• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So, after some quite tense "one hour per month" warfare, I bring you... the time before that! :D

You've grabbed a neat piece of real estate there in Africa. It's pretty good land in the real world, anyway. Will we see any Incan equivalent to the Kru people manning European ships (link). Say, it's been a while, but aren't your only Royal Marriage partners still around on the African west coast?

Actually they're eastern Africans. Mutapa was the only non-heathen I could see for a long time, now there's another tribe or two as well.

Heh, there's still some decades left in the game when those provinces core, so I guess we can use local crews at least for ships built there. :)

The conversion of Lazio is going to be hard to top, though. Comedy gold.

Indeed! :D Still gotta grab Rome itself though...

Saint Helena is like the only province in MEIOU that starts uncolonized and has its colonial name, isn't it?

Pretty much. That's one of the (surprisingly few) design decisions I can't really agree with, quite a bit of playability is sacrificed for flavor that requires you to be some kind of indigenous peoples / tribal languages expert to truly appreciate it.

Once the Europeans in Africa are dealt with, you should sell your African provinces to Fez for being such cool guys.

Hmm, we'll see. I'll certainly hand over their own provinces when I grab them from the Dutch.

And the Inca Marches on!

Yup. :)

Another great round. When is Portugal up again?

Thanks, in the update after the one I'm posting now.

Portugal looks like it's next. I'm guessing another Colonial CB war to take care of some more Canadian provinces and one in Africa. At some point an Imperial CB war is needed to take Cuba (or one province on Cuba - the rest to be taken by Colonial) and its European provinces, but there's no hurry. Almost a century to go and the only victim of Incan revenge that still looks strong is the Netherlands, which is also in the way of an expedition towards the Pope. Another guess is you want to concentrate armies in Iberia while Portugal is still intact, and move on to the Netherlands when that's done. Do you think you'll have enough time?

The plan on Portugal is indeed very close to what you're suggesting.

Austria is another very strong victim left. It'll be tough to finish in time, especially since I have to finish America and then Iberia while gradually starting campaigns elsewhere. I'll be very spread out in Europe. Also, I really can't keep fighting the kind of world wars I'm in now or my already questionable update schedules will get truly ugly. :D

I'm sure I can handle the wars themselves, I think I can handle being over the BB limit (if not I may have to go for force releasing, but I'd prefer not to), I have no idea yet how the warscore requirements play into this.

EDIT: Oh and it's more than a century left, this ends in 1856.

Last edited:
Chapter Seventy-eight
1736-1740

BB is very close to the limit, so time for some peace time activities. Fortunately, colonization is keeping me busy so I have things to do besides bashing rebels.

First, however, we have to make peace with the alliance leader. Sweden proves to be reasonable and hands over some cash without the need to actually face them.

81_01.jpg

Pariki, Patwin and Tachi get new colonies in an attempt to fill in the North American interior. Otaku grows into a city in September, finishing New Zealand. I reorganize some of my fleets, making sure I can control the Hudson Bay area in the inevitable war and have enough transports in the Pacific colonies.

Mawuti (Comoros) proves that it's in a region new to the Incas: an event fires there that we haven't seen before.

81_02.jpg

Not happy with the global missionary penalties, but at least the province itself is Inti already and I'm lucky enough to get the free marketplace.

With Polynesia and Melanesia more or less in our hands - other than New Guinea, that is - it's time to start working on Micronesia too. Slaughtering parties are sent to make sure the islands are ready for Inca colonization. Inti shows that he can do whatever some other gods can; the natives stand no chance against our mighty water walking armies.

81_03.jpg

A colonist is sent to Chuuk (pretty sure that would be Caroline Islands) now that it's been "prepared".

To finish off 1736 Vanuatu reaches city status and Piquiri starts producing maize.

January 1737 brings a couple of cores and Land tech 54 for a pretty nice +0.5 morale boost. This also makes me realize that I've been pushing for Land full steam since I prioritized it for the new units at level 52. 23 years ahead of time, oops... Time to stop the research waste and study everything else for now.

81_04.jpg

Haak'ooh gets lumber as its resource and Seibal is hit by a great storm in February. These disasters don't deserve to be called "great", again no direct casualties.

Majuro (Marshall Islands) gets a colonist in March and Bigorra embraces Inti. An Mhumhain in Ireland flips into Colonial Gaelic - how much less colonial for their culture can you get than that place? Similarly, Foix joins the Colonial Occitain club.

After a silent year we discover Trade tech level 52 in February 1738. Tua'tah grows into a city and Pariki starts producing cotton in March. Level 52 is reached in the Production and Goverment categories in April.

Patwin gets fur and we learn Naval tech level 52 in July. This poses a problem: starting with the next level, the big ships are more maneuverable but smaller and with less firepower. We can't have that, so seventy more threedeckers are commissioned before they become unavailable. This does cause some economic issues, particularly for naval upkeep which skyrockets by another 700 ducats a year, but I can't do this much later as the dreaded ship type "upgrade" is due in five years even at low investment. Of course, I could just stop investing in it, but why mess with the research efficiency just to delay the inevitable?

81_05.jpg

The colonists in Mi-wuk realize that this is a heck of a time to enter the lumber business. A lot of cutting down trees, putting on women's clothing, hanging around in bars and all the other good lumberjack stuff ensues.

