca and Cajamarca in June.

12_09.jpg

Chimu made the smart decision of bringing no general to such a pivotal battle, while we had this:

12_10.jpg

Disastrous. Each side lost 9000 men, but in the couple of days the fighting went on after Quizo's death, we lost 3000 men to Chimu's zero. I had no choice but to retreat - victory was still possible as we had better morale, but I had to stop the bleeding.

I hire a new general. Ruminavi Sahuaraura is a decent 6/3/2/3.

Parinango takes our men back to battle in October after some rest. Unfortunately, Chimu now has the shock six general Tacaynamo leading their troops.

Still, with us having almost as many men as when the previous battle ended (a bit less as some extremely damaged regiments are still healing), full regiments and a proper leader, and Chimu losing some men to attrition, Parinango is able to force a win.

12_11.jpg

I was a bit lucky: I got only -2 terrain penalty and had a strong first roll, weakening Chimu's army early.

Tacaynamo not having a maneuver point turns out to be Chimu's undoing: I decide to chase as Parinango is able to reach Chanchan first.

12_12.jpg

Two sieges can also be seen in that shot: Chimu has been sieging Cuenca since June, while Chancay's men entered Chimu days earlier.

Also under siege is Chiletico in the south. I don't currently have enough men in the Aymara theater to take on a six fire, five shock general in an extremely mountainous province.

Chancay occupies Chimu in the beginning of November. The battle of Chanchan starts days later. Here, mountains work in my favor.

12_13.jpg

In one last battle in Sechura in December, Parinango eliminates the main Chimu stack (19 regiments).

Meanwhile in the south, general Sahuaraura demonstrates his worth when enough men are gathered to dislodge the Aymara troops from Chiletico despite the insane ruler-general and the mountains.

12_14.jpg

In a questionable decision, the enemy chooses to retreat without being forced to do so morale-wise. They had great circumstances in Chiletico, so they might have blown their best chance.

To make the situation even worse for Aymara, Sahuaraura is able to outmaneuver the enemy ruler, reaching Bio Bio first.

12_15.jpg

Also during an action-packed December, Colla-Topa lifts the siege of Cuenca.

12_16.jpg

After battles in Hatun Canar and Huancauilcas, this secondary Chimu army is destroyed in February 1392. At this point, all of Chimu is also under siege. A month later, the Aymara army follows suit after skirmishes in Bio Bio and Mapuche.

In April, the vultures begin to circle: Chimu gets DoWed by Chibchaya and, shortly after, Quito.

Months of sieging, beating up new recruits and rebels, and the odd assault lead to Huancauilcas falling in May, Chanchan in July and Tumbes and the Aymara capital Tilcara in September. Hatun Canar joins the club in October and Bio Bio in November.

In late November and early December, we get some worse news: another volcanic eruption costs the lives of over 3000 people in Salta, while lack of military action in the area has led to lack of maintenance and, therefore, fortification damage in Cochabamba.

General Colla-Topa doesn't live to see the end of the war as he dies peacefully in January 1393. He's replaced by delightfully six shock (not so special otherwise) Atoc Sopa Curiatao.

Also in January, cultural tradition is high enough to start taking care of our inflation problem.

12_17.jpg

Another member of the always useful Parinango family replaces our discipline guy, leading to our inflation going down for the first time. It's 3.8 now and that's as high as it should ever get, barring events.

In other news, the early year features plenty of rebels. Fortunately, I'm in a good position to fight them by now.

After the fall of Huilliche in March, we manage to get a favorable peace out of Aymara at the end of the month.

12_18.jpg

The next month, we're able to force our terms on Chimu, gaining us the provinces I was after.

12_19.jpg

Make no mistake, this is a huge win. Getting Huancauilcas (diamonds) and Tumbes (gold) means that Cuzco now controls all of the valuables in the region. Thanks to Huancauilcas, we also upgrade from a Minor Gems Producer (+0.5 % yearly prestige) to a Notable (+1 %) one.

The CoT in Chanchan, meanwhile, leads to all of South America trading through our CoTs, and it's easy enough to keep five merchants even if it doesn't create much income. But of course we get the other benefits of a CoT.

The peace also leaves Chimu with three disconnected parts.

12_20.jpg

Also, Manpower balancing gets worse: we go from -40 % national manpower modifier and land force limits modifier to -50 %. The good part? This is as far as it will go, so any further provinces go straight into our manpower and force limits.

Meanwhile in Central America, there's a very interesting war going on...

Not that many wars and you can reform your nation, and call it the Incan Empire :)

And i guess we might need to tune down the volcanoes a little... or you really got unlucky :D

Not that many wars and you can reform your nation, and call it the Incan Empire :)
That's the goal. ;) Of course, getting the required cores will take a while still.

And i guess we might need to tune down the volcanoes a little... or you really got unlucky :D

Haha yeah, the underground's been pretty unforgiving so far. :D The cumulative population loss is starting to get a bit out of hand...

Last edited:
Congrats on your progress!
It's an iteresting thing thet NIs, unlike vanilla and MM, give both bonuses and penalties. Bureaucracy with its many boosts comes with a price tag attached now. How long does it take you to regain lost stability?

Meanwhile in Central America, there's a very interesting war going on...[/SIZE][/FONT]

Are we going to see a possible push into Central America from Cuzco? Very good stuff regardless, you seem to be making alot of cash via production, CoTs etc., you have a large army and no neighbours capable of worrying you, it seems. Now all thats needed is some time to get those sliders sorted out.

Congrats on your progress!
It's an iteresting thing thet NIs, unlike vanilla and MM, give both bonuses and penalties. Bureaucracy with its many boosts comes with a price tag attached now.

Indeed, makies picking NI a bit more challenging. Although i guess some work still needs to be done on them.