During the late year, Pocumtuc converts and Lleida and Bajo Arago flip into Colonial Occitain and Colonial Spanish, respectively.

Also, the Pacific colonization program is progressing well.

81_06.jpg

None of the colonies pictured are past level two though, so I might have to slow down at some point for security reasons.

We get a bunch of cores and Alto Arago sees the light of the Sun God in February 1739. The neighboring Bajo Arago follows suit next month, as does Winnipeg. The faith is growing decent roots in the Aragonese region.

81_07.jpg

To add to that, Girona converts in July and there's still one or two active missionaries with a high conversion chance.

Haak'ooh reaches city status in September - it's bordering inland North American TI, so hopefully that will get uncovered. To finish off the year Tachi starts producing maize and we start sending new colonists to the far north of America. Now that there are fewer colonization targets I should go for those before the ones near Cuzco in order to make sure I won't have to sit around with five colonists in the future while waiting for a previous colonist to arrive.

In one of the neater conversions lately, Isle of Man chooses to denounce Catholicism in January 1740. Rosello does the same, while Pariki grows into a city.

February brings Government tech level 53 as well as cores on Hawaii. Being able to reinforce the Pacific from there should be handy. Mi-wuk reaches city status.

March and April feature a Gold Rush event, as well as the cultural assimilation of Yagua. The early Incan province is kind enough to flip into Quechuan.

Also, the wasteland province of Pah Rah is discovered, leaving no more TI in the American west.

81_08.jpg

Much like in the Amazonas, that's just a few more provinces to colonize at our leisure.

It's a good thing that colonization - apart from that in the Pacific anyway - can be done leisurely now as my concentration might have to be elsewhere very soon. Our infamy level is nearing what's needed for the next war, and boy what a war it will be.

Hahaha, nice to see those Catholics being converted to Inti religion :D

Can we see a wolrd map, please ?

Hahaha, nice to see those Catholics being converted to Inti religion :D

Can we see a wolrd map, please ?

Yup I enjoy that as well, for the role reversal if nothing else. :D

I'll post one after the next war. So far it hasn't changed much since the one in the previous update. :)

I agree with Tallfellow. It's been quite the experience getting through all 70-something pages this month to get to the present.
I'm a little sad that New Zealand gets to embrace the majesty of the Sun God while Australia is left without but you have much bigger issues at hand, like Austria and the rest of those colonial invaders.

Last edited:
Big war yummy munch munch.:excl:
Lumberjack's & women's clothing they get bored put them to work building ships.:eek:
Cann't wait.

Big war. Can't be Portugal, then, you've beaten them often enough that it's routine now. So, Austria or the Netherlands?

Quite disappointed by your new provinces' lack of enthousiasm for natural disasters, by the way. We haven't seen a decent one in a while.

Chuuk (or Truk) is in Micronesia. Thanks, Island of the Sequined Love Nun by Christopher Moore!

*Ahem*

War ahead? Muy excellente.

What a peaceful update for a change. Seems like the Europeans are able to tell which way the wind is blowing. All those conversion just after you cut off the pope from his hinterland are purely coincidental, for sure. Would be neat if you could support your views abroad like the Protestants can. I wonder how the Incan religion developed during all those centuries. It sure didn't turn any more peaceful.

What a peaceful update for a change. Seems like the Europeans are able to tell which way the wind is blowing. All those conversion just after you cut off the pope from his hinterland are purely coincidental, for sure. Would be neat if you could support your views abroad like the Protestants can. I wonder how the Incan religion developed during all those centuries. It sure didn't turn any more peaceful.

Sicily has a long lineup of Inti worshipers waiting to throw a virgin into Mt. Etna, in order to appease Inti - if they don't, the natural disasters will return!

Is it just me, or does it seem like the guys at Paradox were inspired by this AAR to you, too? :p

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/content.php?1153-Crusader-Kings-II-Sunset-Invasion-Announced

That's the theory at least. :D Nah, I was just talking elsewhere about how preposterous that DLC idea is. Aztecs invading Europe, phah, completely ridiculous. Now the Inca, on the other hand... ;)

Seriously, I love the idea. As far as historical periods go the Age of Discovery (including crossing the Atlantic obviously) just might be my favorite, and I guess it's not a secret to anyone at this point that I like the "turning the tables" concept.

Other feedback when something happens with the AAR.

Whatever happened to this? :eek:

Two things happened: I needed a bit of a break from the game - EU III in general and this game in particular - and then busy real life caught me by surprise a bit, meaning that I couldn't play when I felt like it again, making it impossible to keep the break short as I had intended. Both writing and reading (other than what moderating requires) are rare occurrences at this point unfortunately. Plus the only longer period where I had a lot of free time I was nursing a hand injury and one-handed AAR writing isn't my idea of fun. ;)

I've got most of the material to post a couple of updates (already had when I posted the previous one :ninja:) but at this point I'd rather have one long pause than have returning readers go "okay now what the heck was going on in this AAR?" twice. Rest assured, it's not over - I'm still around regularly and as soon as I have the time to get it rolling properly I'll continue (more like restart I feel...).

Anyway, good to have you here, seeing new people chime in still after such a long break certainly motivates me to prioritize getting back to this as high as possible.

Us 'old' people haven't gone anywhere, for sure :)